The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

Good work guys.  As opposed to Obsidian feeling like a bunch of us are cheating by obtaining the codes in this manner I'd like to think they're happy that we're enthusiastic enough about the game's upcoming release to partake in the hunt at all.   :yes:

Edit: Just saw in a recent update that they even shout out and link to this thread.  Love it.

These kinds of promotions happen often and they ALWAYS end up being solved in a community effort in the forums. My guess is that  after we find all codes, they will wait a few days and will then give the dlcs to everyone for free. This solves the gog issue and pissing off potential customers by telling them that they can't get something because they didn't pay attention to the game early enough, wouldn't help anyone.

• Like 1

I've been looking everywhere I can think of and I've found about half of the ones that others have already found and posted. I did notice that a lot of them were found in more than one place which is nice. A lot of graphic files on the Deadfire site have names that look like codes but I haven't been able to get any of them to work yet. It's kind of fun to scrounge around looking for likely suspects.

• Like 2

I said "Don't look Ethel!"  But it was too late, she'd already looked.

I had a theory that ship signal flags could contain codes, like this one  - http://d1079ywfijtdjs.cloudfront.net/deadfire/media/screenshots/20171113/deadfire-screenshot-011-1920x1080.jpg

But, sadly, - no, those flags are not real.

I'll leave a link to wiki just in case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

Nay, these a trophies from defeated ships. Those codes aren't that obscured:-).

Nevermind that, just got an email with a code. Also, if I have gog copy, will scavanger lanter be in my inventory?

Currently Scavenger Hunt isn't integrated with GOG - Steam only.

"They are working on it" How and when is anyones guess at this point.

I dare them to release the game today!

(Unlikely, but a guy’s got to try.)

• Like 14

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's actually someone streaming it at the moment, and I'm struggling not to watch ;)

By the way, great job on those codes, people and thank You very much, I found a few, but they were already in here, You're like a "rapid response group" :D

Great initiative from Obsidian, they really do have fantastic PR and marketing and they are example for other companies how it's supposed to be done ;]

Cheers, everyone :)

• Like 4

There's actually someone streaming it at the moment, and I'm struggling not to watch ;)

By the way, great job on those codes, people and thank You very much, I found a few, but they were already in here, You're like a "rapid response group" :D

Great initiative from Obsidian, they really do have fantastic PR and marketing and they are example for other companies how it's supposed to be done ;]

Cheers, everyone :)

Haha! I've found the same thing! I live in Australia, so the time zones are off... I keep scouring the images, twitch vids and socials, but every time I find something it's already been reported a couple hours earlier when I was either asleep or at work! 

At least I know I'm on the right track with the places I"m looking, and I'll just consider myself part of the "just double checking" brigade  :dancing:

• Like 4