Launch Date For Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced, Pre-Orders Now Live!

Here we go again. It feels like deja vu. 24 days until release. I feel like a child on December the first, with a whole X-Mas calender in hand mocking me, but with the knowledge that last time, the Grinch did steal her Christmas, with stockings, trees, ornaments, pressies, food, candy, well the lot...

This time around, PoE Grinch, please stay away!

*Fiddles with cardboard door nr 1 on PoE calender*

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• 4 weeks later...

So well, here we are - I deceided to pre-order PoE II and now 1month later on the 2nd actual release try i am still not playing, and untill it´s maybe downloaded finally it will be the start of another work week for me (yes my work week starts at wednesday). You know, i deceided to prte-order mostly to support you guys, as i thought you´d care about the community and your game, but as it turns out you just leave us hanging with a more then shockingly low amount of support at least for pre-orders. It really can´t be so hard to make at least the download available the day before the actual release for people who already paid for the game so they can get going right away.

All in all i might just not pre order or even buy a game of you guys for the full price, and i´m really sorry for that. But with this kind of service i just don´t feel like a valued customer at all. It´s one thing to reschedule a realease day to make sure the quality is where you want it to be, but to then make it barly possible to play the game on the rescheduled release is just a slap in the face.

sincerely

a very dissappointed customer.

So well, here we are - I deceided to pre-order PoE II and now 1month later on the 2nd actual release try i am still not playing, and untill it´s maybe downloaded finally it will be the start of another work week for me (yes my work week starts at wednesday). You know, i deceided to prte-order mostly to support you guys, as i thought you´d care about the community and your game, but as it turns out you just leave us hanging with a more then shockingly low amount of support at least for pre-orders. It really can´t be so hard to make at least the download available the day before the actual release for people who already paid for the game so they can get going right away.

All in all i might just not pre order or even buy a game of you guys for the full price, and i´m really sorry for that. But with this kind of service i just don´t feel like a valued customer at all. It´s one thing to reschedule a realease day to make sure the quality is where you want it to be, but to then make it barly possible to play the game on the rescheduled release is just a slap in the face.

sincerely

giphy.gif

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

sincerely

Release date is 8-5-2018 @ 10 AM pdt time, I think we are not there yet. 

8-5-2018 @ 1000 PDT is 8-5-2018 @ 1700 UTC

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Good, so here in Italy at 5 pm finally the game will be released.

I really, really hope that this game won't be a disappointment. I really hope that it will be as exquisite as the previous one.

Mainly because it is the first time i trusted some people (Obsidian) enough to invest money on their project as a backer. And it was a lot of euros.

Good, so here in Italy at 5 pm finally the game will be released.

Italy gets the game at 7 pm.

Oh well. As long as the game is delivered on my account on GoG, i could wait even for another month or more.

In fact, i would have been perfectly fine if the developers delayed again the release date.

Better having the game later but with less bugs, than having it earlyer but with more bugs

sad i cabt start the game at lunch i want to start when i have every single unlock :<

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

I don't even know all of that.

Being a backer and having bought months ago (while backing the game) the season pack DLC, i know that there is something more than simply the game that i will get.

But what i will get, is a mistery to me.

I'll have to wait and see i guess.

sincerely

Take a breath and stop being so dramatic.  The download has been avaialble for two days,  and the game is released in an hour.  99.9% of games released on Steam are unlocked at the same time (10am in my time zone) on launch day.  They did not "make it barely possible to play the game." 

So happy to use GoG. It always seemed better than Steam. Afterall, what is Steam good for? Showing achievement to other players?

But i am, and i have always been, a lonewolf kind of player. I don't play videogames with other people nor i care to show them in real time what i do.

Anyway, download for me on GoG is going on without a problem.

Even if 20 Gb of game + 4 backer DLC is going to take some time.

Let's wait for when we will be able to download our already bought season DLC

Backer here as well, and it's almost downloaded via Steam. I had to uninstall Backer Beta and then reinstall Deadfire again. Had to quit Steam and restart it twice before it would start and recognize I had already pre-purchased the game via Kickstarter...however long ago that was..April 2017, I think.

Anyway, less than 2Gb to go and it's downloading at 14.8MB/s Woot-Woot.

I am about to have a  LONG LATE DAY.

Baldur's Gate 3.0, FOREVER!!!

Luck & Loot all,

Mereinid

I am about to have a  LONG LATE DAY.

Baldur's Gate 3.0, FOREVER!!!

Luck & Loot all,

Mereinid

Mmm... sadly for me it will be a gameplay of barely 30 minutes if i'm lucky.

Can't afford to go tired at work tomorrow.