Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Launch Date For Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced, Pre-Orders Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Townsendvol

Townsendvol

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just curious if anyone knows how it usually works, will the physical goods for the Fig backers arrive April 3rd or will they be sent later?  Just curious. Thanks.

• Witkh13 likes this

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dear friends I want to PreOrder Pillars of Eternity II I have a MacBook and I just want to confirm what format to order. Steam or GAG?  Thanks so much.

Whichever you like - I'm pretty certain MacOS version is available on both gog and steam.

Edit: from gog's page:

Works on:

Windows (7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.9+) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

Sure steam will have the same.

Edited by Silent Winter, 26 January 2018 - 04:51 AM.

• Fluffboll likes this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5055 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Your pet is a *COUGH*pidgeon*COUGH* hawk. Nice!

Looking forward to playing the patched game. :)

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Steam:Perebor
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Gosh I hope it's not too early... Beta was raw, very raw...

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Gosh I hope it's not too early... Beta was raw, very raw...

I'd say it still is very raw. 

FlorianGh

FlorianGh

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Steam:Florian Gheorghe

Obsidian put the release date on my birthday. Thank you! You shouldn't :) Then again you should!

Edited by FlorianGh, 26 January 2018 - 01:09 PM.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Sergeii99

Sergeii99

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hi Everyone, sorry if this has been answered before but its my first time here on this forum,
My question,
I bought the Elite Collector's + Statue a few months ago
Does the 3 dlc are inclued with my edition or do i will need to pay for it ?

Regards
Serge
  • Witkh13 likes this

clouseau64

clouseau64

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

sorry to spoil the party but i don't share the general enthousiasm triggered by this earlier than expected launch.

You got me worried Obsidian!

After getting me thrilled and raising my expectation through great community management and active communication you released what i consider an underwhelming backer beta, with significant balance issue, a few flawed new concepts ( interruption, penetration to name a few) and broken vancian caster.

A quick reactive patch got my hopes rising again  only to be doused again when i find out that the main flaws were barely addressed.

Feedback and communication to community have gone dark for almost a month, with absolutely no signs that the healthy pool of suggestion was even remotely considered. interest to test new builds and ideas is at a standstill!

And now this. an early launch barely 2 month from now?

Do you have secret workforce working night and day to deliver that feat or do you  lots of cool stuff already developped and that you witheld from us in the beta? Based on what i have seen in the last month with no build release nor feedback , i have serious doubts now.

Don't go "tyranny" on us again ( an amazingly innovative system and story telling spoiled by poor realisation and balancing). Don't do what larian did by realising an half backed version living up to a mere fraction of its amazing potential (where the majority of the fan base is shelving the game waiting for a enhanced edition).

POE2 needs to be released as it shall be the final polished version and improvement of one of the now legendary POE1. You have the time, your credit with the community is immense. i would back anything you launch based on your spotless reputation and i think many would do the same. Do not spoil that. Please pretty please.

• Witkh13 likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sergeii99 - The DLCs had to be bought as a separate add-on to your pledge for $20. They are not included by default in the Elite CE.
  • Sergeii99 likes this

Simon_Riley

Simon_Riley

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

what if I made an investment in the FIG and I'll buy pre-order now?
Sorry, I'm russian and my English is very bad :(

• Witkh13 likes this

tazntaylr

tazntaylr

Officer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Congratulations to the team. Looking forward to it.

Kai Lae

Kai Lae

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Is there a way to buy a season pass without the extra stuff? Want the season pass but I don't want the extras.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7719 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

sorry to spoil the party but i don't share the general enthousiasm triggered by this earlier than expected launch.

why do people keep repeating this? when deadfire were first announced, Q1 o' 2018 were the estimate from obsidian for release.  well, guess what? Q1 ends march 31, 2018.  games is almost always released on tuesdays, so for Gromnir a smart-money bet for deadfire release, previous to actual release announcement, woulda' been march 20, 27 or april 3, 2018. release is only unexpected early if you were expecting a delay, and a delay became increasing unlikely as we got closer to the target release threshold w/o an announcement of delay.  as such, april 3 is not earlier than reasonable expectations.

now perhaps you got insider info which suggests the development is in disarray and the only reason obsidian is sticking so close to Q1 release is the developer needs immediate money.  we personal got no such info. perhaps you look at beta condition and wonder how a release date of april 3 is possible. 

*shrug*

regardless, given the initial target for release and the absence o' a delay announcement, the actual release date obsidan has announced is exact what Gromnir woulda' guessed... which is the only real unexpectedness. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Suen and Mikeymoonshine like this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2301 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

April is later than I initially was expecting. I was thinking it'd be middle of March.

Also realize that:

a.) All the engine work / Production pipelining got resolved on Pillars 1.

b.) Design docs, lore etc. are carrying over.

c.) Deadfire had about a year and 4 months of work put into it before the Fig kickstarter.

d.) Aside from Obsidian's own contributions, it raised a comparable amount in crowd funding.

e.) They always placed the release in Q1 2018.

clouseau64

clouseau64

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

why do people keep repeating this? when deadfire were first announced, Q1 o' 2018 were the estimate from obsidian for release.  well, guess what? Q1 ends march 31, 2018.  games is almost always released on tuesdays, so for Gromnir a smart-money bet for deadfire release, previous to actual release announcement, woulda' been march 20, 27 or april 3, 2018. release is only unexpected early if you were expecting a delay, and a delay became increasing unlikely as we got closer to the target release threshold w/o an announcement of delay.  as such, april 3 is not earlier than reasonable expectations.

now perhaps you got insider info which suggests the development is in disarray and the only reason obsidian is sticking so close to Q1 release is the developer needs immediate money.  we personal got no such info. perhaps you look at beta condition and wonder how a release date of april 3 is possible. 

*shrug*

regardless, given the initial target for release and the absence o' a delay announcement, the actual release date obsidan has announced is exact what Gromnir woulda' guessed... which is the only real unexpectedness. 

HA! Good Fun!

you make some fair points.

i have no specific info, but backer beta is very underwhelming and since xmas obsidian communication has gone awol and there are no patch release. 2 month indeed look tight.

i hope my fears are mistaken and proven wrong.

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1294 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

1 month of no communication is hardly AWOL. They're busy.

But I see where you're coming from, the latest beta version is still overflowing with bugs.

Still, some time has passed since that version was released. And hopefully the last 2 months will be spent exclusively on squashing bugs. So while I don't think it will be Blizzard level quality, it shouldn't be a train-wreck.

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 787 posts
Isn’t the backer beta 2 builds behind their current dev build? Wouldn’t it be safe to say they HAVE been working on finishing off those bug fixes for a while now?

I didn’t follow the original beta, was it the same way?

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Isn’t the backer beta 2 builds behind their current dev build? Wouldn’t it be safe to say they HAVE been working on finishing off those bug fixes for a while now?

You bet! Even if they release a new beta build for us, they would still be ahead of that one.

• Mikeymoonshine likes this

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 787 posts
Good to know then. I will end up playing this game a bajillion times for sure with all of the class combos. April can’t come soon enough.

Almost forgot...

Dear Devs, please add Beer to one of the deities’ portfolios so I can actually make a decision on what deity to pick for my Priest/???? PC on my first play through. Thanks!

Edited by Blades of Vanatar, 29 January 2018 - 04:25 AM.

• Suen likes this

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Dear Devs, please add Beer to one of the deities’ portfolios so I can actually make a decision on what deity to pick for my Priest/???? PC on my first play through. Thanks!

Magran. Beer to celebrate winning a war, beer to forget about losing a war, and beer to do something stupid and start a war.

• Bwe, injurai, Heijoushin and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users