Admittedly nervous to attempt it, as I've always hated using consumables and whatnot in games, and I'll assume they're almost required in PotD? Tend to avoid them like the plague, a bad habit I know (been warming up to the per rest summon items at least!). Wanting to run things a bit differently this time around, more than likely go a full custom party. Anywhos!

MC- I found a love for the chanter, fiddling with him and having a great deal of fun. Plan to use the dragon slash later and maybe summon wurms and drakes later if I ever build up the chants. Save file is currently named "Dragon Diva" lol.

Barbarian- Golden Dragon build. Once I found the shield in game on my other file I knew I wanted it used lol. The build on the forum just seemed too cool to pass up.

Paladin- unsure here, but the aura buffs and lay on hands would be a nice addition.

Priest- ended up with something similar to the fire priest build flittin' around here actually. A fan of the classic dwarf cleric image from dnd...cept insert arquebus for funsies.

Last slot I'm unsure of. Possibly Cipher to use the stormbow. Perhaps druid for the backline emergency bulk or wizard for CC fun. Confuse and Slumber are always favorites.

Any opinions? Don't really mind knocking it down to hard if this party cant keep it up in PotD. Only real things set in stone are the MC using 1h style and the barbarian with the gold dragon setup.

Edited to reflect my latest post lol. For this run I'm just kind've messing around with ideas to have fun and see what works. I usually give backstories for characters I make and why they would be there anyways, might seem odd to some but its a good deal fun to RP.

Edited by Iejirisl

Just finished my PoTD run and I never cared to educate myself about what the most powerful and useful builds are. 

I was always changing my builds and party compositions according to what was in front of me. I had one hireling, played the game without any of the Marches' expansions and did very well across the board. I'd even go as far as to say that by devoting yourself solemnly to one party, each member having only one build, you are diminishing your experience by a ton. 

On the topic of consumables...well, yes. In some fights you will want somebody to do something particular and consumables help with just that. You have the pause button for a reason. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

If you have a party of at least 3, you don't need consumables on PotD, heck even solo you don't need them for every fight.

Paladin with high defenses, Cipher with mindweb + Chanter with Dragon slashed.

Mix with any other party members for  complete domination.

What Raven said. I basically never use consumables and had no problem beating PotD with the story companions. In the early game (Act I and the start of Act II) you might need to wait on doing fights that, on normal or hard, you would do straight away but otherwise PotD really isn't that hard once you get used to it.

Fair enough. I've actually dropped the monk/cipher idea myself and took up the chanter....tried it for funsies and fell in love with it. Honestly probably going to do a full customized party this run since I finished -everyone's- story on my last one. Feel I can afford to miss their dialogue a bit...that aside as for that slot to fill, I admit I never really looked at a druid. How are they on the CC front? At the moment I made a wizard backliner that can go battlemage if I happen to get bumrushed (looking at you, monks in WM)

Keep in mind customized parties lack 1 level towards the main char until max level compared to story companions who are almost at the same xp as your main.

Having a precious ability a lot earlier can be much more impactful than having customized stats.

(Ofc only custom parties allow for duplicate chars outside of the pc)