The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

Hard to say... I'm still hoping we'll get these last 8 in about 8 hours till realease... but right now most of them are asleep :p

So, I read about these "exclusive" PC Gamer and Gamestar pets. Isn't using an in game console disabling an achievments?

The commands for the pets are just console commands, not cheat codes. They don't kill the achievement system.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

You guys probably looked only twitter, when there is clearly other sources for codes.

mm, I've been checking twitter, insta, FB, twitch and youtube... for obsidian, Versus Evil, and the random people who those accounts retweet... If my boss has a hidden camera anywhere in my room I"m in a lot of trouble lol. Nothing coming up but what's mentioned here. 

I see it all about 4 hours after America, so I'm kind of just doing QC, but I figure it's better to recheck then miss one lol  :yes:

• Like 1

You guys probably looked only twitter, when there is clearly other sources for codes.

Did you even check the links? Sure most codes are from twitter, but qute a few from other sources. And exept maby 1? all codes have been 1 or 2 klicks away from twitter, that they woud hide the last codes in some ubscure chinease website that only get 500 klicks a month is not likley.

Edited by BijaT

Something tells me there's missing codes out there, seems odd we'd be on release day but the hunt isn't over.

It is not odd, as nobody ever promised that the hunt will end on release day. There is not end-date established. And what is more, Obsidian guys stated that we will have access to the hunt couple of month after release. 

It may be disappointing that we won't have all the goodies on release day, but it certainly isn't odd :) and it doesn't mean that we missed some codes. There is still plenty of time for Obsidian to give us more.

• Like 2

Did you even check the links? Sure most codes are from twitter, but qute a few from other sources. And exept maby 1? all codes have been 1 or 2 klicks away from twitter, that they woud hide the last codes in some ubscure chinease website that only get 500 klicks a month is not likley.

From what I have seen most are hidden in images/gifs/videos.

Also, it is entirely possible that while I don't believe any have been found in live streams, that that is where they are.. I haven't had the time to watch the streams myself so I cannot verify one way or another... but...

Edited by darkhayze

I've never seen so much commitment to have up to 50 pages on a thread! I imagine this must be quite entertaining for the folks at Obsidian.

Feels very prudent to have this scavenger hunt, hunting every inch of the web for codes - just as we will be exploring every inch of the archipelago for hidden treasure.

Hey, I'd be interested to see if they leave some codes to be found in-game. Did they specify whether it would only be found on online/media?

• Like 1

From what I have seen most are hidden in images/gifs/videos.

Also, it is entirely possible that while I don't believe any have been found in live streams, that that is where they are.. I haven't had the time to watch the streams myself so I cannot verify one way or another... but...

I doubt it. The only streamer they would have hidden a code in is Cohh's as he was a special case who got the game before anyone else (apart from reviewers). I highly doubt he had one hidden as he was barely aware of the codes existence when he started way back on friday.

Hey, I'd be interested to see if they leave some codes to be found in-game. Did they specify whether it would only be found on online/media?

The welcome e-mail of the scavenger hunt specified (and I quote): "alphanumeric codes have been hidden in a variety of different Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire assets; from screenshots and trailers to social media posts, website banners, and images."

So I guess you could consider a game itself and all its contents a "Deadfire assets" but I think that would be stretch ;).

Edited by fabula_rasa
  • Like 2

Anyone willing to contact obsidian support besides me? My net is failing out of the sudden.

OBSIDIAN, I SUMMON THEE!!!

*few minutes later*

Sorry, bro, it didn’t work. I think they’re busy.

Pretty sure they heard that summon, checked this thread and did an evil laugh in the style of Dr Claw  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1

I seriously doubt any codes have been missed.  I imagine a number of them will be found once the review embargo is released and major outlets get to post their reviews. Also I expect quite a few to pop up in official Obsidian release tweets etc throughout the day.

• Like 3

"I see it all about 4 hours after America"

I guess that puts you in Polynesia, those names should look comforting and familiar to you too Noctoi. Does Tikawara look familiar to you? It looks like a Ngai Tahu word to me which would make it Kingawara in Maori or Kikawala in Hawaiian but it's just nonsense to me either way.

• Like 1

I said "Don't look Ethel!"  But it was too late, she'd already looked.

I take it you mean the Deadfire addition to POE? Interesting thought but aren't all the codes so far from this year?

"I see it all about 4 hours after America"

I guess that puts you in Polynesia, those names should look comforting and familiar to you too Noctoi. Does Tikawara look familiar to you? It looks like a Ngai Tahu word to me which would make it Kingawara in Maori or Kikawala in Hawaiian but it's just nonsense to me either way.

Australia actually, but I work weird hours!  :lol: I'm definitely not an expert on any of the languages of the area, but Tikawara has a flavor that is really reminiscent of some of the Maori place names I've heard mentioned. I'm not sure if the names in the game mean anything in the real world, but they have managed to capture the "feel" of the languages well enough that I feel a little nostalgic for some late night drunken conversations with some NZ uni friends I used to hang out with  :yes:

• Like 2

Then you are fifteen hours ahead of the US and not four hours behind. Tomorrow has already come for them and we are living in it.

If you make Tikawara with a double r then it becomes Tikawarra and could easily be a NSW name.