PoE Godlike VS Deadfire Godlike

First off let me say i am 100% excited for the 4 news Godlike models. They are gorgeous. And the godlike portraits we got. (Those Nature godlikes!)

But... there is some inconsistency.

In PoE1 we had what i like to call human+ godlike. Kith with that extra bit more. Be it flame hair with a horn. Or cloudy hair with a crescent. Or a blue halo. Or some goat horns with doe ears. Or even some growth covering eyes. Weird. But all still human. Human Plus. Like the ORIGINAL Planetouched. Chimeras. Kith Mutants as you will. But still visibly Kith.

Come Deadfire they decide to change it up. To make em more distinct. More... Daemon like. Now i didn't say demon. I daid daemon. As in old greek. A power between humans and gods. They seem possessed of a shard of divinity. But not so much human anymore.

Which is all fine by me. They look amazeballs.

But if all human+ get converted to daemons... (pumped up as it were)

Then why is the 5th Godlike still a human+???

Palegina is just a chick with feathers in her hair and yellow eyes.

Coming with the bigger horns/bigger growth/total different skin/power glow eyes as new things ...

It doesn't fit. She's like Godlike Light.

Haha.

Talons. Or even wings would make her stand to bar with the others.

I like PoE1 godlikes

I like Deadfire godlikes

I like Pallegina

I like EVERYTHING about this game.

But that doesn't mean it fits.

:)

• Like 2

Who knows how feathery Pallegina is.

I wouldn't mind finding out  ;) 

In all seriousness though, I think that's a good point. The biggest noticeable difference is that godlike have very different skin, maybe Pallegina's body is covered mostly in feathers? We don't exactly have an avian godlike model to compare, but it would be interesting if the devs added that to Pallegina's character model in the game and it would certainly help to keep her in the same "daemon" category (as op described it) as the other godlike in Deadfire without really redesigning the character in any impactful way.

Oh my... Oh dear :3 Teehehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Isn't it supposed to be that some godlike look more different to other Kith than others? Like for some it might just be a small representation of being touched by a god and others it's more over the top? I just assume the pc is in the more noticeable difference category. Tho it would be nice to have more heads that look like the portraits, for example the female fire godlike heads mostly looked more demonish in the first pillars than the portraits did same with both the original moon godlike portraits. It would be nice to see other kinds of godlike in the game too, that feature where backers could design a character meant there were fire, moon, death and nature godlikes all over the place but Pellegina was the only one of her kind and there were non of any other kind. 

Personally, I look at Deadfire's models of godlikes how they should have originally looked. The original game wasn't that graphically amazing in terms of the 3D character models and I'm betting that Deadfire's models were closer to the original vision (I may be wrong).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

https://fig-images.imgix.net/https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_images%2Fimages%2F4fe0face9b598aaad8bfac2e3a3f8098c15f7793%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1485453055?ixlib=rails-2.1.4&w=960&fit=clip&auto=format%2Ccompress&h=540&s=8df39eb32c70e61e8593e52de6ce7dc1

We've only seen one model of each godlike in Deadfire, they look good IMO tho Death Godlike lacks the dark-drippy aura stuff it had in PoE1 tho not all 3 models had it so other variations could still represent the dark-drippy stuff :p

And Godlikes are not supposed to be consistently outlandish f.i. Death Godlikes were always supposed to look a lot weirder than the others. Even their outlandishness varies model to model among the same type of Godlike.

To be honest I never particularly liked godlikes in PoE, I love the setting but Eora is also a really grounded one and godlikes (as they were designed aesthetically) to me were dissonant with it. That said, with Pallegina there are "little" elements that suggests that she's different and weird to commoner's eyes, I think that's the best way for godlikes to be designed, grounded and less "fantasy".

Edited by Daled
  • Like 4