The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

This amused me greatly XD
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I thought these were some pretty fun "Bizarre Magic" performances.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^ this is kinda cringe, imo. :>

/edit: Ok, it got some better after a while. The beginning is still kinda lel though. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Trump to meet with game industry Thursday over gun violence

This is what I like to term a "Circus Level Event", or CLE (pronounced "silly"). :p

Trump will find out that trying to take away guns outta video games is gonna be as bad if not worse than trying to take away guns from Americans.

Actually that would help explain the mindset to non-Americans and Americans our pro-gun culture.

You know, has it even been found out that the Florida shooter played those kinds of games? I don't recall seeing any mention of it.

I get what's meant by changing the culture, but those kinds of games are played worldwide, so, if there really was a corresponding spike in violence due to video game use, then we should be seeing that everywhere, but that isn't happening.

Looks like the album cover of a rap album.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sounds like a bad idea, judging by how much my wife yelled at me after getting her killed in Shovel Knight yesterday.

Sounds like a bad idea, judging by how much my wife yelled at me after getting her killed in Shovel Knight yesterday.

Depends on the game maybe? Probably not a great idea for a first date unless the two already know each other well or you know they have the same interests.

Only for EVE players. But meeting people through hobbies isn't anything new

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOtPXDyKjA&

Now, Blade might have popularised it for the live-action superhero movies to follow... But can anybody actually think where the classic three-point landing was first done / shown off?

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For those who don't read it, the Babylon Bee is a site/publication much like the Onion. Satire and humor with news stories that are made up but plausible. 

I thought this one was worth a chuckle: http://babylonbee.com/news/harvard-now-offering-four-year-degree-in-feeling-oppressed/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I can sum that article up in five words: The government f----d it up.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Switzerland maybe but then they have Obamacare on steroids

I don't think there are many countries with only/majority private healthcare. Not ones you'd want to live in anyways but there could be some I've never heard about

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm for existential private health care, I also think it's important to have state coverage. The state should be able to participate in the market economy as well, the idea that it shouldn't is absurd and anti-capitalist. Ironic how many pro-market people are actually just pro-protectionism.

Edited by injurai

Fox is quick on the uptake :lol:, referencing a 2 year old blog post and this same person was brought up against her in 2012.

Is the genealogist incorrect? I guess we'll never know. :shrugz:

Doesn't seem like a crank, even if her open letter was full of FOAF sounding BS.