how do you make your fighter take damage?

I believe you must deal more damage with the fighter if you want the enemies to sse your fighter as the larger threat. Then they will attack the fighter.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

tanking is tough in this game. you need at least 2 tanks imo. I send the fighter in when everyone else is invisible, then have your second tank pop out and pick up the mele stragglers. Then when the other 4 members go un invisible the archers ALWAYS demolish my squishies. so if you target the archers, it will tell you what character of yours they are aggroed to (the character they are aggroed to's hit box will blink when your mouse is pointed on the enemies hit box). 99% of the time all archers will pounce on one character. If this happens, while your tanks are taking all the mele fighters, run away with the archers target and line of sight the archers until they run close to your tank. Then proceed to demolish them all with AoE damage/debuffs. I usually start with blind and daze for the archers, but check their defenses, and act accordingly. That is the strat i start with in pretty much every fight. The only thing that makes me change it up is plague of insects, or enemies with a debilitation applied to their mele.

also popping potions for the first 2 tanks is very important because they will take A LOT of damage while your healer is invisible. every DR and deflection point will matter