Animancy Ending Slide

During Animancy hearings, I was trying to protect animancy as well as I could. However, in the ending slides I got the neutral one.

I would like to have my save prepared for PoE2, thus i was trying to modify my save via save editor. Do you know, what globals I should change to get 'animancy is acquitted'?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you were bad at arguing for its benefits?

As far as i know, there are 3 endings for the animancers:

if you manage to convince him of its benefits (and even if you choose the neutral 'what would you do' option, so you don't get called out for being a hypocrite by the Faceless), the animancy gets acquitted, people start believing that the assassin was a Leaden Key agent and the Sanitarium gets rebuilt.

If you don't convince the duc, he remains neutral, the sanitarium doesn't get rebuilt, dyrwoodans do what they do best, purge a whole bunch of people, though some survive and practice their science without too many issues

Aaaand if you convince the duc that animancy is evil... Well... It sorta goes all Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the poor scientists, filling the sanitarium with dismembered torsos and bits and pieces of anyone who even thought of doing animancy.

So... Vaneglorious, i think you're a bit wrong about the end result not mattering at all.

if you manage to convince him of its benefits (and even if you choose the neutral 'what would you do' option, so you don't get called out for being a hypocrite by the Faceless), the animancy gets acquitted, people start believing that the assassin was a Leaden Key agent and the Sanitarium gets rebuilt.

If you don't convince the duc, he remains neutral, the sanitarium doesn't get rebuilt, dyrwoodans do what they do best, purge a whole bunch of people, though some survive and practice their science without too many issues

Aaaand if you convince the duc that animancy is evil... Well... It sorta goes all Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the poor scientists, filling the sanitarium with dismembered torsos and bits and pieces of anyone who even thought of doing animancy.

So... Vaneglorious, i think you're a bit wrong about the end result not mattering at all.

Where did you see this? So far all of my endings were the same - Thaos kills the Duc and all hell is broken loose.

edit: Checked wiki, it's only for the end slides apparently.

Edited by Vaneglorious

Where did you see this? So far all of my endings were the same - Thaos kills the Duc and all hell is broken loose.

edit: Checked wiki, it's only for the end slides apparently.

Ah, you meant the short-term consequences of your hearing and not the long-term ending of the game.

My mistake.

However, even in the short term, there is some difference, because if you manage to convince the Duc of Animancy's innocence, you can find one of the Dozen who saved a few animancers, saying that 'if the duc thought that animancers were innocent, so he does too' or something along those lines (which i'm pretty sure doesn't happen if the Duc makes a neutral/against decision)

• Like 1