The Movie Thread Returns

Amentep

Annihilation on Netflix was very good!

Was surprised to see a Norwegian actress in it (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637259/?ref_=tt_cl_t9). Seen her in lots of Norwegian films and tv-series, a really good actor. Even more surprised to find out she was actually Swedish. Apparently she's just really good with dialects and languages. Does Danish films too.

• Like 1

Was surprised to see a Norwegian actress in it (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637259/?ref_=tt_cl_t9). Seen her in lots of Norwegian films and tv-series, a really good actor. Even more surprised to find out she was actually Swedish. Apparently she's just really good with dialects and languages. Does Danish films too.

It's already on Netflix? It's not even out of the theaters in the states.

It's already on Netflix? It's not even out of the theaters in the states.

It was distributed by Netflix internationally.  It only received theatrical distribution in the US, as far as I know.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The early reviews for Tomb Raider aren't exactly saying great things...

Looks like the general trend of game-to-movie adaptions is going strong.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wow, didn't realize that was Tuva. I had a bit of a crush on her during some of my teen years when she was doing "Skilda världar", a terrible swedish soap opera back in the 90s.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I too saw Annihilation on Netflix (based on Mike & Jay liking it) and I was left both impressed and a bit disappointed.

The disappointment was not from the actual movie but my own expectations. The film was great, having the potential to become a classic, it just wasn't nearly as thought provoking for me as I thought it would be based on the comments and reviews I've read and seen.

Anyway, very much recommended for fans of classics like 2001.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Livid (2011)

+ French Horror movie and this is Horror movie.

+ Ok actors.

+ Interesting.

+ Hard to guess how movie ends.

Neutral. Well a slight spoiler. This movie has supernatural things so if you want 100% realistic movie then please do not see this movie.

- Well not a super movie.

- A little bit odd movie.

- French I needed subtitles for sure.

My vote: 7/10 good movie.

Edited by Terminator

Otherlife... I loved it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, the "I clapped because I know Star Wars" syndrome? Oh dear...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So did Rogue One...:biggrin:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Interesting... the era of Netflix is upon us. Watch out Disney.

Heh, you picked the least threatened company out them all. Disney has a lot of beloved brands and its more focused towards licensing rather than production. Netflix would bend over backwards for exclusive rights to produce anything based on Disney licenses.

Edit: Well, looks like I spoke to soon

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2017/08/08/disney-to-end-distribution-agreement-with-netflix-as-it-prepares-own-streaming-service/#352c35742a98

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So, the "I clapped because I know Star Wars" syndrome? Oh dear...

As long as the work is self-conscious about it there's a chance for it to be good. One of the things I don't agree with Jay is on Kung Fury - he didn't like it, I found it hilarious (it is referenced in their Turbo Kid Half in the Bag episode I think). At the end Kung Fury is still the product of someone's love for 80ies action and sci-fi flicks and it has the Hoff, because of course it does.

That said I'm not going to either dismiss or watch anything based on an io9 review. :)

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I remember when the word "Nostalgia" used to be a thing to be celebrated. Now it makes stomachs turn for good reason.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well  in USA Florida Pyhton problem exist. I hope for the sake of Americans that none of them will grow to become adult human eaters.

I wanted to see a couple of Anaconda Horror movies.

Anaconda 1997

+ Original idea.

+ Good/ok actors.

+ Fairly realistic

+ Scary and has Horror.

+ Interesting Jungle environment and water environment.

+ ok effects.

- Choosing who survives and who might die not my choice did happen.

-It is good but not a super movie.

My Vote: 8/10 very good movie!

Anaconda 3 Offspring 2008

+ Well there is Action and a little bit silly Horror.

Neutral: Fairly ok actors it is not their fault story is crap etc.

- What ****ing SCIFI is this? This is not even barely realistic!

- Well so freaking silly that it lessens scare factor.

- B movie!

- B effects not good effects.

My Vote: 3/10 bad movie, but I did see through it with some effort.

Edited by Terminator

Leather face (2017)

+ Horror and Thriller.

+ Sadistic comedy I laughed.

+ Tell me tell me if a person is insane can that be interesting... however some insane people can be really dangerous!

+ Interesting America in the 50ies this movie events are based roughly around 1950+.

+ Beautiful women.

+ A little bit nudity and sex.

+ Sometimes it is so sick that I laugh.

+ Here little cute piggies eat:)

- Over top cruel. Seriously I would not want this to happen in real life.

My vote: 9/10 a classic to me!

I don't care this is 5/10 on IMDB. It charmed me with its 50ies atmosphere and insane hill billies but tell me mirror who is the most bad and nasty insane people of them? Horror/Thrilller on IMDB? I would rate this as Horror/Thriller/Sadistic comedy with also little bit erotic and nudity and raw sex elements.

Lol this movie was more fun to me then many silly so called pure comedies!

Edited by Terminator

Tomb Raider

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/

It was pretty good, it was based on TR 2013 and therefore an origin story, so she doesn't kick ass easily, this aspect was played quite well by Allcia, but I preferred the Angelina Jolie movies tbh. AJ was more accomplished in combat and there was more tongue in cheek humour on display.

Damo and Ivor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3109674/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Damo and Ivor is an Irish sitcom, expanded to a feature length movie.

I never really took to the show, my son chose it, so I was kinda pressganged into watching it. I don't think the Irish humour in it would "travel well" though. It's the story of twins, (played by one actor) separated at birth, one went to a poor family and the other to a wealthy family, as the series progresses, they are reunited. The movie is about them going on a road trip, in search of their long lost brother.

I quite enjoyed it, a comedy with heart, amateurish but well plotted, with a nice ending, reminiscent of Brendan O'Carroll.

Edited by Fiach

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!