Next Stream or Update : Special "Feedback" ?

Was thinking that a future Update could be set around :

• Most of the Feedback you've received from the Community & how it is regarded by the Devs.

Like :

• "We've seen your concern about [X], here's what we think of your proposals".
  • About [Y], we think you're right, here's what we intend to do to adress it".
  • On [Z], we don't believe anything needs to be changed, here's why".

Just to share, where you're at, what is being regarded, Etc.

What are you thoughts on Community proposals, be it right or wrong.

I don't really know how difficult it would be to do this but, answering everyones concerns by hand on each individual Forum Threads,

seems unfeasible. Better off setting up a Stream or an Update & "globalize" All/Most of the informations you've gathered & what you can share.

Just my two-cents.

If I had to point most of the things being discussed :

• Pace of Combat / Spellcasting.
  • Difficulty. (PoTD seems to be the most discussed around various Threads)
  • Classes. (Paladins Order, Wizards, Shifter Subclass, Etc. What people wanna see changed)
  • Resolve vs Strengh/Might. (Devs State on this)
  • Anything Devs wanna brought on the table.

If it's possible to give us a sense of what is :

• A Priority at the moment.
  • B & C priority, as far as you can think about it.
Edited by DexGames
  • Like 7

Addressing some of the big points, like Resolve/Might, seems reasonable. I'm not really so fussed that there's some very direct, one-to-one correspndence between a fan proposal and dev action, though, only that they go into a wider pool of things they're looking at.

I'd like to see them take questions from the forum rather than from random people who logged into their stream and ask dumbass questions like 'are their going to be elves?' and the like.

They could have a post where people put well thought out queries and the Devs can then look them over ahead of time and answer the ones they like.

• Like 2

I'd like to see them take questions from the forum rather than from random people who logged into their stream and ask dumbass questions like 'are their going to be elves?' and the like.

They could have a post where people put well thought out queries and the Devs can then look them over ahead of time and answer the ones they like.

early scheduled streams had corresponding threads on this board with folks posting queries they wanted obsidian to address during twitch streams.  am not actual certain what were the obsidian standard for responding to such questions; "well thought out queries" is an elastic standard.  additional, recent twitch streams were announced mere hours before the actual event, so...

or the developers could turn back the clock/calendar a couple years and return to the reality in which developers actual respond to posts submitted on Obsidian forums. developer posts at something awful or reddit instead of replying to fans at obsidian's boards is only mildly insulting to the most dedicated fan segment who has been posting here for years.  

not every fan is a hardcore follower o' the pillars franchise.  is reasonable for the developers to respond to both casual and hardcore fans during twitch streams.  am not expecting twitch formats to change overmuch.  however, is equal reasonable to have obsidian developers respond to a few obsidian board questions by posting responses on the obsidian boards.  wacky solution?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

early scheduled streams had corresponding threads on this board with folks posting queries they wanted obsidian to address during twitch streams.  am not actual certain what were the obsidian standard for responding to such questions; "well thought out queries" is an elastic standard.  additional, recent twitch streams were announced mere hours before the actual event, so...

or the developers could turn back the clock/calendar a couple years and return to the reality in which developers actual respond to posts submitted on Obsidian forums. developer posts at something awful or reddit instead of replying to fans at obsidian's boards is only mildly insulting to the most dedicated fan segment who has been posting here for years.  

not every fan is a hardcore follower o' the pillars franchise.  is reasonable for the developers to respond to both casual and hardcore fans during twitch streams.  am not expecting twitch formats to change overmuch.  however, is equal reasonable to have obsidian developers respond to a few obsidian board questions by posting responses on the obsidian boards.  wacky solution?

HA! Good Fun!

I agree.

I've been spoiled by how the devs over at HareBrained Studios handle the feedback and interaction on Battletech. Commenting on forum posts, collecting questions prior to scheduled streaming events.

Hello DexGames, beautiful post.

If you could, I'd like an update exclusively on spellcasting and combat please!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

If it's possible to give us a sense of what is :

• A Priority at the moment.
  • B & C priority, as far as you can think about it.

Just updated the OP, with this.

Could give us a nice Insight, [*SkillCheck], on what's urgent & what's not for the Team.

If it's possible, as always.

I'd love to hear about their thoughts on in-game combat mechanics transparency and feedback, and even something on the overall complexity of these mechanics. Is there time to do something about it now, so close to release? (Well, spring, could mean early June.) All I really care about is that they are well and truly satisfied with the product they end up shipping, and that they take their time. Ideally, our eagerness to get our fat hands on Deadfire should play no role in their decision to freeze a particular iteration and say "This'll have to do".

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

When it comes to Obsidian & people around here, [On their Forums], I believe most of the Community here

have kind of a "Take Your Time" mentality behavior like you, [And I'm part of this mentality too].

Even if I can't wait to play the game, if they decide to delay the release window, I won't blame them but still support them.

I'd tend to believe Obsidian if they say It's for the best.

Edited by DexGames

As long as they can afford it, take the time. Of course, the sales metric has now become more complicated with early access..

I can't wait!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Aha! SOON in caps. It must be a secret abbreviation, telling us that they're just working on the resting system, then the game's finished:

Sleep Often Or Not.

Pretty sure 'soon' is in all caps because that's the rule when making memes. :)

I'm thinking it was irony.  :yes:

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Bloody pisses me off. I shouldn't have to pay Something Awful money so I can see Josh Sawyers words about Deadfire. I should be able to see those words here, on his the companies *official Deadfire forums*. At the very least they should copy and repaste that ****.

• Like 1