The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

I guess we need to think of where we haven't looked yet?

Have we checked out the source code for all pages related to Deadfire? (he says with no intention of undertaking such a massive task - especially as it's unlikely to bear fruit codes)

Edit: Or check satellite imagery of all piratical looking islands in the world to see if Josh spent some of the budget to go write something in the sand...

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I expect they're sitting on some more codes for right now -- they gain nothing from keeping them back, and could irritate customers by doing so. It's even feasible that some of the more obsessed players might even decide not to play at all if they can't have everything.

Well the game releases in 21 days, I find a little unlikely that all the remaining 23 are still to be released, we got 32 in 4 months  :grin:

Well, in latest AMA devs announced that they gonna post all Critical Role custom portraits, one per day, starting from 19-th of April. That's like 7 or so portraits and most likely codes will be on them. Combine that with their usual highlight tweets about monsters and companions and who knows what other PR stunts they gonna come up with to increase hype train speed and I'm sure we'll see the rest of the codes in time.

• Like 1

Well the game releases in 21 days, I find a little unlikely that all the remaining 23 are still to be released, we got 32 in 4 months  :grin:

The marketing is going to increase as we move toward release, so more opportunity to hide codes.

Also, they still have to post tweets presenting the companions/sidekicks (which replaced the bestiary tweets).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yeah, it's all conjecture. If you go from a mathematical standpoint, there doesn't seem to be enough days, but it also makes sense they would bottleneck the codes close to the release date to generate hype and all that. I'm also confident that if we missed some codes in less obvious places, somebody in the team would have or will still give us a nudge in the right direction. Being part of a marketing campaign, it doesn't make much sense to frustrate the most obsessed fans of your game that would go through the work of finding the codes by making that task near impossible.

• Like 4

Yeah, it's all conjecture. If you go from a mathematical standpoint, there doesn't seem to be enough days,

You realize they can drop more than one picture per day, right?

Some of the codes came from magazines which had serveral pictures/codes in one issue. So there's plenty of time to drop all the remaining codes.

Being part of a marketing campaign, it doesn't make much sense to frustrate the most obsessed fans of your game that would go through the work of finding the codes by making that task near impossible.

Wouldn't be much of a scavanger hunt if it was too easy either.

Edited by Mannock

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Could some of the codes be in physical goods? (Guidebook 2 for example)

The scavenger hunt page said everything was in the online game media. So no codes will be in anything physical that we can't see online. I think looking through the tweets for highlights of what to look at may be a good idea which I think most have done already.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's all conjecture. If you go from a mathematical standpoint, there doesn't seem to be enough days,

Some of the codes came from magazines which had serveral pictures/codes in one issue. So there's plenty of time to drop all the remaining codes 

Yes, of course. I was referring to Daled's point of 32 codes in 4 months and 23 in 21 days (which isn't the way I personally look at the issue). Sorry for being unclear, I only just figured out how you quote people in the forum.

Some of the codes came from magazines which had serveral pictures/codes in one issue. So there's plenty of time to drop all the remaining codes.

Being part of a marketing campaign, it doesn't make much sense to frustrate the most obsessed fans of your game that would go through the work of finding the codes by making that task near impossible.

Wouldn't be much of a scavanger hunt if it was too easy either.

I get your point and it is reasonable to think so. However, I do think this campaign makes sense as simply a way to generate anticipation towards the game itself, but also every single piece of advertisement and announcement, printed and online. I may be mistaken, but the codes in the magazines were found only in their cover, right? Not the articles themselves? Putting them inside the magazines would be a way to make it harder. If I'm not wrong, and as nobody found anything in substantially more difficult places, it would make sense with my view of things. Of course, it is conjecture nonetheless, and we will just have to wait to see.

I've had a feeling this past week that they are all out and we've simply missed them. The other case is they still have a few more to drop, but there are a few perniciously hidden codes that may take a lot of effort to search out.

Well if u look at all the links and dates for the current codes all have come out 2018. And evrything released 2018 have been looked on pritty mutch...some gameplay vids that have not rly been looked at evry frame (3ed party clips, like gamers). Have hard time all of them is hidden there..you can also see that alot of them was "released" pritty close to eatch other. My best guess is the last push of marketing will have alot of codes aswell as updates from the developers

still no news for gog users? kinda feeling getting a shaft from obsidian.

I suspect there won't be anything until the game release and they will just grand a code to get the DLCs...or we wait for mods.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

The rewards are already known and it doesn't sound like they are in DLCs. But it could be that they will get unlocked after release (although it's kind of weird that you might not be able to get all the items when you start your first playthrough).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods