The Political Quinceañera Thread

Blarghagh

lol hurlshot.

Anyhow, in a bit of entertaining news, the bipartisan group of Senators that helped end the shutdown did a method with passing around a 'talking stick' and at one point one senator got a little overeager with it and tossed it towards another Senator, but the other person missed the catch and the stick hit a shelf in Susan Collins office (which they were using as a meeting place) and chipped a glass elephant statue she had. They switched to a ball. Nobody was hurt though (feelings or physically) and by all accounts had fun and laughed about the meeting. https://www.vox.com/2018/1/22/16921452/senators-talking-stick-shutdown https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/susan-collins-bipartisan-talks-congress-shutdown-talking-stick/index.html

In Trump investigation news, AG Sessions got interviewed by Mueller last week. It's going deep into the inner circle. Wonder when Mueller will interview the deep inner circle, that is, Trump's family.

Don't mind me. I'm just here to point out the EUSSR Supreme Soviet's latest push for online censorship (ironically, at the behest of their corporate fat cat paymasters).

Enjoy.

(edited to add a more up-to-date link) slowpoke.jpeg

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Don't mind me. I'm just here to point out the EUSSR Supreme Soviet's latest push for online censorship (ironically, at the behest of their corporate fat cat paymasters).

Enjoy.

(edited to add a more up-to-date link) slowpoke.jpeg

Stop blaming the market, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and pay the EU off yourself.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Journalists have criticized Trump’s attacks on the media, and warning that him lashing out against the press could lead to actual acts of violence against reporters."

By that logicl, everyone lashing out at Donald Trump  should stop because some psycho *cough* Rosie O'Donnell *cough* mighyt actually  commit violence against him. But, will they stop? of course not, because they will ustified because he is deemed 'evil'. just as he deems them 'evil'. that is what happens when you dehumanize the opposition.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Then the definition of 'double posting' has certainly lost much of its meaning.

At the rate society is losing its ability to intelligently communicate

speaking of intelligent communication, I fixed these for you, :)

I'll spare you the correction of your typo. ;)

Grammar Nazi SJW.

Replying to different posts in succession is not double posting.

That is still double posting.

Then the definition of 'double posting' has certainly lost much of it's meaning.

The definition of double posting has always been exactly what it says and what it was since usenet: to post twice in succession in the same thread. Nothing more and nothing less. That's a lot easier to do and more excusable in systems with no subthreading like most forums (especially if the built in quote function is, uh, erratic if you try and do just about anything with it) and less excusable in those which do have subthreading like usenet or its rough modern equivalent reddit- but it's still double posting if you do it.

No, Posting twice in succession in the same thread is absolutely not what 'double posting' means on a forum.

If you've actually thought that's what it's meant since the days of Usenet (which still exists btw), welcome to one of your long held misbeliefs. Some pre-Eternal September forum junkies are no doubt grunting or something in their proverbial graves right now. I'm here hoping what I'm now doing is more productive than farting underground.

I suggest you dig a little deeper as to what it means. There are two related definitions that do indeed go back to pre ES days, and they're out there to be found. A third definition, slightly less related to the first two, yet related somewhat to what you think it means, is usually the result of a mistake on the part of the poster. ;)

Honestly, you surprise me Z. You're one of the most astute people here. Rare is it for you to be so mistaken about something as simple as this.

​I'll spare you the correction of your typo. ;)

​witchwood thadbbey

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

In other news Arthur Wagner one of the leaders of the AfD ( Alternative for Germany) party has made news by converting to Islam. AfD is the group that said "Islam doesn’t belong in Germany. We see the ideology of multiculturalism as a serious threat to societal peace and cultural unity.” and Wagner himself accused Merkel of "mutating" the country by allowing in Muslim refugees. https://www.thelocal.de/20180124/leading-member-of-far-right-afd-in-brandenburg-converts-to-islam

I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In other news Arthur Wagner one of the leaders of the AfD ( Alternative for Germany) party has made news by converting to Islam. AfD is the group that said "Islam doesn’t belong in Germany. We see the ideology of multiculturalism as a serious threat to societal peace and cultural unity.” and Wagner himself accused Merkel of "mutating" the country by allowing in Muslim refugees. https://www.thelocal.de/20180124/leading-member-of-far-right-afd-in-brandenburg-converts-to-islam

That's not dissimilar from a neo-nazi or white supremacist converting to Judaism, right? heh. I know they're trying to disassociate from the neo-nazi stuff, but being far right wing and stuff, the analogy is certainly apt.

Edited by smjjames

In other news: Berlin rejoices as General Secretary Merkel seems to have come to terms with Comrade Schulz.

Whenever Berlin rejoice rest of Europe shivers :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Val is always a delight to have around.

didn't know hurl were into the s&m kinda kink.  is there a val-specific safety word o' which we is unaware?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the word "leader" is misleading. While he used to be affiliated with the State-Leadership of the AfD in Brandenburh (the state surrounding Berlin), he is now leading the AfD only within a small voting district in the same state. Regardlessly, this is, of course, highly amusing news.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

The safe word is Patronus.

Or was it patronize?

It's a 2 hour YouTube video.
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

the word "leader" is misleading. While he used to be affiliated with the State-Leadership of the AfD in Brandenburh (the state surrounding Berlin), he is now leading the AfD only within a small voting district in the same state. Regardlessly, this is, of course, highly amusing news.

Out of curiosity since you're there, are there any 'educated guesses' in Germany as to what his reasons are for the conversion? What I saw was 'personal reasons' with no elaboration.

In other news: Berlin rejoices as General Secretary Merkel seems to have come to terms with Comrade Schulz.

Whenever Berlin rejoice rest of Europe shivers :)

Ahahahaha! Dat comment!  :lol:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Out of curiosity since you're there, are there any 'educated guesses' in Germany as to what his reasons are for the conversion? What I saw was 'personal reasons' with no elaboration.
I only saw the same. Though the AfD did say something about freedom of religion, so maybe (if we get a bit conspiratorial) the AfD wants to show that they too can tolerate Muslims; in a fashion similar to how Breitbart uses Milo to claim their acceptance for homosexuality.

Seriously though, I have no idea

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

" In other news Arthur Wagner one of the leaders of the AfD ( Alternative for Germany) party has made news by converting to Islam. AfD is the group that said "Islam doesn’t belong in Germany. We see the ideology of multiculturalism as a serious threat to societal peace and cultural unity.” and Wagner himself accused Merkel of "mutating" the country by allowing in Muslim refugees. https://www.thelocal...nverts-to-islam I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :lol:"

someone named Wagner would hate jews more than muslims

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra