Prone on Crit weapons working through Flame Shield

Jojobobo

Question

^ see topic. I was using the Hours of St. Rumbalt and the Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer, and when I scored a crit on the resulting Flame Shield I also knocked someone Prone. Not sure if this happens with other forms of Retaliation or not, but feels a but weird with Flame Shield as it is in no way tied to your weapon damage.

Flame_Shield_Crit.png

2 answers to this question

It also happens when Azureith's Stiletto triggers a Jolting Touch and you used Knockdown or Force of Anguish: all three enemies that get hit will also lay down.

There are other examples where CC effects seem to piggyback on an attack that hits multiple enemies if the attack roles are calculated at the same time (so, if the hit occurs at the same time). It also used to be like that with pulsing auras like Harbinger (from Redfield) or the fear Aura of Executioner's Hood or even Threatening Presence. If you timed it right you could prone everybody who also got hit by the aura at the same time.

Another example: If you use an arbalest with Pallegina and do Wrath of the Five Sun immediately followed by FoD with the arbalest (and get the timing right so that the balls and the arbalest hit the target at the same time) you will have 6 prone chances on crit - because somehow the overbearing effect of the arbalest gets transferred to the attack resolution of the burning balls as well.

I guess under the hood it's all the same problem.

Lots of it got patched (auras for example) but some of those remain. They don't occur too frequently so I guess it's just not worth it to patch.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Lots of it got patched (auras for example) but some of those remain. They don't occur too frequently so I guess it's just not worth it to patch.

It seems like its attached to any spell-binding to be honest, I've noticed it with Torrent of Flames too. I wouldn't say it's necessarily worth patching, but someone could probably make a build out of it if they so desired.