The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

Maybe someone in Deadfire marketing team is just putting his/her old GOG game codes in there to screw with us?

Yeah.  That was a working theory for a little while.  At least maybe that the names of the GOG titles themselves would hold some sort of clue.

But as it turns out, you can type almost any string of characters into GOG and it will parse out as a expired or non-redeemable code for some game.  Just now, I randomly generated bJapmN, and it swears that it might have been good for a copy of Witcher 3 at some point.   :shrugz:

It's an interesting bit of info for sure, but GOG redeemability seems to be a red herring in whatever this Deadfire code business is about.

• Like 1

So you literally just type COSMIC BIRD into the console to unlock it... I wonder if doing so disables achievements...

What was the code for the dog? Or do we not know?

Yeah, I'm also wondering if using this code will disable achievements. I guess we don't have any confirmation on that, yet? 

And also as was said above - I guess that the code for the doge will be the same as for the birb.

I have yet to see the magazine myself, but my source strongly implied the dog code follows the same COSMIC PET format.  So,

COSMIC DOG

COSMIC BIRD

... should do a thing.  And should we hear about the March edition of HappyFunGames offering a cosmic ferret, well... expect there to be a COSMIC FERRET code nestled somewhere inside.

But yes, fancy pets aside, the fact that there may be a code that does cheat-like things without triggering the cheat flag is a spicy detail.  Playing Deadfire will be fun and stuff, but hunting exploits is The Sport of Kings!

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any connection to our current deck of mystery codes.  The hunt continues.

• Like 1

Hey there little buddy, finally found you hiding in the bottom-left of this particular Gamestar cover image:

DeYvu8

NpbmTBx.jpeg

Note: It is a different cover from the others that were featured in the print editions.  Only the "digital" cover seems to have a clean look at the code.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 6

Each segment has a character that could be considered unique, i.e. the number 6 in the otherwise letter-only sequence “BtF6nW”.

6PbC8?

Pet theory is now dead :(

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

HTEPhK?

EDIT: HTEPbK (as per Ethics Gradient)

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

There's a weird line break in the tweet text, too  "... but Naga prefer / violence over cooperation."

Probably nothing, as none of the other bestiary tweets featured anything like this.  But it's not like we have much else to go on here. 

HTEPhK?

EDIT: HTEPbK (as per Ethics Gradient)

Yeah, the screenshot-to-movie-to-gif-to-twitterMP4 conversion is getting a little ugly.  It would be a lot cleaner if twitter served up the original gifs, or if obsidian posted them on the deadfire homepage.

That second-to-last character is a bit fuzzy, but it looks more like a closed loop than not.

It is also missing any indication of the lower-right serif that we'd expect to see in a lower-case h.

Though, *shrug* macro blocks everywhere!  Could totally be an h that got dorked-up by image conversion.

TmDCfpL.png

• Like 1

There's a weird line break in the tweet text, too  "... but Naga prefer / violence over cooperation."

Probably nothing, as none of the other bestiary tweets featured anything like this.  But it's not like we have much else to go on here. 

I really hope it means something. Finally, they're all letters, so it's perfect for substitution. The best adjective I can come up with is "direct", as in "Naga prefer direct violence over cooperation"

so try to some substitute code with that info, backwards, forwards, whatever....

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Man, I can't wait till someone cracks this code...

Hmm, didn't these turn out to be just GoG codes in the end? And who the first spots and checks it - can redeem it?

Man, I can't wait till someone cracks this code...

Hmm, didn't these turn out to be just GoG codes in the end? And who the first spots and checks it - can redeem it?

But that's just speculation, right? No one from Obsidian has confirmed anything about these codes, to my knowledge.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox