The Movie Thread Returns

Amentep

Can't remember, I haven't read The Infinity Gauntlet story since 1991.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Lets be honest, James Franco has never played a bad act (even if the script is bad).

I doubt this cyberpunk thriller will be any different.

Lookin good!!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I was really surprised by the new Avengers. It was a really entertaining movie, miles better than the previous avengers. I would rate it up there with the first Iron Man, which makes it one of the best marvel movies.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Man, these hack frauds are nothing but Marvel shills. I wonder how much Mike gets from Disney. :p

I was really surprised by the new Avengers. It was a really entertaining movie, miles better than the previous avengers. I would rate it up there with the first Iron Man, which makes it one of the best marvel movies.

Pretty much. Although that might have more to do with me having no expectations whatsoever and thinking it will suck. I'd have to watch it again to see how much the pleasant surprise that it wasn't a clustercopulation affected my enjoyment. :)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Man, these hack frauds are nothing but Marvel shills. I wonder how much Mike gets from Disney. :p

Although you're probably joking, they really don't love Marvel movies for the most part it seems to me - and I say that as someone who does not care for or watch any Marvel movies (but still enjoy their Marvel reviews). There's a few exceptions, but usually they're just like, "yeah, it's competent and fun I guess, whatever", which sounds about right to me.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, I was joking, but people really lob such accusations at them. That's why they make fun of it in many reviews. Especially the DC ones. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I really enjoyed Infinity War, I've noticed a trend with my favorite Marvel films.

The Winter Solider
Civil War
Infinity War

Those Russo Brothers man... good stuff.

My family thought it was too heavy on the action, with not enough exposition. Normally I'd agree, but I saw it as the culmination of a bunch of personal developments across a variety of films.

I think this was dealing with the most profound subject matter out of all of the films as well.

Also, I haven't been so shocked by any ending in any medium of any sort in long time.

Went to Infinity War last night, wouldn't be my cup of tea normally, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some laugh out loud moments juxtaposed with some rather dark themes, but they blended well.

The fact that the ending isn't the end, it being part of a trilogy, annoyed me at first, but I enjoyed the movie and I'm not bothered if I see the other 2 parts really, not exactly waiting with baited breath.

Going to Quiet Place on Sunday.

Entebbe looks interesting, more my cup of tea really, but advance word is disappointing.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

It's part of a trilogy? Isn't it just two parts? Or is Captain Marvel being factored in?

edit: Looks like Captain Marvel is more the culmination of the Agents of Shield stuff against the Kree. Pretty sure Infinity War is just a two parter.

edit2: Actually CM takes place in the 1990s and Ant-Man two takes place before Infinity War. Interesting... I wasn't expecting that. I guess Infinity War is also over, there is no part 2. The next Avenger's is currently untitled to avoid plot spoilers of Infinity War. Very interesting...

Edited by injurai

It's part of a trilogy? Isn't it just two parts? Or is Captain Marvel being factored in?

edit: Looks like Captain Marvel is more the culmination of the Agents of Shield stuff against the Kree. Pretty sure Infinity War is just a two parter.

edit2: Actually CM takes place in the 1990s and Ant-Man two takes place before Infinity War. Interesting... I wasn't expecting that. I guess Infinity War is also over, there is no part 2. The next Avenger's is currently untitled to avoid plot spoilers of Infinity War. Very interesting...

Dunno mate, when I was a bit disappointed with the ending, my son said he thought it was part of a trilogy, don't know for certain to be honest :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Rented SW Last Jedi.

Maybe I was just in the right mood, but most of the humor bits struck the right chord with me and I chuckled a fair bit. It was silly stuff ofc, but still made me laugh. The red-haired evil fleet commander was more comical than menacing to me as well, I kept snorting in amusement every time he was on-screen - was that on purpose?

The plot stuff just felt like more recycling, although it worked better than in the movie before this one. Still, it's kind of like watching the (older, and maybe reboots too) Star Trek movies at this point, where it's always the same plotline, contrivances, threats. Instead of time-travel, "only ship in the quadrant," etc. you have the evil empire constantly just about to "stamp out those pesky Rebels", Force "balance," "there's good in him I know it!" "I failed as a teacher" and so on. So...yawn.  (edit - the side-filler journey to find the "codebreaker" was kinda awful, for many reasons)

But it was better executed than prequels or Force Awakens so more enjoyable as light entertainment. Too many characters tho, meaning not enough focus on what should be main interest leads. And I can't take it seriously anymore like when I was 9-14, so it's just this humorous space-fantasy yarn. And in that capacity, it was pretty much all right. Certainly beats those prequels by 100 miles anyway.

2nd Edit: ^ I should mention that while I enjoyed it on a light level, this did not prevent me from checking the 'net on my phone a few times while watching, however.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At 0:37/38, that’s definitely Karl Marx hanging there on the wall.

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Closed for length. See the new thread at a theater near you (if you're using your smartphone to browse the Obsidian forums before your movie starts, that is).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man