The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

" sometimes the only person of colour,"

What is the % of the population in Kanada are black? I'm guessing it is rather low and I bet most of them at elivijng in the big cities like Toronto so.. isn't really shocking that  there wouldn't be many black people camping and what not.

I'm also going to out on a limb that natives do a lot of camping.

So, what kind of racist gobblegook is she spewing?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, today, I randomly stumbled upon the news that the lady from Keyrock’s avatar is apparently making a big move to WWE.

I wonder how he feels about this.

EDIT: I have my answers now. :brows:

Edited by Skazz

This guy charges $1k a day to teach people how to live "off the grid". That is NUTS! People lived "off the grid" for thousands of years before there even WAS a grid. And they wrote libraries full of books on how to do it! How the heck do you guys think I learned? I never lived on a farm before buying  the one I live on now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5798241/How-preppers-plan-survive-grid-event-nations-power-supply-fails.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This guy charges $1k a day to teach people how to live "off the grid". That is NUTS! People lived "off the grid" for thousands of years before there even WAS a grid. And they wrote libraries full of books on how to do it! How the heck do you guys think I learned? I never lived on a farm before buying  the one I live on now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5798241/How-preppers-plan-survive-grid-event-nations-power-supply-fails.html

Charging 1k a day is also nuts, seriously. And yeah, there is tons of materials out there to learn on your own, or just watch Bear Grillis.

Where are you from, GD? I keep reading about farms and coyotes and death zones, so I'd guess Australia?

He's in Tennessee. Never heard anything about death zones. Also, while the Australia answer is likely sarcasm, there aren't any coyotes in Australia.

• Like 1

Where are you from, GD? I keep reading about farms and coyotes and death zones, so I'd guess Australia?

He's in Tennessee. Never heard anything about death zones. Also, while the Australia answer is likely sarcasm, there aren't any coyotes in Australia.

:(

I want to backpedal and say it was on purpose, but... nah. I had a brain fart and mistook a coyote for a dingo. My bad.

In my defense, I come from a country where the most dangerous thing in the wild is a bald guy in a tracksuit.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

This guy charges $1k a day to teach people how to live "off the grid". That is NUTS! People lived "off the grid" for thousands of years before there even WAS a grid. And they wrote libraries full of books on how to do it! How the heck do you guys think I learned? I never lived on a farm before buying the one I live on now.

Ain't no one got time to read these days, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:lol:  Uh oh... death zones???? How did he find out about those?

If there was death zone here I'd probably have stumbled into it by now!

Like smjames said I live in western Tennessee. But a big bald guy in a track suit would be about the most dangerous thing in THESE woods too. The coyotes can be a pest but most of the time they are just kind of cool to look at and listen to. I did have to "manage the herd" so to speak a few years ago. They were becoming a little too brazen around me. Most of the time you hear them but never see them. They are no danger to me. My dog Sunny could handle one or two alone but more than that would be trouble. For the most part they stay clear of us. If they got in the livestock that would be trouble.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I passed a few dead snakes on my run today, so I suppose that could be called a death zone. Poor guys.

Copperhead on my porch last weekend.  Porch became a death zone.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A football player got thrown into jail and lost his job because his gun accidentally went off and he shot himself. This officer should  get 10x worse punishment.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I still remember Mythbusters looking into "dropped guns shooting" and how rare it actually was.

The things you have to do to a modern pistol to get it to go off just by dropping it was a fair bit, so you have to wonder how that guy treats his sidearm.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I still remember Mythbusters looking into "dropped guns shooting" and how rare it actually was.

The things you have to do to a modern pistol to get it to go off just by dropping it was a fair bit, so you have to wonder how that guy treats his sidearm.

It looks like he just reflexively grabs it without thinking how to grab it safely. Likely also implies that the safety was off on it.

A football player got thrown into jail and lost his job because his gun accidentally went off and he shot himself. This officer should  get 10x worse punishment.

I believe the jail sentence was because he was either not permitted to carry or the gun was unregistered. But I agree about the job situation. 

• Like 1

It looks like he just reflexively grabs it without thinking how to grab it safely. Likely also implies that the safety was off on it.

Yeah, it goes off when he grabs it and not when it hits the ground.

The Plaxico (or Lil Wayne) case is different in that NYC has some really strict gun laws where Denver does not. You don't even have to register firearms here and I don't believe we have any laws about carrying in a bar or club either. Of course, that's all moot because the FBI guy shot someone but possession alone is not a crime here unless you're a felon or otherwise restricted from gun ownership

Free games updated 3/4/21

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Examination of the 2000 year old bones of a crucified man in Italy suggest crucifixion is a bad way to go out: https://www.livescience.com/62727-jesus-roman-crucifixion-found.html

Thomas Sowell