Launch Date For Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced, Pre-Orders Now Live!

Heh, day 1 DLC: Sea monsters and Ydwin! I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I can hear the roar of disgust from the internet underbelly already, just by formulating this jokingly into a sentence.Ā 

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Ā 

Heh, day 1 DLC: Sea monsters and Ydwin! I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I can hear the roar of disgust from the internet underbelly already, just by formulating this jokingly into a sentence.Ā 

Ā 

If it's free do people really care? It's long old news that DLC originates from cutting the scope of the base game, but having a new scope in which employees who'd otherwise become idle can keep working on. Sometimes it's ready day one for everyone.

• Like 2

Happy about a release date, but isn't it a bit early? I haven't played the beta much, but from what I can see, it looks a bit rough around the edges...

Edit: In fact I am downright worried about it being released so early. They have made so many changes to their system - multi classing, stats that I reckon it should probably only be released late 2018.

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.ā€

Ā 

Lord of Light

Ā 

Please: Henry Rollins cameo?Ā  :w00t:

DeadFire party tonight!

Ā 

DeadFire party tonight!

Ā 

DeadFire party tonight!

Ā 

We're going to have a DeadFire Party tonight!! All right!!

Ā 

We've got nothing better to do, then play DeadFire and have a couple a brew!!!

• Like 1

For those of us importing characters from PoE I, will we be able to import our kickstarter/pre-order items from PoE I?Ā 

Ā 

Don't really care about Guan's Pledge (and I don't know how it would work in PoE II with the Endurance change) but I'd miss my Cloak of the Obsidian Order as well as my Miniature Giant Space Piglet and Tiny Obsidian Worm.Ā 

Ā 

I suspect the answer is "No", but it can't hurt to ask. :grin:

Ā 

• Like 2

Dear. Obsidian

Ā 

I'm glad to hear about the release date as a fan.

However, I am worried that Korean language is not displayed in official support language in steam store.

Ā 

Rumors are circulating among the current fans, for the reason that official support language doesn't display Korean.

Ā 

Questions that fans have.

1. Can we play games right on time for the game release date in Korean?

Ā  - If it wait longer than your release date, fans will be disappointed.

Ā 

2. Why is Steam Store not showing Korean in official language support?

Ā 1613089a7db47d20c.png

Ā 

-Ā Didn't you officially support Korean language by attaining additional back sponsorship goals?

pe-2-fig-korean-g.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

3. Is it working on Obsidian Entertainment officially translating?

3-1. or not. Is it working on the Korean translation through other third-party companies?

Ā -Ā If the third company is doing translation work, Most fans are guessing that H2 Interactive is the third company. is it true?

3-2. or. Are you waiting for the approval of the Korea Game Evaluation Council (GRAC)?

Ā 

I would like you know clarify these questions officially.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Well - they have had time - I'm presuming that they started some time back - possibly during White March development (way before Fig backing started) - after all they must have had loads of people sitting doing nothing in the office :) I am a bit worried that's it too early even so - they have been very ambitious and made loads of changes to the game. I would just want Deadfire to release in the same state as Pillars. (Pillars was not perfect and they made many changes to it over the patching schedule, but it was very playable.)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.ā€

Ā 

Lord of Light

Ā 

Ā 

Greetings Watchers and fans!
Ā 
We have great news today, so I'm going to hand it over to our awesome Community Manager, Aarik Dorobiala. Take it away, Aarik!
Ā 
_____
Ā 
Ā 
Today, we are happy to announce that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will launch on April 3rd, 2018 and that pre-orders are now available!
Ā 
There are three separate versions of the game to choose from: a base game edition, a Deluxe Edition with a bunch of digital goodies, and the Obsidian Edition, with digital goodies and the Season Pass. All three versions will be available on Obsidian.net, GOG.com, and Steam, as well as a bunch of other participating retailers.
Ā 
When you pre-order the game, you will also receive the Captain's Footlocker bundle!Ā 
Ā 
This bundle includes:
ā€¢ St. Drogga's Skull
ā€¢ Beakhead, the White Hawk Pet
ā€¢ The Black Flag
Ā 
Ā 
deadfire-captains-footlocker.jpg
deadfire-preorder-ingame.gif
Ā 
Ā 
Now you might be asking yourself, "But Aarik, what if we already pledged on Fig and/or the Backer Portal?"
Ā 
Don't worry my friends, we got you covered! For those who have already backed the game through Fig or the Backer Portal, you'll be receiving the Captain's Locker along with your crowdfunding goodies!Ā 
Ā 
"Hold on Aarik," you might also retort, "if people can pre-order the game on Obsidian.net, GOG.com, and Steam, when will we be able to redeem our keys?"
Ā 
Excellent question my friends! We are actually working through that as you are reading this! We found some Xaurips messing around and causing havoc on our end,Ā  so you won't be able to redeem your key right away. We're working very diligently to ensure you guys are able to redeem your keys for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire from the Backer Portal.
Ā 
Thank you guys so much for all your love and support and we look forwards to seeing you explore the Deadfire. If you have any questions, please comment below.

Ā 

Ā 

Please forgive me posting this here. Was not sure of the right place. I want to preorder Pillars of Eternity II but not sure whether I should order the Steam or GOG version. I have a MacBook AIr.Ā  Thank for your patience and understanding. Go Obsidian!!

Dear friends I want to PreOrder Pillars of Eternity II I have a MacBook and I just want to confirm what format to order. Steam or GAG?Ā  Thanks so much.

Whichever you like - I'm pretty certain MacOS version is available on both gog and steam.

Ā 

Edit: from gog's page:

Works on:

Windows (7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.9+) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)
Ā 
Sure steam will have the same.
Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Guest FlorianGh

Obsidian put the release date on my birthday. Thank you! You shouldn't :)Ā Then again you should!

Edited by FlorianGh

Hi Everyone, sorry if this has been answered before but its my first time here on this forum,

My question,

I bought the Elite Collector's + Statue a few months ago

Does the 3 dlc are inclued with my edition or do i will need to pay for it ?

Ā 

Regards

Serge

• Like 1

sorry to spoil the party but i don't share the general enthousiasm triggered by this earlier than expected launch.

Ā 

You got me worried Obsidian!

After getting me thrilled and raising my expectation through great community management and active communication you released what i consider an underwhelming backer beta, with significant balance issue, a few flawed new concepts ( interruption, penetration to name a few) and broken vancian caster.

A quick reactive patch got my hopes rising againĀ  only to be doused again when i find out that the main flaws were barely addressed.

Feedback and communication to community have gone dark for almost a month, with absolutely no signs that the healthy pool of suggestion was even remotely considered. interest to test new builds and ideas is at a standstill!

Ā 

And now this. an early launch barely 2 month from now?

Do you have secret workforce working night and day to deliver that feat or do youĀ  lots of cool stuff already developped and that you witheld from us in the beta? Based on what i have seen in the last month with no build release nor feedback , i have serious doubts now.

Ā 

Don't go "tyranny" on us again ( an amazingly innovative system and story telling spoiled by poor realisation and balancing). Don't do what larian did by realising an half backed version living up to a mere fraction of its amazing potential (where the majority of the fan base is shelving the game waiting for a enhanced edition).

Ā 

POE2 needs to be released as it shall be the final polished version and improvement of one of the now legendary POE1. You have the time, your credit with the community is immense. i would back anything you launch based on your spotless reputation and i think many would do the same. Do not spoil that. Please pretty please.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Sergeii99 - The DLCs had to be bought as a separate add-on to your pledge for $20. They are not included by default in the Elite CE.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

ā€” Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

ā€” Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ā