Refunded my Deadfire pledge, here's why...

Jojobobo

(For instance, if someone attacked BioWare for making a buggy game and used FO:NV as an example of what a stable game should be, I'd call them on it even though that would mean criticizing Obsidian)

Look, it's painfully simple:

• Obsidian's latest patch introduced pink crap all over the place for Linux and Mac players (like me) on expansion content, which is far worse than anything I have seen in Skyrim, and it took them a fair time hotfix it out. It was a bug they introduced in the game in their patching process (not in 3.06, present in 3.07).
  • I last played Skyrim for 54 hours, and in half the time playing Pillars (27 hours) I encounter a serious bug that alters the state of play and lowers my highest possible might on a build designed to do high single hit damage.

Maybe Skyrim will also burn me similarly, and I'll stop playing that too, but currently it hasn't - and it also never has, despite Pillars having done so 5 times. If you look at the links in my OP, every single one of those are instances where I have posted in a particular thread reporting an issue. Most of these are issues I uncovered myself through trying to produce a creative and interesting character, which seems to be the worst situation to punish someone for.

People accuse me of mental gymnastics, but if someone could care to explain to me how ridiculous pink crap all over the place introduced in what was supposed to be Pillars' final patch is better than any of the immersion breaking bugs ever present in Skyrim, then I'm all ears. I've heard that Skyrim had backwards flying dragons introduced by a patch (but crucially, not their final patch which I'm talking about), Pillars introduced pink messes obscuring large areas of White March maps in their final patch. I guess not being able to physically see stuff on a local map isn't important, is it guys? It's not at all entirely game breaking if you wanted to even play a little of the White March content?

I don't know why I'm even trying to fight this anymore, because objective reasoning is stopping to make a single shred of difference anyway, but for posterity's sake in the unlikely event anyone ever chose to look at this thread again here is clear and objective reasoning laid out for all to see.

So if I'm reading it right, the "pink stuff" was introduced but has since been fixed?  It's no longer an issue for you?  So essentially you're upset about something that was eventually fixed anyways?  And you don't see why people see you being a bit unreasonable in your expectations?

As for the stability of Skyrim, you seem to be basing whether or not it's stable on your own experience, not the experience of the majority of other folks.  If that's the case, and we're judging a game's stability on our own experience and no one else's, then PoE is the most stable game I've ever played because I didn't run into a single issue when I played.  But I'm guessing your experience wasn't the same as mine (obviously), so I don't know why you're only basing Skyrim on your own experience of whether or not it was stable to play.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yep. On the internet, everything is wrong. Every comment ever, because there will always be someone who disagrees. Heck, even the peeps who truly agree with the one disagreeing will disagree with the disagreer anyway... this comment will be disagreed with as well, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So if I'm reading it right, the "pink stuff" was introduced but has since been fixed?  It's no longer an issue for you?  So essentially you're upset about something that was eventually fixed anyways?  And you don't see why people see you being a bit unreasonable in your expectations?

I'm not going to get rude about anything, but no.

I'll to flesh it out: (1) 3.07 released - pink stuff everywhere, game hotfixed after several weeks, (2) content they introduced in 3.07 bugged (another hotfix, after several weeks), (3) after the final hotfix - bearing in mind point the first 3.07 was described as "definitive" version in the first place - there's still gameplay altering bugs. 

They released with an issue, they fixed that issue, people complained about an issue, they fixed those issues, and there's still more and more issues, as there has always been for Pillars consistently. Issues on issues on issues, and issues Obsidian themselves have patched into play. The worst "this is final patch, srsly guys" example I've ever seen.

I think the playthrough in Skyrim that I had before my 54 hour one was about 90 hours or so - neither with gameplay altering bugs. That means in the time I played on Pillars and found a gameplay altering bug, I could have been playing 5 times as long on Skyrim without one. And besides, as I said above, no matter what game I would have picked people will have given me grief on it anyway.

I don't want to leave this thread on a gotcha, as in, "Gotcha, Jojobobo is an idiot, here are the reasons - and Jojobobo never responded so I'm right". I'm fine going for attrition if needs be, but if the details are going to be picked apart I'm not going to settle for misrepresentations of things I've already covered.

I've yet to see a single factual argument of Skyrim Special Edition is worse for X reasons compared to Pillars Definitive Edition, and weirdly I could make several myself if I wanted to play Devil's Advocate (you know, it's not like I know Skyrim or Pillars in detail or anything which is why I felt confident to make the argument in the first place). Instead all I hear is, "Skyrim is buggy, Bethesda suxx, Pillars is great, give Obsidian a break they're the scrappy underdog and deserve it."

• Like 1

Skyrim Special Edition was released 5 yrs after the game was originally released Nov 11 2011.

PoE1 came out March 26 2015, and the Definitive Ed was unleashed upon the world Nov 2017, Obsidian's team being a fraction of Bethesda's.

I reckon it's only fair to give Obsidian at least 2.5 yrs more, and then we can begin to compare the bugginess.

With the release of Deadfire, I'm sure PoE1, and especially the expansions content, will get a few more patches.

I've played Skyrim for like 170h over several years, and pretty bad bugs have been squashed, but new ones cropped up when I bought the expansions. 

Still, I just roll with the punches, and then usually start over...

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I don't want to leave this thread on a gotcha, as in, "Gotcha, Jojobobo is an idiot, here are the reasons - and Jojobobo never responded so I'm right". I'm fine going for attrition if needs be, but if the details are going to be picked apart I'm not going to settle for misrepresentations of things I've already covered.

I've yet to see a single factual argument of Skyrim Special Edition is worse for X reasons compared to Pillars Definitive Edition, and weirdly I could make several myself if I wanted to play Devil's Advocate (you know, it's not like I know Skyrim or Pillars in detail or anything which is why I felt confident to make the argument in the first place). Instead all I hear is, "Skyrim is buggy, Bethesda suxx, Pillars is great, give Obsidian a break they're the scrappy underdog and deserve it."

I think one of the issues you're having with responses to your OP is you seem to think people are out to prove you're an idiot or whatever.  In other words, you're taking any disagreement as personal, as though people are out to say, "told you so", when in fact, it's simply a disagreement with regards to some sort of standard you believe Obsidian hasn't reached that other RPG game companies have.

My issue isn't that you're displeased with the product or the end result or the process, but that you appeared to make it sound like PoE is somehow the exception in the video game world in terms of a game that suffers from issues ranging from minor annoyances to game-breaking bugs, where other games in its genre don't suffer from the same things.

I can give you examples of game breaking bugs I've come across not only in Skyrim, but in Fallout 4 (another Bethesda game).  But, you seem to focus on your own experiences with said games, so what will that do?  You haven't had an issue with Skyrim, so will you change your stance on the game if I tell you how I had to re-load a save from 2 hours prior  because my AI companion decided to crouch in a door way and wouldn't move, causing me to get stuck?  Would you suddenly change your mind about FO4 if I told you how TWO of my saves got corrupted and wouldn't load, causing me to lose about 15 hours of game play?  I don't think my experience is going to change how you view those games, so I'm not sure why you're waiting for people to "prove" Skyrim or FO4 or any other game is as buggy as PoE is for you.

In any case, to sum up for the final time: If PoE didn't meet your standards, then you have every right to no longer fund PoE 2.  You also have every right to criticize the issues you had with the game.  Just as I have every right to disagree with you, because in my experience PoE was MORE stable than any of Bethesda's recent games.  And that's what I did.  Disagree with you that PoE was any more buggy than some other games out there that you didn't decide to boycott.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In one way I'm luckily resilient as far as corrupt saves go. In CRPGs, I almost always let go of playthroughs of 10, 30 or even more hours into the game, just because I got tired of it, I forgot about it for a while, or I just stumbled on some bad bug, and then I feel like making another kind of character/party. I start out as a completionist, but soon become the master of near misses and good efforts, but not quites. And still, that's an aspect of gaming I enjoy so much that it has kept me going for decades. I was actually doing more or less the same thing with PnP gaming, regardless if I was a GM or not.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I think one of the issues you're having with responses to your OP is you seem to think people are out to prove you're an idiot or whatever.  In other words, you're taking any disagreement as personal, as though people are out to say, "told you so", when in fact, it's simply a disagreement with regards to some sort of standard you believe Obsidian hasn't reached that other RPG game companies have.

I would disagree, I'm taking the personal rude responses as personal, I'm taking responses such as yours as well intentioned (you also dodged the earlier point about the pink stuff, not calling you out just a comment that this argument is twisting to the points you are finding pertinent). I'm sure people are already questioning a lot of things about me (honesty, rationality, intellect) and I'm never going to be able to change people's minds. I don't expect RPGs not to be bugged, as because I mentioned I have allowed for loads of bugs in Pillars (and Skyrim, and other games) while somewhat happily continuing to play the game.

I can give you examples of game breaking bugs I've come across not only in Skyrim, but in Fallout 4 (another Bethesda game).  But, you seem to focus on your own experiences with said games, so what will that do?  You haven't had an issue with Skyrim, so will you change your stance on the game if I tell you how I had to re-load a save from 2 hours prior  because my AI companion decided to crouch in a door way and wouldn't move, causing me to get stuck?  Would you suddenly change your mind about FO4 if I told you how TWO of my saves got corrupted and wouldn't load, causing me to lose about 15 hours of game play?  I don't think my experience is going to change how you view those games, so I'm not sure why you're waiting for people to "prove" Skyrim or FO4 or any other game is as buggy as PoE is for you.

Two hours in Skyrim (not going to comment on FO4, I never mentioned it)? I would have needed to replay 27 hours to get my save back to what it was, as a player who expects to fully explore a game's mechanical systems and expects to be able to play a mechanically optimised character - i.e. expects a mechanically conversant game - as combat and gameplay is a thing in these RPGs right?

If it was two hours, I would be singing Obsidian's praises and be relishing their games. But 27 hours in my last playthrough to have a game compromised, and 100 hours cumulative where this has happened - nope.

I think I have different standards of gameplay to most people, as I don't mind wasting two hours of my time due to a random bug so long as the gameplay holds up. But I'm not happy to sink 27 hours into a single playthrough, 45 hours into another, and likely another 100 total just to find a game doesn't have the mechanistic rigour I expected it to. I think people like you expect the game to just play, even if it is poorly optimised, and so 2 hours is a big deal to you. Two hours is not a big deal to me at all on a game that has been mechanically optimised well, 27 hours is a goddamn joke.

In any case, to sum up for the final time: If PoE didn't meet your standards, then you have every right to no longer fund PoE 2.  You also have every right to criticize the issues you had with the game.  Just as I have every right to disagree with you, because in my experience PoE was MORE stable than any of Bethesda's recent games.  And that's what I did.  Disagree with you that PoE was any more buggy than some other games out there that you didn't decide to boycott.

You're infinitely correct that we have different opinions on what makes a problematic bug, and of course I can see your side. I think I expect more mechanical rigour in a game, and when a game promises complex mechanical systems and doesn't deliver on them, I take issue. Skyrim does have mechanistically more simplistic gameplay by a country mile, but its mechanisms work.

I could have done your "2 hours" wasted gameplay in my sleep, and this sounds like a putdown but it's really not as I would say we're very different players and expecting wholly different things.

Skyrim Special Edition was released 5 yrs after the game was originally released Nov 11 2011.

PoE1 came out March 26 2015, and the Definitive Ed was unleashed upon the world Nov 2017, Obsidian's team being a fraction of Bethesda's.

I reckon it's only fair to give Obsidian at least 2.5 yrs more, and then we can begin to compare the bugginess.

With the release of Deadfire, I'm sure PoE1, and especially the expansions content, will get a few more patches.

I've played Skyrim for like 170h over several years, and pretty bad bugs have been squashed, but new ones cropped up when I bought the expansions. 

Still, I just roll with the punches, and then usually start over...

Hey, if they fix every bug I've listed here big or small in a proper final patch, I would back their next effort at the $100 mark no questions asked. But as everyone has said, they have other things to focus on and aren't beholden to my whims. While I would love for them to adequately patch Pillars I fully expect them not too (as it is unreasonable), but their final patch was certainly not up to standard - as their patching process wasn't in general either.

• Like 1

Look, I just thought of a simple solution to Obsidian not wanting to appropriately tackle issues that can (in some people's minds) completely bork a save - have autosaves at the start of Deadfire's acts.

They introduced this in Pillars because too many people were wandering into the point of no return pit (IIRC), and if they had these sort of autosaves I would still be happily playing their games.

Of course, introducing these autosaves is in itself an admission that they can't produce nice mechanistically unbugged games for us all to enjoy - but as everyone seems to think that's a perfectly reasonable acceptable standard for RPGs in the first place - who cares?

Most RPGs don't have an act system, so this is a perfect failsafe for fans who do want to avoid bugs and are willing (as I would have been) to replay 8 hours or so (or one or two if you catch it early) replaying content to get to what you wanted. As I'm currently not participating anywhere apart from this personal purgatory, someone else would need to make this fine suggestion on the Deadfire forums.

There, I finally suggested a solution and not a problem that everyone (people saying I'm dishonest, attention seeking, dramatic, a Bethesda fanboy) can all agree on. Trivial failsafes for all, my apparent amateur dramatics gone forever, hoorah!

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

^For the record, the 2 hour inconvenience thing in Skyrim was the first example that immediately came to mind (because I remember it being so annoying that the companion would literally crouch EXACTLY in the doorway and wouldn't move an inch).  It wasn't the only issue I faced with Skyrim, nor the most serious.

I also mentioned FO4 because it was made by the same developer as Skyrim.  And since you're basing your opinion of how much confidence you have in Obsidian to do well with Deadfire because of a different game of theirs (PoE), I thought it was relevant to mention another buggy game from the same developer.

Oh my..

Oh dear....

Happy to see this post is being followed to a core. It gets better and better everyday :)

I'm reading this while I cook my weiner on the grill, getting a bit distracted because so entertaining, needa stop before I burn myself silly.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

^For the record, the 2 hour inconvenience thing in Skyrim was the first example that immediately came to mind (because I remember it being so annoying that the companion would literally crouch EXACTLY in the doorway and wouldn't move an inch).  It wasn't the only issue I faced with Skyrim, nor the most serious.

I also mentioned FO4 because it was made by the same developer as Skyrim.  And since you're basing your opinion of how much confidence you have in Obsidian to do well with Deadfire because of a different game of theirs (PoE), I thought it was relevant to mention another buggy game from the same developer.

Look, look, Anakin, none of that matters now. Who was right and who was wrong has all been blinded by my startling good suggestion:

Deadfire should optionally offer autosaves at the start of acts. Heck, why stop there, Deadfire should optionally offer autosaves every 5 hours (either as a full set, or as a rolling three like the current autosave system, and in addition to the current autosave system). This option is separate from Expert mode, however it's ruled out by Trial of Iron as those buggers are already in for a world of hurt and they of course hate save scumming (which isn't what this would be, it's an optional failsafe to protect from bugs).

I think we can all agree this is a very very good idea, and one of you should suggest it to the Deadfire forums tout suite.

Of course, this will cause a landslide, a cascade if you will, in the RPG industry. Once Obsidian invokes a this super sweet auto-save feature, people can point to the scrappy underdogs that are Obsidian as leaders of the pack in responding to player needs, and get this invoked on a gaming-wide level - so the RPG industry is changed irrevocably for the better.

Naturally, this will lead to me eventually being made the Patron Saint of RPGs in 200 years time. I mean I don't want to sound hyperbolic or bombastic, but I think that's really the only way I can see this whole scenario realistically concluding.

If the film the Saint starring Val Kilmer has taught me anything, it's that to become a saint you need to preform three miracles. These would be:

(1) Being made a saint despite never having been baptised.

(2) Having made a positive impact on the games' industry by lodging a complaint.

(3) My eye-wateringly sweet builds, posted on multiple forums for multiple games.

I would then be immortalised by gamers everywhere, with whispered prayers said to me every night before they go to sleep, as I rightfully should be.

There, how's that for a bit of mother-****ing theatre?

You got your money back, so please help me understand how you could possibly still be here if not for attention.

You’ve voiced your displeasure. Time to go away now?

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I think the game's fans (excluding the more level head ones) have really over-inflated what I did here. I got a refund on a (more or less) pre-order of a game as I was entitled to, and wrote an open criticism to Obsidian about why I was doing it. The criticism is full of factual objective points, though whether getting a refund on a pledge is appropriate to the criticism is open for debate. I even said, quite clearly, that is Obsidian's record with bugginess improves a great deal I'm certainly open (but not overly enthusiastic) about picking up more of their games in the future but I would only want to seed a project with some of my own money that I was confident wouldn't have the same calibre bugs in a Pillars 1, which I definitely can't be. I also haven't refunded Pillars 1, as some people seem to suggest I have done.

Sadly, this is the general forums mindset of any forums. To unjustify what is just in any nature. If I were to make such a thread, I'd reckon I'd realize that people would ask me "Why?" Or "What bugs were so bad exactly?" But then when I'd give an answer, I know that members would act like what I'm saying is irrelevant, invalid and so on. Like my earlier comment suggested, burds of a flock stick together and if you offend or strike one's nerve, they'll all come out of the closet. Creepy but true.

I'm potentially happy to pay for a proven product, I'm not happy for them to use my money in the development of something that has reasonable potential of being riddled with bugs - as if something like Deadfire is just as buggy as Pillars 1 I wouldn't be buying it.

It's your job as a member of the forums to let the public know what your experience with Obsidian and their games have been... Good or bad. I know everyone here realizes deep down that you have a point and were right to do what you did.

This is trying to make Obsidian a bit more accountable for a problem they let get out of hand, and it's a bit of a no-confidence vote on them developing a game with some of my money. Making it with other people's money and their own money I would never discourage. Using my money for development when with this last bug has spoiled a load of my free time (and opened my eyes to the prospect there's a good chance they're never going to live up to the standard I expected them to live up to, of having no permanent game-changing bugs) - no, I'm not going to do that.

And it will. I know that Obsidian sees this thread and I know that it will push them to be better, regardless of what anyone says, your thread is valid feedback and Obsidian won't take it lightly. This is the type of stuff that lights a fire (Deadfire) in their souls.

I realise no one asked me to back Deadfire, but with addition of bugs present in Pillars 1 that have revealed themselves since I first backed and the total bodge of the v3.07 at its first release, I feel like I backed Deadfire under false pretences. If that's not a good reason to want a refund and lodge a public complaint in hopes they change, I'm not too sure what is.

The thing is, nobody asked anyone here to back Deadfire. This means - You have just as much say as anyone else (like a moderator here told me long ago). So, I am putting aside the butterly bitterness inside me and saying: Yes, I realize that you may have had a different experience than me with the first game. Yes it's possible that you experienced different bugs, being on a different system. And yes, maybe you got lucky playing Skyrim, just as I did at launch with Pillars 1.

You're obviiusly not trolling or baiting because you did back it so I'll give a respectful and realistic and also, it seems like you know alot of the programming logitics behind the first game. It happens, I've seen people play Skyrim in continuous playthroughs without facing any type of bugs. Some people like myself, weren't so lucky. Oh well, I've played plenty of games which I experienced no bugs (even Arkham Knight, on which 90% of people did at launch). So the experience isn't non-believable. Speaking realistically, generalization and statistics are irrelevant if my experience was ultimately different than everyone else's.

At the end of the day, we are angry because we lost someone (namely YOU). We are sad and see you as a traitor now spinning a web of toxicity. Of course this isn't true but oh well, at the end of the day it's just a game and life goes on. I don't care to have you justify your reasons or thought process because like I said, who am I or anyone else to tell you how to game or what your pc likes. Simple answer, I can't. No matter how hard I try and that bugs the hell outta me :p

I encourage you to stay on the forums as a member and state your continued experiences and detailed bug analysis in the Pillars 1 section. You would be an insigtful help there to members and non-members alike.

My wall of text is a wall of text but crucial nonetheless, I write it on the capper just for public service. Enjoy! ;)

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

And with Deadfire coming out soon, their Q&A teams focus is heavily on Deadfire right now. If I'm running a company I would make sure the product we are about to ship is in as good condition as possible rather than fix some obscure things rarely anyone even notices on an older game.

You can always go back to patching Pillars 1, but if you **** up with Deadfire release it will hurt the company more.

• Like 3

Hate the living, love the dead.

You got your money back, so please help me understand how you could possibly still be here if not for attention.

You’ve voiced your displeasure. Time to go away now?

That's why, what's the point in me making this thread and having people like you abuse me over and over again just to bow out on your insistence. As you've been pretty vile and insulting to me throughout this entire thread towards me, I'm sure as hell not bowing out on your say so. I sincerely hope you talk to people a little better in the future, rather than throwing every insult under the sun at people when you disagree with them. But, you probably won't.

All that said, my suggestion of optional on-act/expansion start and every 5 hour autosaves neatly solves any of the issue I encountered - and it's precedented by the Sun-in-Shadows autosave introduced in Pillars 1 so it's presumably not a resource intensive change (at least the on-act autosave as a minimum). If that had been in place in Pillars 1, I would have wasted an hour of time, rather than 27 hours, so I strongly recommend someone here recommend this or Obsidian themselves straight implement it in the unlikely event any of this has been followed by the devs. Despite my levity played as extreme narcissism before, it really is something that should be implemented in all RPGs given their buggy nature.

As that's provided a nice solution to this issue, I'm fine laying it to rest, as arguing about bugginess is irrelevant if a solution has been proposed and has a reasonable chance of being implemented. That's all that needs to be said.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

All that said, my suggestion of optional on-act/expansion start and every 5 hour autosaves neatly solves any of the issue I encountered - and it's precedented by the Sun-in-Shadows autosave introduced in Pillars 1

I love this idea, and I really hope they make it a reality with the next PoE1, whenever it's coming. :)

• Like 2

With 120 comments, I think we can all agree...

This was a good thread.

Although I sense it's running near the end if it's course, I kinda don't want it to die.

Edit: I was right, as usual. Thread did come to an end. Called it :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Obsidian have a problem with bugs. It is a fact.

I read a lot of english and french forums. Casual / Hardcore gamers give their opinions.

Obsidian have a good reputation. Hardcore gamers respect them. ...but also famous for buggy games.

It is a fact, so I understand the position of jojobobo. It can annoy or scare you, after a while.

I think that Obsidian should think about a more effective strategy to avoid bugs, and especially the addition of new bugs with patches updates.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Why does Obsidian have a reputation for buggy games when their games are just as buggy as others? Because they have a reputation for buggy games.

Why did BioWare have a reputation for good writing when their writing was ****? Because they had a reputation for good writing.

Why does Bethesda have a reputation for being a good developer when their games barely adequate? Because they have a reputation for being a good developer.

Someone says it. Someone else repeats. And now it’s true. Please don’t trouble yourself by trying to determine if one’s reputation is earned.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I read a lot of english and french forums. Casual / Hardcore gamers give their opinions.

Obsidian have a good reputation. Hardcore gamers respect them. ...but also famous for buggy games.

It is a fact, so I understand the position of jojobobo. It can annoy or scare you, after a while.

I think that Obsidian should think about a more effective strategy to avoid bugs, and especially the addition of new bugs with patches updates.

To be fair, Obsidian was always known for bugs - even moreso than Bethesda. The thing that Obsidian was great for was their writing.

The more games I play, the more and more newer devs are popping up with just as good/clever story-writing. If we stay here on this forum, members will probably disagree with this. . If we go to a general rpg or story-writing forum, the members will definitely agree with this.

• Like 1

Problem is :

KOTOR 2 / KOTOR 1

Sorry but KOTOR 1 is far less buggy than KOTOR 2...

Neverwinter nights 2 / Neverwinter nights 1.

Same here.

I remember Pillars 1. After patch 3.0. A "famous" bug in Galawain's maw. = Not possible for me. All allies attack each others and everyone. Impossible to end the quest.

After more than 8 patches you can not propose that...

Tyranny. Patch 1.2 (AND 2 extensions !). I cannot end a side quest ! With a buggy woman seller at Lethian crossing etc ETC ETC^^

So much buggy, that they had to urgently propose a new patch 1.2.1... (el famoso patch of the patch = unending)

That why there is a reputation...

And a basic buyer laughs at the patches, he will judge the first version 1.0, the same for the critics.

I do not care, personnally I support Obsidian. But to go beyond the glass ceiling, you have to make an effort on the bugs...

It's not always the fault of others.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

To be fair, Obsidian was always known for bugs - even moreso than Bethesda. 

It's almost like you read my post but missed the message entirely :)

Yep. They sure are known for bugs.