The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

There's too much sugar everywhere anyway. Heck, it's hard to buy any food that doesn't have a truckton of sugar added to it. One of my coworkers once did a no-sugar diet for three months because of health reasons, and it was kinda madness. There's really not a lot you can eat if you have to take in no sugar.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Kids in U.S. "hotspots" most vulnerable to vaccine-preventable disease, research finds.

Smh. Part of me want to say "Eh, Darwinism will weed out these dummies eventually" but then I consider that these poor kids have no control over it. Sadly, they will probably perpetuate the cycle of dumbness, if they don't die first.

• Like 1

LA Police investigate reports that Stan Lee is a victim of elder abuse

That's a little disturbing in its way...

Los Angeles police are investigating reports of elder abuse against Stan Lee that come amid a struggle over the life and fortune of the 95-year-old Marvel Comics mogul, court documents showed Wednesday.

The investigation was revealed in a restraining order granted against Keya Morgan, who in recent months has been acting as Lee’s business manager and personal adviser.

Morgan has inserted himself into the life of the Lee, according to the order. The filing accuses Morgan, 42, of taking advantage of Lee’s impaired hearing, vision and judgment, moving Lee from his longtime family home and preventing family and associates from contacting him.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sadly this story has been building for months. I'm finally glad that Lee might get some impartial help out of it as it seemed he was being bounced around some bad actors.

Allegedly, this final straw was when Morgan called the police on the police who went in with a social worker to talk to Lee because they gave orders to Lee's security (hired by Morgan) to keep Morgan out as they didn't want to have any outside influence on the interview. Morgan got the police there saying that armed robbers had locked everyone in the house out and was alone with Lee.

Then the next day when the security guards refused to sign an NDA, Morgan fired them. When they asked for their Final paycheck before they left, Morgan called the police and said armed men had threatened him and Lee.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have not had a very good experience with doctors here in the states. I saw three in the last year and every one of them has changed my meds in some way and that was really not helpful with all the stuff I have going on, especially school.

Free games updated 3/4/21

On the plus side, I've lost 20 lbs., on the down side I did it in two months. No that's not healthy. Yes I'm still overweight. No this isn't due to any decision I made. Yes it will probably continue for a few more months.

Here's to hoping for better times soon ahead.

All of my doctors are Indian.

Did you guys watch Take Your Pills on Netflix?

Would it be interesting for me as a European, or is it US centric?

It is pretty US-centric, but I think you still might find some interest in it.

• Like 1