The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

I don't know if it's doable with GoG Connect, I think they can't access your licences list (I already checked and the DLCs are there even for me that I redeemed on GoG), just the public game list on your profile (and the DLCs unfortunately are not in that list).

Edited by Daled

so uhm GOG user are either getting the stuff for free or are locked out? phew...not cool. :-(

The email they sent unfortunately states:

Please note, this promotion is only available on Steam

If that’s a case that really sucks. I will wait for official news before I start bugging Obs to figure out something or somehow move my order. I mean, it should be possible to generate keys for gog, no? Maybe a little bit more messy that steam integration, but come on! How could isometric RPG on GoG be the lesser edition?

Eric responded on Reddit and said:

Unfortunately, GOG isn't set up for promotions like this the way Steam is. However, we're looking into what we can do for GOG users and hope to have something soon!

Hopefully they work something out for GOG users.

While GOG might not allow linking user accounts from outside GOG the same way Steam does, they do support DLCs. Their answer is a bit weird, the system didn't have to require direct linking of the Steam account.

Could potentially have each unlock generate a redeemable code linked to obsidian accounts to use on gog and do it that way

either way following this thread for sure

• Like 1

mDjZsK - from "Welcome to the Deadfire Explorer's Scavenger Hunt!" email.

yeah we all got this one...today or just now.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

should put that in the first post so we only need one place to get all our links :p</p>

Done! I’ll try and clean up and streamline all the threads when I get a chance. Everything could use a solid update now that we know what they’re for.

• Like 2

I don't know if it's doable with GoG Connect, I think they can't access your licences list (I already checked and the DLCs are there even for me that I redeemed on GoG), just the public game list on your profile (and the DLCs unfortunately are not in that list).

It is.  GoG connect allows them to directly "tie" any DLC items that exist on your steam account to your DRM-free gog version.  Topico 5 is a good example of this, until I had all the DLC it only gave me the DLC that I already had.  My guess it's more that the backend doesn't have a list of the items yet, and they just need to hammer it out with GoG.  GoG to Steam on the other hand?  Yeah doesn't exist, but it sure would be nice if it did.

Anyway, OP, other who's compiled the codes.  Deepest thanks, I like the idea of the scavenger hunt but have zero time to actually dig through stuff to find it.

• Like 2

Does anyone know whether you can redeem the codes before you buy the game on Steam and still get the items when you get the game later? I'm asking for a friend.

In order to redeem the codes, you need to log in to your Steam account through the Obsidian site.

So no, I don't think you can do it that way.  You'll have to purchase the game first, then do it.

Does anyone know whether you can redeem the codes before you buy the game on Steam and still get the items when you get the game later? I'm asking for a friend.

In order to redeem the codes, you need to log in to your Steam account through the Obsidian site.

So no, I don't think you can do it that way.  You'll have to purchase the game first, then do it.

Don't think so - I forgot to register my backer code on steam, which I did after doing all the codes from this thread. And when the game appeared on my steam account it had all the bonuses from this hunt event. Thus I think it is safe to buy the game after doing the codes.

• Like 1

// believing is bleeding

Don't think so - I forgot to register my backer code on steam, which I did after doing all the codes from this thread. And when the game appeared on my steam account it had all the bonuses from this hunt event. Thus I think it is safe to buy the game after doing the codes.

Oh ok.  My bad.

If you don't know for sure please don't spread misinformation. The Steam login is used to redeem packages directly to your account ignoring any requirements. You can check what has been redeemed on your licenses page.

So to answer the question: Yes, you do not need to own anything to receive the items.

Oh ok.  My bad.

Thank you, Irx and Yosharian, for your help!

Hi all !

If we display source code of Scavenger Hunt web page we can see the name and description of the 3 last items to unlock :

- Captain's Banquet x5 :

Reward your crew, or yourself, for a job well done.

- Sails of Berath :

Let the death god's will strike fear into the hearts of your enemies.

- Cutthroat Cosmo :

Someone has to handle the crew when you're not around...

if it can be useful to someone to discover new codes ^^.

Edited by Doremus
  • Like 1