The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

EDIT: That is not actually correct. I looked at it and I can't see how they can be GG and how the small A gets removed or deleted from the string of letters, but your discovery most likely leads down the path that this is actually just a wild goose chase :p

So it's only cCedpo that is not "translated" yet then? I was thinking... by date, first letter does it make any sense? (Nope)

I sorted them based on Date published (not on date Discovered):

RMaM4A - Broken Sword 4: Angel of Death
BtF6nW - Trine 3: Artifact of Power
w6Pd2u (Reverse) - Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: Le Chuck's Revenge
SHbEXB (Reverse) - Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt Expansion Pass
cCedpo - Unknown
8twCgw - 2 free Unknown items
8twCgw (Reverse) - Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt Expansion Pass

KFK5Lj - Warhammer 40'000: Chaos Gate
KFK5Lj (Reverse) - The Celestian North
BMGG7 (Reverse) - Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
XQrdGv - Smuggler's Guild
XQrdGv (Reverse) - OlliOlli

EDIT: Nevermind. This might be a tad bit too much and I think it might be the wrong path down... I just tried using the this as a code:
http://i.imgur.com/ApZsysO.png

ApZsysO that is, and the result is "Turok" when I try to redeem it. Seems to me that GOG accepts various random letters for unredeemable stuff. Might simply be one of those "Causation does not equal Correlation" things~

http://i.imgur.com/jxZZCrX.png Wasteland 2
https://i.imgur.com/5GHQhv9l.jpg Supreme League of Patriots
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire/ss-032.jpg Witcher 1, 2, and 3
https://i2.wp.com/expansivedlc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PillarsOfEternity2-2018-01-16-16-22-25-87.png God dammit xD so freaking cryptic. Starts of like a date, 2018-01-16 and then what the hell??? xD "PillarsOfEternity2-2018-01-16-16-22-25-87"
https://i.imgur.com/rkPCR9J.jpg and this in reverse is Blackguards 2

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Yep. GOG accepts random letters. I just closed my eyes and pressed randomly on my keyboard and got Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as a result.

askldj~

GOG redeeming is probably not related.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 3

Yep. GOG accepts random letters. I just closed my eyes and pressed randomly on my keyboard and got Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as a result.

askldj~

GOG redeeming is probably not related.

Yeah.  That feels likely.  Embedding random GOG codes all over the internet is an esoteric way of dropping hints, especially when none of them seem to have any bearing on the game you're trying to hype.

Edit: Yeah, generated a bunch of random 6-digit codes over here, and almost all of them redeemed to some expired offer without worrying about forward/backward nonsense.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Going back to my original thought xD

BtF6nW - T
cCedpo - EO
8twCgw - T
BMahh7 - AHH
RMaM4A - A
SHbEXB - SHE

Need one more S somewhere and then you can spell out EOTHAS if the rule is only one letter per "code" :p

Unless the result is supposed to be a stuttering commoner, about to be squished! "E-e-ot-t-h-h-h-a-a-a-s"

• Like 2

Unless the result is supposed to be a stuttering commoner, about to be squished! "E-e-ot-t-h-h-h-a-a-a-s"

It doesn't have to be a stutter!  Sometimes you just need a trained Shakespearean actor to bring a line to life.

9sb8mcd.gif

EDIT: Originally misspelled Eothas in my low-quality meme.  Am suitably embarrassed, and will carry this shame eternally, or at least until tomorrow or so.

• Like 5

BtF6nW - T

cCedpo - EO

8twCgw - T

BMahh7 - AHH

RMaM4A - A

SHbEXB - SHE

Need one more S somewhere and then you can spell out EOTHAS if the rule is only one letter per "code" :p

Maybe EOTHAS IS THAOS :o

• Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

BtF6nW - T

cCedpo - EO

8twCgw - T

BMahh7 - AHH

RMaM4A - A

SHbEXB - SHE

Maybe EOTHAS IS THAOS :o

Unless this is revealed in the first 4 hours, this would be the wrong way to break such news... :aiee:

Eigth Code Found: RMaM4A Deadfire Press Kit Screenshot(Published 16 Jan)

So, this means this (RMaM4A) is actually the 1st code? Because it was published 1 day earlier than the first "twitter/bestiary" code?

And btw, how did you even spot it in that particular picture? For example I still don't see it)

P.S. Played a bit more with baconian substitution. Tried substituting digits with their binary representation. Still nothing:

0 = 0001 4 = 0100 8 = 1000

1 = 0001 5 = 0101 9 = 1001

2 = 0010 6 = 0110

3 = 0011 7 = 0111

RMaM4A    BtF6nW    w6Pd2u       SHbEXB cCedpo 8twCgw    BMahh7    KFK5Lj

001001000 010011010 101100100101 001000 101111 100011011 001110111 000010101

00100 10000 10011 01010 11001 00101 00100 01011 11100 01101 10011 10111 00001 0101?

E     R    U/V    L     ?     F     E     M     ?     O    U/V    Z     B

E     Q     T     K     Z     F     E     L     ?     N     T     X     B

P.P.S. So far the frequency of letters used in codes are closer to substitution than to being randomly generated:

9gm7Ej5.png

But we still need a larger dataset)

What if the code didn't translate to English, and instead translated into Glanfathan?  Or one of the languages they already released keys for?

Edited by anameforobsidian

What if the code didn't translate to English, and instead translated into Glanfathan?  Or one of the languages they already released keys for?

Oof.  Then we'd be in some trouble.  :p

Aside from being able to do some simple transliteral shifts from, say, Aedyran-English to Latin-English, I don't think we know enough about the base languages to do much else.

• Like 1

Josh retweeted an interview this morning. Only a couple of Deadfire images. One of which was a repeat (without the code). The other didn’t have anything (that I could find anyway).

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Josh retweeted an interview this morning. Only a couple of Deadfire images. One of which was a repeat (without the code). The other didn’t have anything (that I could find anyway).

Should have a new Bestiary twitter post in a few hours.  In the meantime, we just have to guess which one it will be.   :p

sntFysB.jpeg

• Like 7

Should have a new Bestiary twitter post in a few hours.  In the meantime, we just have to guess which one it will be.   :p

sntFysB.jpeg

Better be Staryu or I'll go into rage mode.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

sntFysB.jpeg

Better be Staryu or I'll go into rage mode.

I would prefer it to be vulpix #firetypetrainer :3

• Like 1

9sYPVsg.png

https://twitter.com/WorldofEternity/status/963880530004471808

CbC6eF ?

Edit, I'm thinking that it might be a CoC6eF.  Lighting effects and wall textures might give the appearance of a 'b', but that second letter better fits a lower-case 'o' in the chosen font.  See later posts.

• Like 3

This is code 10 and bestiary update #5. So half the codes are coming from these Wednesday updates. 6 more Wednesdays until launch, so....12 more codes coming? 22 total?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That’s what it looks like to me

Upon further review, I'm going to have to go with:

CoC6eF

FxEIjuc.png

Right at the end of the loop, the flash has slightly different effects on the wall texture and the code laid on top.  

Yeah, I'm like 99% sure that the code is CoC6eF. It's more visible when the creature explodes. :3

EDIT:

Also when you use this code on GOG but backwards, you will get: "Ironclad Tactics: Deluxe Edition". :) (but the code doesn't work, at least not for me)

Edited by Nanawatzin
  • Like 1