The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

So, seeing how this is the topic for Everything Else, and I’m new to the forums, I have a honest (yet perhaps stupid) question:

Is it just me, or do the folks of this subforum interact very little with the rest of the boards?

For good reason. :p

I hear If you post too much in multiple forums they make you a mod... :shifty:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, seeing how this is the topic for Everything Else, and I’m new to the forums, I have a honest (yet perhaps stupid) question:

Is it just me, or do the folks of this subforum interact very little with the rest of the boards?

My path to power and the Executive washroom lays open before me!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hahaha!  ;)  

I registered here during Kotor2. I post mostly here or in C&C these days. This is mostly an occasional social board for me now, not a place for talking shop of a specific game. I don't play many games these days and haven't played an Obsidian game since the first PoE kickstarter/release etc.

Also....dang, imagine one little mis-timing.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It seems Louis Farrakan is calling for an "end" to white males. http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/27/louis-farrakhan-end-white-men/

So... what'cha got in mind there Lou? Death Camps? Firing Squads? Burning at the stake? You might be able to round up all those gun control loving Democrats easily enough. Unless they are hypocrites they probably don't have the means to resist. But I think you'll find the Libertarians and most of the Republicans to be a much tougher nut to crack.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Farrakhan went on to claim that white men had squandered the time God gave them to rule, alleging that they had chosen not to rule with righteousness, truth, justice, or fairness.

Farrakhan’s message included a list of traits that he believed were “in the white man’s nature” — namely murder and dishonesty — and he added that while white people were slaves to their natures, what black people do “is by learning from your master.”

This is cure considering where the 'white man' bought their slaves. And, we see how his fellow blacks treat their fellows both in the US and in Afrika. Not a pretty sign. Hatred, murder, and dishonesty is not a racial trait for any race. It inflicts all.

But, hey, racists don't care about logic. That is why they are racist. And, they all feel justified in their racism.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It seems Louis Farrakan is calling for an "end" to white males. http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/27/louis-farrakhan-end-white-men/

So... what'cha got in mind there Lou? Death Camps? Firing Squads? Burning at the stake? You might be able to round up all those gun control loving Democrats easily enough. Unless they are hypocrites they probably don't have the means to resist. But I think you'll find the Libertarians and most of the Republicans to be a much tougher nut to crack.

Well, they can resist in other ways. And in any case, why would they be hypocrites barring examples where they want no guns at all. 

Regardless, reporting about Farrakan is really on the same level as "Some idiot said something online", has been for quite some time, as well.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey cut me some slack here. It's a slow news day.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

PF_05.29.18_religion.western.europe-01-0

Thought it was pretty interesting that Norway and Sweden, who are so alike in many ways, have such a different view here. Too bad the study is only for Western-European countries.

Pretty interesting survey overall, mostly about religiosity in Western-Europe: http://www.pewforum.org/2018/05/29/nationalism-immigration-and-minorities/

Edited by Thingolfin

PF_05.29.18_religion.western.europe-01-0

Thought it was pretty interesting that Norway and Sweden, who are so alike in many ways, have such a different view here. Too bad the study is only for Western-European countries.

Pretty interesting survey overall, mostly about religiosity in Western-Europe: http://www.pewforum.org/2018/05/29/nationalism-immigration-and-minorities/

Why did they ask that kind of question in the first place? I kind of thought France would be higher in that though, given how they are with French language.

Americans really like Mary Poppins

"When your state struggles with made up words instead of real ones."

What makes a word 'real' and what makes a word 'fake'?

Last I checked all words are made up.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey, it's spelled g r e y !!! :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein