Eyeless ending conversation (px2_04_cv_abydon_finale) concerning Maneha is incorrect.

qEin

Question

The concerning part begins in the file

px2_04_cv_abydon_finale.conversation

located in Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\conversations\px2_04_eyeless_stronghold

with the node 161 where PC says:

""Memory remains a burden, even when the events and people it recalls are long gone. It's pain with no purpose."

Their response is in the node 166:

"Burdens strengthen the bearer. And they warn against repeated mistakes.

"Why would you discard them so hastily?"

Now we get a choice between several options one of them is in the node 168, this node checks if Maneha is in your party and if the quest entry is greater than 0. The quest end_state can be either
1 where she is according to endgame tiles "...Free from the burden of her memory.." or
2 "... Maneha had made peace with her memory..."
So basically the 2nd check only makes sure that you have finished the quest.

Then the node contains links to following nodes with no conditionals in that order:

262 - "Pleasing or no, that memory was a part of her. In surrendering it, she lost a part of herself."

172 - "Yet when she had the opportunity to surrender the memory of that act, she chose to keep it."

Now since there are no conditionals coupled to the link, it will always be the first one that gets chosen which was also the case in my play-through despite having her not erase the memory.

This ultimately results in the "n_abydon_argument_burden" string getting a +1 where it as far as i understood shouldn't.

It seemed very unlikely to me that such a mistake could go unnoticed for so long so I tried to make sure that it's a bug and not my misunderstanding of the story.

I hope i could help.

Regards
Edited by qEin

1 answer to this question

Hi my gud fellow weeb,

Just wanna say welcome to the forums!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...