I tried a Fighter running with hatchets (+10 Def with no shield) and found it worked well (gave up on it because of the Confident Aim bug at the time, but got into WM Pt I and Act III while thriving on PotD Solo). I would go for that instead personally (all 3 unique hatchets are good, but particularly Captain's Viccolo's Anger which fatigues enemies to lower their accuracy essentially increasing your defence against them - but but, it's late game).

Naturally though, Drawn in Spring has Wounding, so it is very nice. Up to you really, Fighters are nice in a party whatever you do with them.

Edited by Jojobobo

Drawn in Spring is the best dps weapon with auto-attacks, so daggers for fighter is one of the best picks actually.

Only thing is that your Knockdown Full Attacks will do less damage because the damage per hit is lower with a common dagger.

Another dagger with a lot of dps (by the time you can get it) is the March Steel Dagger. Against high DR you want to use Vulnerable Attack though.

So... all in all it's not gimping you. The only annoying thing is: slash damage only.

When going for noble weapons I prefer Sword of Daenysis + March Steel Dagger and later Drawn in Spring.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Generic stilettos have an advantage over generic daggers: there are stilettos in the game that do slah damage instead of pierce damage. If you want to stay true to stilettos (and don't like sabres or clubs) but need a backup for pierce-immune foes, grab some stilettos from the Lagufaeth. Those do slash damage.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods