The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

I type all of them, only 43/55, not 46. Help!

if you leave scavenger page opened for a long time, it sometime reject codes until you refresh the page. try it next time. it's helped me.

Worked! 46 now. Thanks!

I grew up in Polynesia and all these Polynesian names are really nostalgic for me. I don't actually speak any Polynesian language but I do know what a mea'uli is, what a fakaleiti is, why the Hawaiians don't call themselves Maoli (when they clearly are to my eyes) and why the Maori in New Zealand stopped fighting (they hadn't lost).

I even know the difference between Tu'i Manua and Tui Manu'a.

Some of the names that the designers have chosen are very evocative. Kangati Islands means the Isles of People,  Kua o Rekuhu Islands clearly means the Islands of the Misty Skies Wood.

It is like Wizard of Earthsea but with comforting names from my childhood.

You mean Obsidian did research and used information about culture accurately? Respect for Obsidian +1

Edited by AlphaShard
  • Like 2

why the Hawaiians don't call themselves Maoli (when they clearly are to my eyes)

Out of curiosity, why?

The names Hawai'i, Savai'i (a place in Samoa) and Hawaiki (the ancestral origin of the NZ Maori) are all the same name and it is a name that resonates with dignitas and gravitas in Polynesia. It's hard to think of a suitable simile in Europe but Rome, Constantinople or Jerusalem all approach it one way or another.

The Hawaiian people call themselves Kanaka Maoli (this would be Tangata Maori in NZ Maori) but they belong to and are of Hawai'i and only they can be Hawaiian in the same way that only people from the US can be American even though Canadians and Chileans are just as much American and of America as the US Americans are.

Other Polynesians seem to feel this too. One time centuries ago a Tahitian king sailed to Hawai'i in his waka and discovered that the Hawaiians were lax and dissolute so he sailed back to Tahiti, assembled a fleet and an army and sailed back to Hawai'i, whipped them back into shape and then returned home to Tahiti. It isn't likely he would have done that with a different island chain. The name Hawaiki had and has real power.

• Like 1

I said "Don't look Ethel!"  But it was too late, she'd already looked.

The names Hawai'i, Savai'i (a place in Samoa) and Hawaiki (the ancestral origin of the NZ Maori) are all the same name and it is a name that resonates with dignitas and gravitas in Polynesia. It's hard to think of a suitable simile in Europe but Rome, Constantinople or Jerusalem all approach it one way or another.

The Hawaiian people call themselves Kanaka Maoli (this would be Tangata Maori in NZ Maori) but they belong to and are of Hawai'i and only they can be Hawaiian in the same way that only people from the US can be American even though Canadians and Chileans are just as much American and of America as the US Americans are.

Other Polynesians seem to feel this too. One time centuries ago a Tahitian king sailed to Hawai'i in his waka and discovered that the Hawaiians were lax and dissolute so he sailed back to Tahiti, assembled a fleet and an army and sailed back to Hawai'i, whipped them back into shape and then returned home to Tahiti. It isn't likely he would have done that with a different island chain. The name Hawaiki had and has real power.

Interesting. I think your examples worked really well for the purpose of explaining this topic - I can definitely see the parallels to Rome its legacy here.

Thank you for the explanation!

game is out tomorrow and 9 codes to go.....will the hunt be extended after the game is released.

think we're out of luck and we aint getting our space porky (((

Obs might just give us full reward for the effort tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbIPL0tKrRM

Hard to believe they'd release this with no codes at all? Anyone who can recognize notes hear a 6-chord progression anywhere? I'll admit, I'm tonedeaf myself..

pp

I can but:

1) music theory is stupid. I have spent way too much time in aural skills/theory class to ever do it again.

2) there is nothing to be found here.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

think we're out of luck and we aint getting our space porky (((

Obs might just give us full reward for the effort tho.

Or there will be a bunch of codes in the reviews that are inevitably coming in the next couple of days, as well as launch Tweets by various Obsidian folks.

• Like 2

Can someone put the theme through a spectrogram (or whatever the hell it's called?)  :w00t:

This is a Scavenger Hunt, not The Da Vinci Code)))

You're right, He'll definitely need to change it to hexadecimal..

• Like 3

Hard to believe they'd release this with no codes at all?  Anyone who can recognize notes hear a 6-chord progression anywhere?  I'll admit, I'm tonedeaf myself..

pp

yours nickname looks like a code <_< =)))

Edited by Duargar
  • Like 1

Hard to believe they'd release this with no codes at all?  Anyone who can recognize notes hear a 6-chord progression anywhere?  I'll admit, I'm tonedeaf myself..

I'm... so not going to try. You could find maddening amounts of codes in there by lining up note or chord sequences.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!