Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - Everything we know so far

Scavenger Hunt! Codes! Pirate Cosmo!

• Please log in to reply
587 replies to this topic

KreadorFreeaxe

KreadorFreeaxe

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Im kinda worried where the codes at, have not seen any last 4 days and 18 days left and 22 codes =S

5 codes were found in stuff released on Mar 26. And several other days with multiple codes. A gap while people get caught up is not a bad marketing choice right now. I'm thinking there will be a lot of posts with a lot of links to stuff with codes starting in a couple days and running straight through the launch. They probably want promotion to peak in the last 2-3 days before the game comes out, as that will increase people's awareness at the optimum time.

• Achilles and omgFIREBALLS like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2878 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

"What if" indeed.

The world will implode probably.

• Achilles likes this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2604 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The marketing for this game all but halted once the codes were announced. Almost nothing from Josh on his Twitter or Tumblr, nothing from @WorldofEternity, nothing in the way of announced content coming up to celebrate the last two weeks of the game. It's not exactly troubling, but the silence is growing deafening. 

In the last three days I've started seeing PoE2 advertisements on youtube. So there's that.

Mitridathes

Mitridathes

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Pretty awesome job you people have done so far to gather all the available codes. Thanks alot for that :)

• Ethics Gradient likes this

Jayngo

Jayngo

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The marketing for this game all but halted once the codes were announced. Almost nothing from Josh on his Twitter or Tumblr, nothing from @WorldofEternity, nothing in the way of announced content coming up to celebrate the last two weeks of the game. It's not exactly troubling, but the silence is growing deafening. 

In the last three days I've started seeing PoE2 advertisements on youtube. So there's that.

I'm not a game developer, but I have released Wolf3d mods in the past and from just that LITTLE bit of "game development," I can tell you that they are FOR SURE swamped and SUPER busy with all things Deadfire as the deadline grows closer.

This isn't a huge dev with a major publisher backing them and their marketing team probably consists of a handful of individuals at most. In my eyes, they have done a solid job with marketing Deadfire, when all things are taken into account.

Worry not, the game will get a lot of praise when it releases and when it eventually releases for the consoles, word will spread even more.

bleedthefreak

bleedthefreak

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not a game developer, but I have released Wolf3d mods in the past and from just that LITTLE bit of "game development," I can tell you that they are FOR SURE swamped and SUPER busy with all things Deadfire as the deadline grows closer.

This isn't a huge dev with a major publisher backing them and their marketing team probably consists of a handful of individuals at most. In my eyes, they have done a solid job with marketing Deadfire, when all things are taken into account.

Worry not, the game will get a lot of praise when it releases and when it eventually releases for the consoles, word will spread even more.

Yeah, but marketing folks shouldn't be working on finalizing art assets, bug fixing/coding, AI logic, game balance, Q&A, or the like. What are they up to!? :)

Edited by bleedthefreak, Today, 05:45 AM.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2255 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yeah, but marketing folks shouldn't be working on finalizing art assets, bug fixing/coding, AI logic, game balance, Q&A, or the like. What are they up to!? :)
Keeping the powder dry. If you know that you can only generate peak hype for 5 days (to pull a number out of my ass), then you don’t pull the trigger on that 15 days before you launch.
  • omgFIREBALLS likes this

Jawsjam

Jawsjam

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

For whatever reason the continuity of code releases has halted, nothing to fear!

Personally, my hats off to Obsidian for the marketing, I think they've been top notch and managed the hype train very creatively. I initially was a little disgruntled that they were releasing spotlights for NPC companions as I'd like to be surprised as to whom im meeting rather than know beforehand but its no big deal.

To be honest, I would not consider Obsidian to be military in their discipline for marketing; its easy to benchmark  against the likes of corporates and big players like Blizzard Activision who are much bigger organisations and carry the same expectations. However, as mentioned above, there is a handful of individuals at most and I'm sure at this stage they're buzzing with things to do.

15 days to go!

57 user(s) are reading this topic

52 members, 4 guests, 1 anonymous users

Jibboom, Darkless, Liderian, MarkBrandis, achaddick, Homer Morisson, Ardek, Flynn, dark668, llltiagolll, Zdzichsiu, Shingen_Takeda, morgothm, FreekillB, pebelius, dot71, limpys, Niymeh, Eregar, attila, Makkre, hcesarcastro, Doremus, Cheshirecatgirl, Tophangys, shiloff, tsycho, Mandrick, littleredlupine, kilerita, Alexanderapo, Shapeshifter, Alot, bowler2u, gsvelto, Nahar, CarelessCroaker, Gorth12, RuneH, andrewswd, Btgz, GlassPhoenix, skrysz, Blorgon, Elijena, timobkg, thelee, Rect, Nowdie, Artrocks, opoiko, Bercon