The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but I find it interesting that we’re yet to see a code that has a number for the 3rd character

Actually that's not true anymore. This one has been undiscovered for weeks probably.

mother****er
  • Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yeah, they seem recklessly and haphazardly presented, almost just strewn around. Still, they've gone through the trouble of having some German artist hand paint the darn thing, for instance. I can tell it's done by the artist herself (I think). Perhaps there will be wounded NPCs wimpering about in the game, and when you click on them, you get one of those Dragon Age convos. But instead of "buy this DLC", "Enter this troll code"... JUST KIDDING!

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A part of me is still partial to the idea Obsidian is just pulling a benevolent pr stunt or giving out they're excess humble-bundle codes.

But getting media partners involved in that seems to kill that theory. Why not just stick to twitter codes.

It seems to me maybe they are generating some encryption scheme in order to make the codes match up with gog codes just as an extra fun throw in.

Which makes me think the codes form a Vernam cipher, because you could concoct some encryption scheme to plan what the cipher codes are, and thus allowing them to serve that dual purpose of hidden message / gog codes.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but I find it interesting that we’re yet to see a code that has a number for the 3rd character

Actually that's not true anymore. This one has been undiscovered for weeks probably.

yJ3BqA, for the record

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

A part of me is still partial to the idea Obsidian is just pulling a benevolent pr stunt or giving out they're excess humble-bundle codes.

But getting media partners involved in that seems to kill that theory. Why not just stick to twitter codes.

It seems to me maybe they are generating some encryption scheme in order to make the codes match up with gog codes just as an extra fun throw in.

Which makes me think the codes form a Vernam cipher, because you could concoct some encryption scheme to plan what the cipher codes are, and thus allowing them to serve that dual purpose of hidden message / gog codes.

I find the whole thing odd.

If they are codes to cash in somewhere/anywhere, then why not say so? I mean the point of the codes would be to generate positive buzz around the company/product but that never happens if it isn't explained by the devs.

And the codes themselves doesn't really generate any buzz by themselves either because I think very few people notice them at all. We're a handful of people discussing it here, but that's about it.

But maybe the devs will make it all clear in the coming weeks leading up to the release.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

If they won't be part of some kind of announcement I'm starting to think they'll be something simpler, like console's IDs to get pets (along with those given with mags), do you think that's a possibility? If someone has seen the mag's codes, do they have the same format?

Edited by Daled

If they won't be part of some kind of announcement I'm starting to think they'll be something simpler, like console's IDs to get pets (along with those given with mags), do you think that's a possibility? If someone has seen the mag's codes, do they have the same format?

They do not.  The cosmic dog/bird codes are simply:

COSMIC DOG

COSMIC BIRD

:p

Also, the console commands shouldn't be case sensitive.  All this upper/lowercase nonsense in the Deadfire codes wouldn't be relevant.  Sure, it's possible that there could be a game object called yJ3BqA, but that would be way out of line with their fairly neat naming hierarchy.

Maybe there's some other way of inputing data into the game besides the console.  Perhaps the First National Bank of Neketaka just happens to use alphanumeric six-digit account numbers and your adventuring takes us to a branch office at some point in the story.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 5

^ That would be dissapointing)

In any case, here's another try/approach:
These codes contain A_Z, a_z and 0_9 characters with no special symbols so far. I think it's safe to make assumption that the dictionary has the size of 62 characters.
What if each code has a corresponding number in base 62? and we would try to convert it to base 26?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789 - cipher alphabet
0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz - symbols used for number in base 62

0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP - symbols used for number in base 26
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ - english alphabet

BtF6nW
step1: 1j5wdM - corresponding number in base 62
step3: 534OI32 - corresponding number in base 26
step4: FDEYSDC - back to alphabet - nope, still gibberish
-------
RMaM4A
step1:HCQCu0 - corresponding number in base 62
step3:1P06L71I - corresponding number in base 26
step4: BZAGVHBS - back to alphabet - nope, still gibberish

Have tried without step 1, still nothing. Btw, if you need a base converter, here's the one I used.

Have also tried this base62 library: https://base62.io
Again gibberish. Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

They do not.  The cosmic dog/bird codes are simply:

COSMIC DOG

COSMIC BIRD

:p

Also, the console commands shouldn't be case sensitive.  All this upper/lowercase nonsense in the Deadfire codes wouldn't be relevant.  Sure, it's possible that there could be a game object called yJ3BqA, but that would be way out of line with their fairly neat naming hierarchy.

Maybe there's some other way of inputing data into the game besides the console.  Perhaps the First National Bank of Neketaka just happens to use alphanumeric six-digit account numbers and your adventuring takes us to a branch office at some point in the story.

Now I feel stupid :grin: , I vaguely recall that some games use a similar format for creatures/items IDs. Thanks for clarifing the pet codes anyway :thumbsup:

The d20 in post 215

Now that Obsidian is giving clues beyond the codes, let them be warned about letting detritus creep in. A clear view of something like that will not be ignored, nor should it. Which is why I think it probably means something, but who really knows...

• Like 3

If I were to pull numbers from that die it would be whatever is on top, at least over 20 13 14. You can see more numbers than those (12, 15, 16? among others), if not clearly then by aligning your own d20 like that. But whoever has one, do align it like that and tell us what number is on top. Or wait for Ethics Gradient to do detective work on it. Then we throw that number at MaxQuest and wait a few hours for him to perform some magic beyond our mortal understanding and maybe come up with a solution.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I just went with the totally obscured numbers. Any reading on that die will be somewhat arbitrary. Though reading off the top might be the best assumption for a bunch of nerds. I went with what was most directed towards the camera, seeing the die as a clue prop.

yeah you would think every d20 is printed the same, but, the ones I'm looking at right now don't match the number placements on Josh's die

only someone with that exact layout can solve this obviously very meaningful clue

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Do d20's at least follow the rule of d6, where the sum of opposing sides is always 7? Obviously always 21 in this case. Could narrow the numbers down if so, but I think the other single digit we can see is a 6 or an 8, and considering we can see both 13 and 15 this doesn't seem to apply.

Google "orange d20" to pursue this obviously very meaningful clue!

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

yeah you would think every d20 is printed the same, but, the ones I'm looking at right now don't match the number placements on Josh's die

Standard "rolling" d20s follow the semi-random opposing side rule.  The item on Josh's desk is a 55mm "countdown" d20.  It's numbered sequentially so you can use it to keep track of something between 1-20 without constantly having to search for the next number.

71vkqOpr9ML._SX200_.jpg

I doubt it means much.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2