Launch Date For Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced, Pre-Orders Now Live!

Greetings Watchers and fans!

We have great news today, so I'm going to hand it over to our awesome Community Manager, Aarik Dorobiala. Take it away, Aarik!

_____

Today, we are happy to announce that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will launch on April 3rd, 2018 and that pre-orders are now available!

There are three separate versions of the game to choose from: a base game edition, a Deluxe Edition with a bunch of digital goodies, and the Obsidian Edition, with digital goodies and the Season Pass. All three versions will be available on Obsidian.net, GOG.com, and Steam, as well as a bunch of other participating retailers.

When you pre-order the game, you will also receive the Captain's Footlocker bundle! 

This bundle includes:

St. Drogga's Skull

Beakhead, the White Hawk Pet

The Black Flag

deadfire-captains-footlocker.jpg

deadfire-preorder-ingame.gif

Now you might be asking yourself, "But Aarik, what if we already pledged on Fig and/or the Backer Portal?"

Don't worry my friends, we got you covered! For those who have already backed the game through Fig or the Backer Portal, you'll be receiving the Captain's Locker along with your crowdfunding goodies! 

"Hold on Aarik," you might also retort, "if people can pre-order the game on Obsidian.net, GOG.com, and Steam, when will we be able to redeem our keys?"

Excellent question my friends! We are actually working through that as you are reading this! We found some Xaurips messing around and causing havoc on our end,  so you won't be able to redeem your key right away. We're working very diligently to ensure you guys are able to redeem your keys for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire from the Backer Portal.

Thank you guys so much for all your love and support and we look forwards to seeing you explore the Deadfire. If you have any questions, please comment below.

• Like 29

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

This is earlier than expected! YAY!!!! :aiee:

Some fear of mine, though: If the delay for backers is just a few hours, I don't really care, but I've been involved in similar cases, where the delay can be days. *Gulp!*

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Kudos!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

This is earlier than expected! YAY!!!! :aiee:

Some fear of mine, though: If the delay for backers is just a few hours, I don't really care, but I've been involved in similar cases, where the delay can be days. *Gulp!*

as we mentioned in the sawyer tweets thread, this deadfire announcement comes almost exact relative to release as the poe announcement came relative to release.  we assumed if a delay announcement for deadfire were gonna occur, using poe as a guide, it woulda already happened. announcement o' release date thus seemed imminent if obsidian were following patterns. 

our poe announcement guess were based on a guess o' an internal obsidian target o' the last tuesday o' the first fiscal quarter o' 2015, with actual slippage to first tuesday o' q2-- april 1, 2015.  by the end of the first Q appeared to once again be the obsidian goal, so our guess woulda' been, as previous, first tuesday o' Q2-- april 3, 2018.  so rather than unexpected, this announcement is pretty much exact as expected. freaky exact as expected.  obsidian predictability is, ironic, the thing we see as unexpected.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Great news. Also, anyone notice the writing on the boat? Any idea what it might mean, if anything?

They been putting that stuff in the recent creature info tweets also. 

Also, it might be there just to show where the name of the ship will be available for us to see. :)

• Like 1

Alright, so there is Standard, Deluxe, and Obsidian.

I have "Premium" Digital + Pillars II DLC. I guess that means I have the Obsidian Package? This is going by the original backing schemes.

Or is Premium a back thing unto it's own? Because I thought that backers would have unique bonuses not in any of the release packages.

• Like 3

I have "Premium" Digital + Pillars II DLC. I guess that means I have the Obsidian Package? This is going by the original backing schemes.

Or is Premium a back thing unto it's own? Because I thought that backers would have unique bonuses not in any of the release packages.

I'm also interested in this question and raise another - when will keys be sent?

• Like 2

Great news. Also, anyone notice the writing on the boat? Any idea what it might mean, if anything?

Steam key, maybe?

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Steam key, maybe?

Nah, they're 5 character-based, for instance 3x5 chars.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Please: Henry Rollins cameo?  :w00t:

He's Eothas.
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Technically it still holds true. Just like you i have the Premium Digital and P2 DLC. If you look at the Obsidian Package they are only going to get 1 in-game pet and 1 special in-game item. BUT the Premium Digital backer edition says that we will get 1 in-game pet and 2 special in-game items.

• Like 2

Backer items and Pre-order items are separate. 

So Backers will be getting Fig rewards as well as the pre-order items!

For those who are only purchasing by pre-order will only get those 3 items. 

• Like 9