The Movie Thread Returns

Amentep

Jumanji WTTJ.

Incredibly boring mash up of Breakfast Club and Indiana Jones....I could say more but the movie isn't worth it.

I feel like you may have gone in with too high expectations if it ended up anywhere like those two films, even a boring version. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting MST3K levels so I'm sure I'll be entertained when I do. :lol:

Jumanji WTTJ.

Incredibly boring mash up of Breakfast Club and Indiana Jones....I could say more but the movie isn't worth it.

I feel like you may have gone in with too high expectations if it ended up anywhere like those two films, even a boring version. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting MST3K levels so I'm sure I'll be entertained when I do. :lol:

Well, I went in looking for a comedy, I think Rock can be very funny in some movies, Ballers is a great indicator of his abilities imo. The mash up is basically, a jock, a nerd, a beaut and a weirdo get detention...(.BC). They start screwing around and wind up in the jungle searching for some ancient civilization maguffin.(IJ). They spend half an hour setting the jungle thing up, then the next hour chased by idiots.

I do hope you enjoy it alot more than I. :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Another horrible 80's inspired movie filled with puns, references and synth music:

It will be good to poke fun at :) Looks like Kung Fury but military themed.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yes, so visible that I interned in Amsterdam for six months and still managed to not know where it was.

Well so you are saying you are not into such things as nudity or at least not prostitution as customer? That is perfectly ok. My brother has 3 children (and beautiful wife) and knowing him I know he would not be interested in Red Light District Amsterdam. Everybody have their own interests. Intern? Ok it is also a budget thing. Of course getting a girlfriend for free can be cheaper depending on the girl or it can be more expensive. I will try Tinder as new customer and lets see how that goes... I also dream of beautiful wife that is 10+++ years younger. As for budget I would consider me uhm correct term would be Upper Middle Class (speaking of net wealth google Upper Middle Class Financial Samuraj).

As for age difference get this. Finland President that is 69 years old had a child with his 40 year old wife. The story goes that his ex wife died in an accident and he has children that are adults and he is also grandfather. Finland President is what I consider Upper Class a millionaire. I would not say his private life has made him less popular. In fact he won election and was again voted as President recently with crushing majority of votes none could seriously challenge him in the elections! He had crystal clear victory in the elections in fact elections became boring because he was to popular and nobody could challenge him.

Knock, Knock (2015)

+ Likeable main actors and the women are beautiful.

+ You dont know how it will end.

+ Thriller or Horror depending on your view. If you think how cruel it is and everything that happens I would say Horror.

+ Nudity you will see breasts etc. and I certainly pay attention to them.

+ Realistic.

- Well it is not a super movie and a bit simple story.

My vote: 7/10 good movie

Edited by Terminator
  • Like 1

Yes, so visible that I interned in Amsterdam for six months and still managed to not know where it was.

Knock, Knock (2015)

+ Thriller or Horror depending on your view. If you think how cruel it is and everything that happens I would say Horror.

+ Realistic.

Heartily recommend Knock Knock, you never know how it's going to play out.

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

What the hell? You get a like for that vaguely humiliating rant, my man. :lol:

I did not mean as rant... rarely we Middle Class people can brag about anything unless it is some talent like sports, music or whatever...

To be clear I respect you. I am on holiday and have seen these movies therefore lots of time to do that and normally I have only part time job+landlord.

The Maniac (2012)

+ Cool very rarely

+ Nude women

+ Horror slasher...

Neutral:

Same character that played in Lords of The Ring movies but I think he fits less good for this role though not bad either.

Neutral:

Insane in the membrain... one can ask themselves should they feel sorry for the end.

- nothing special

- repetitive

My vote: 5/10 average movie.

Please understand that I do respect insane people and I hope insane people get best treatment available. I did not mean to insult anyone with insane in the membrain no rather point out that I do recognize patterns when someone is really insane.

Edited by Terminator
  • Like 1

every post is like its own little unique trainwreck

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Knock, Knock (2015)

+ Realistic.

Heartily recommend Knock Knock, you never know how it's going to play out.

Unless, you know, you saw the original film Death Game (1977) that Knock, Knock is a remake of.  I think most of the film comes over similarly in the remake from the original from what I've read (haven't seen the remake so couldn't confirm) excepting the coda ending.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). I did not realize this was supposed to be for children...sort of. Had some fun stuff even so, but some of the writing was a little...simple. Christopher Lloyd's bits especially screamed "children's movie", which was rather unfortunate. Like I said, though, I still had some fun, and watched it all the way through. It's no Willow, thankfully.

Ghost in the Shell (1995). This movie suffered a lot from a poor (although not full on terrible) English dub...and an even worse Japanese dub that was even more distracting than the English. Neat-looking world/setting, some nice music, and I thought the action bits were decent, but the film really struggled to effectively convey its ideas, which is really a shame, because it was about something that I'm interested in and have personally spent time thinking about in regards to the future of AI and what exactly constitutes consciousness/awareness and intelligence and how will we ever know for sure whether a machine might be "alive" (in the sense of being a unique individual like us) or not and all that...so that was a bit of a shame. Oh well, it was still decent.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). I did not realize this was supposed to be for children...sort of. Had some fun stuff even so, but some of the writing was a little...simple. Christopher Lloyd's bits especially screamed "children's movie", which was rather unfortunate. Like I said, though, I still had some fun, and watched it all the way through. It's no Willow, thankfully.

What? This movie gave me nightmares as a kid! And I saw Nightmare on Elmstreet at the same age and I was fine! Judge Doom makes Freddy Krueger look like a pansy, and don't even mention those poor melting toons. :(

• Like 2

The children's movies with dark elements tend to be the ones that stick with you as a kid, so that's probably a good thing. Having terrible things happen to make the good things feel more real and deserved and such - that's just a part of movie-making, children's movie or not. That's actually something I don't really like about movies nominally marketed towards children these days - I think of scenes like in Disney's Pinocchio where kids were permanently and horrifically convulsing and turning into...donkeys, I think it was, and then being enslaved and sold. I watched that movie when I was like 3-4 and not again until nearly two decades later, and I had terrible memories of that sequence for years after I originally watched it (though more hazily recalled as the years went on - which is why I sat down to watch it again). Will kids viscerally remember the stuff they see today in 15-20 years like we used to?

But the criticism with the Christopher Lloyd character was not that it wasn't too dark, but rather that it seemed clearly written for children in its ultra simplistic and over the top way. He straight up murdered one of the toons in front of the police before he had even attempted to seize control...just to make it clear how over the top evil he was RIGHT as he was introduced. And also, for some reason, the police had no problem with that, even though the toon had done nothing wrong? Uh, okay. You didn't need to know anything else about the story past that point to know where it was going - he's the main villain, it's super obvious, we know it's going to end up with some type of showdown with him. Everything was so hammed up, too - he ironically felt like the most cartoonish character in the movie! Well, not so ironically, as it turned out... :p I guess I would've liked just a little more nuanced and subtle character...but that's why it's a children's movie.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Dark elements allow you to root the hero better.

Every child should see Jaws before going to the beach. How else will you appreciate the shark free waters if you don't know the villain was taken down?

• Like 1

@Hurlshot: I hope they watched the original trilogy before that, otherwise I imagine it might've been a little lacking in impact, given the movie.

Dark elements allow you to root the hero better.

Every child should see Jaws before going to the beach. How else will you appreciate the shark free waters if you don't know the villain was taken down?

Oh yeah, I actually just watched Jaws for the first time, too. It was solid. Yeah, probably would've had more impact if I had watched it as a kid. What a shame, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

1) I'm not sure why you'd think a Disney movie (even if it was via Touchstone) using their own plus WB and HB cartoon characters (and a number of others) would be anything other than a family film.  Sure they snuck some double entendre's in (booby trap?) but this was pure family entertainment.

2) Even without that, why would someone named Judge Doom NOT be the villain of the story?

3) The film establishes that Toons are treated differently (given the story is an allegory on race relations) and that Judge Doom has been given a free hand to "clean up" Toontown, hence why Doom has the authority to dip toons that don't comply without interference from other legal authorities - he is the legal authority in Toontown.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1. Can't answer that - I didn't know anything about the movie except that some famously hot cartoon character was in it (lol). For some reason, I just had the impression that it wasn't necessarily directed towards children, which it clearly was upon actually watching it.

2. Exactly the problem I had, :p.

3. Yep, I got that, but I didn't think he had a license to kill for no reason. He straight up murders the little shoe guy even though he hadn't done anything, and it seems like nobody even batted an eye at that.

Edited by Bartimaeus