(Brigandine) The Colored Coat Question

As far as I remember this one is foe only (like Overbearing Wave from Swaddling Sheet as well).

I used it in my latest solo game with a barb, which happened some time ago, so don't pin me down on this. ;)

What I wonder: is Torrent of Flame from the Cannoneer Belt foe only as well?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As far as I remember this one is foe only (like Overbearing Wave from Swaddling Sheet as well).

I used it in my latest solo game with a barb, which happened some time ago, so don't pin me down on this. ;)

What I wonder: is Torrent of Flame from the Cannoneer Belt foe only as well?

Cheers

What about crackling bolt for stormcaller? 

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Stormcaller

Hi, that's a Spellbind, so you basically get Crackling Bolt as an active ability. You can decide when you want to use it. Therefore all spell bindings function in the same way as their counterparts on the casters' side. 

Spell Defense, Spell Holding, Spell Chance, Spellstamina and stuff like that which automatically releases a spell once a certain condotion is met (you receive a crit or your endurance drops below a certain point for example) are dfferent: here you can't decide when the spell triggers directly. Therefore in this cases OBS changed (or should have changed) such AoE spells with friendly fire to foe-only (if it's a spell that has firendly fire in the first place). OBS did that so you don't accidentially kill/CC your own party in the midst of battle all of a sudden without being able to control it. Otherwise those items would be very bad - or two-sided at least. 

tl;dr: Crackling Bolt on Stormcaller has friendly fire and thus is NOT foe-only. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods