The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

Scavenger Hunt? Maybe that’s our codes:

https://i.imgur.com/LJiVE9w.png

Edit: image stolen from @Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I don't understand, where is that screenshot from?

But a scavanger hunt surely seems plausible.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96748-how-much-dlc-is-planned-for-poe-2/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1994662

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Scavenger Hunt? Maybe that’s our codes:

https://i.imgur.com/LJiVE9w.png

Edit: image stolen from @Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I don't understand, where is that screenshot from?

But a scavanger hunt surely seems plausible.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96748-how-much-dlc-is-planned-for-poe-2/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1994662

Got it! Thanks!

Yeah, seems very plausible as a scavanger hunt. Would fit well with the pirate theme.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Bah, it looks more and more like Destiny redeemable codes for a crap ton of cosmetic items like emblems and shaders, or small booster /resource packs in other games. Personally, I'm not a fan of things like that. Good thing they haven't thought of putting those into various stores' pre-orders, that would have been awful.

Bah, it looks more and more like Destiny redeemable codes for a crap ton of cosmetic items like emblems and shaders, or small booster /resource packs in other games. Personally, I'm not a fan of things like that. Good thing they haven't thought of putting those into various stores' pre-orders, that would have been awful.

I'm not saying it something great in itself, but it seems like a plausible explanation for what the codes are all about.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I'm not saying it something great in itself, but it seems like a plausible explanation for what the codes are all about.

No, I'm not arguing about that - it is the most likely explanation. I'm just expressing my disdain for these shenanigans  :getlost:

• Like 1

Well, it’s free stuff that anyone can get—what’s the harm?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I mean.... Cutthroat Cosmo? 

If those items are indeed redeemable via codes we found... I am not 100 sure why they are done the way they are done. If you bought the game, there is little benefit to Obsidian from watching their promo stuff. If you didn't buy the game, the codes probably won't make you do it.

Still, Cutthroad Cosmo? <3

So, I dropped a post about an interesting find a couple weeks ago.

All the pieces aren't quite there, but in the latest beta there are references to a thing called "Scavenger Bundles".  They're similar promotions to the cosmic pet codes, but tracked and managed separately.  Somehow you enter the code (console?  NPC?), and it grants a stack of items, and then marks the party save as having received it.  It's nice to see some independent confirmation that it's a thing.

That image seems to seal the deal that these codes are redeemed for bundles of items.  No time to slack off though.  Just under a month of new codes left to find!  :)

Still, Cutthroad Cosmo? <3

Yup!  Just like the Scavenger Bundle info, it's entirely possible that a cute little space pig with a pirate hat has been hiding in the beta for a little while.   ;)   

• Like 8

Yup! Just like the Scavenger Bundle info, it's entirely possible that a cute little space pig with a pirate hat has been hiding in the beta for a little while. ;)

Pics or it didn’t happen
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

When I read scavanger loot I immediately thought about Fulvano's Journey but if these items are in DLC form it's kind of unlikely.

Edit: Unless they thought about that and CottonWolf is right, that's a cool idea.

Edited by Daled

Yup! Just like the Scavenger Bundle info, it's entirely possible that a cute little space pig with a pirate hat has been hiding in the beta for a little while. ;)

Pics or it didn’t happen

slBkCbx.png

Didn't want to post too much earlier.  But now that someone let the pig out of the bag (or however that aphorism goes), it appears that the secret is out.   :p

• Like 5

Should always goad the OP into providing pictorial proof

FTFY :)
  • Like 2

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

10 DLCs listed, but a lot more than 10 codes...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

”Accidentally” published on Steam

”Accidentally” published on Steam

There are also a lot of game systems that we don't fully understand yet either.  Not every code necessarily has to be redeemed for a scavenger bundle, even if it seems like that is the most probable outcome.

The more I dig into the "Berath's Blessing" NG+ system, the less straightforward it seems.  Maybe some codes redeem for Berath tokens or other undiscovered game bits.