The Political Quinceañera Thread

Blarghagh

From Fox and Friends, heh

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/01/putins-game/546548/

Guys here is an excellent read around how the Russians interfered in the USA election

I am always surprised how our American friends dont seem concerned with this type of attempt to undermine the Democratic process in a country like the USA?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

27654471_1992995494061386_24818663229210

That's unrealistic, a maga chud wouldn't be talking to a girl, let alone have one in his home.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guys here is an excellent read around how the Russians interfered in the USA election

I am always surprised how our American friends dont seem concerned with this type of attempt to undermine the Democratic process in a country like the USA?

I'm not really concerned because when we all go in the voting booth there are no Russians in there with us. Yeah maybe they are spreading disinformation. But considering who are last three Presidents were and the four nominees who didn't get elected I'd say it was all just a choice of bad options. Not one of them would have been better than any other. And some maybe a good deal worse. So because of the Russians unflattering things end up in the news? OK, I figure most Americans aren't watching anyway. 

You know the problem with all those ugly e-mails and other info released to wikileaks? If the principles in the DNC and Hillary Clinton's campaign had conducted their business in a professional manner, like people do at their jobs every single day, there would not have been much to release.

I'd hazard a guess and say no one with any sense voted for either Clinton or Trump. They voted against the alternative. And until people figure out there are more than two options the race to the bottom will continue. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm not really concerned because when we all go in the voting booth there are no Russians in there with us. Yeah maybe they are spreading disinformation. But considering who are last three Presidents were and the four nominees who didn't get elected I'd say it was all just a choice of bad options. Not one of them would have been better than any other. And some maybe a good deal worse. So because of the Russians unflattering things end up in the news? OK, I figure most Americans aren't watching anyway. 

You know the problem with all those ugly e-mails and other info released to wikileaks? If the principles in the DNC and Hillary Clinton's campaign had conducted their business in a professional manner, like people do at their jobs every single day, there would not have been much to release.

I'd hazard a guess and say no one with any sense voted for either Clinton or Trump. They voted against the alternative. And until people figure out there are more than two options that voting is not the answer the race to the bottom will continue. 

Bottom was achieved quite awhile back. We're currently digging deeper and deeper into the darkness. To what end I'm not yet sure, but it's not looking good.

I'd hazard a guess and say no one with any sense voted for either Clinton or Trump. They voted against the alternative. And until people figure out there are more than two options that voting is not the answer the race to the bottom will continue. 

Bottom was achieved quite awhile back. We're currently digging deeper and deeper into the darkness. To what end I'm not yet sure, but it's not looking good.

There is no bottom to the pits of hell. It's why you never stop climbing, even when it's a red queens race.

Voting isn't the answer huh? Well Val, what do you suggest?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If we consider the Russians "hacking" the election by spreading misinformation, it's hard to get riled up about it simply because we was getting the same treatment from our very own media. And since we can't be up in arms about misinformation/manipulation from our very own media because of freedom of press/speech and since we want ALL people in our country to have the same benefits as citizens....then where do we get the right to criticize Russians for doing what we allow done to ourselves?

Are we up in arms about the EU with their actions against a Trump win? Nope because even though it's the same **** the Russians were doing, it's okay because they were going AGAINST Trump.

Solely blaming the Russians is ****ing bull****.

I'd hazard a guess and say no one with any sense voted for either Clinton or Trump. They voted against the alternative. And until people figure out there are more than two options the race to the bottom will continue. 

If we consider the Russians "hacking" the election by spreading misinformation, it's hard to get riled up about it simply because we was getting the same treatment from our very own media. And since we can't be up in arms about misinformation/manipulation from our very own media because of freedom of press/speech and since we want ALL people in our country to have the same benefits as citizens....then where do we get the right to criticize Russians for doing what we allow done to ourselves?

Are we up in arms about the EU with their actions against a Trump win? Nope because even though it's the same **** the Russians were doing, it's okay because they were going AGAINST Trump.

Solely blaming the Russians is ****ing bull****.

Fair enough, you guys ultimately need to be comfortable with this whole Russian attempt to interfere in the election

But  I also agree it has  become lackluster and a little banal as its not really that relevant to the Democratic loss 

:-

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The thing is yes Russians interfering in the election was horribad, BUT it loses it "edge" when it's shown as the SOLE interference when our own Media was blatantly manipulating the population and everyone's okay with that. ****ing the Russians, but **** our own media even more because they are us, our own people manipulating us. Then we got the EU also interfering by saying Trump isn't welcomed/evil/etc BEFORE he's even elected or even has a chance to **** up.

The Russians are just a piss drop in the bucket and is the MAIN target because of the old "cold war" villian we Americans are used to seeing them so that we have our outrage directed SOLELY at them and not the other mutha****** who were doing it EVEN more than they were.

It's like being SOLELY mad at someone u don't know for kicking you in the shin when u got people u do know repeatably punching u in the face at the same time. Like yeah screw that guy for kicking me in the shin but **** these guys who are still punching me in the face. But seeing them kick one of the guys whos punching us in the face in the balls (DNC emails) make them a lil okay, still screw them though.

Edited by redneckdevil

27654471_1992995494061386_24818663229210

That's unrealistic, a maga chud wouldn't be talking to a girl, let alone have one in his home.

He's a Trump supporter so that's most propably his wife. You confused him with Bernie supporter.

Rofl at both of you XD (and yes I was a Bernie supporter and I find that part funny too)

Oh that reminds me,  where has Sharp_one been?

Has he been active?

John Milton 

Trump & Adam Schiff are sniping at each other over Twitter. I think they should fight by the slides during recess.

You know, say what you will about George W Bush (and I was certainly not a fan) at least he was always cognizant of the dignity and role of the office.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Trump & Adam Schiff are sniping at each other over Twitter. I think they should fight by the slides during recess.

You know, say what you will about George W Bush (and I was certainly not a fan) at least he was always cognizant of the dignity and role of the office.

Shame he decided to surround himself with devils though.  Well relative devils, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't like him but Obama reminds me more of dignity of the office. Bush hands down though can take one on the chin and keep going. Trump definitely looks like a whiny lil bitch compared to them 2. Can't really say about Clinton since I was somewhat smart enough to pay attention more to video games and being a teenager than get involve in politics.