The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Would be have been funnier if the patient had a real gun on him

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

These the same 'independent women' who demand half 9or more) of their ex husband's assets? L0L  Shame on them and the new age husbands who do the same thing.

Marriage = everything shared Divorce = splitting of EVERYTHING

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

how wasteful and addicted one has to be for this? If you can't even take a shower without your phone...

...Unless you're a camwhore, then it might be useful, I guess.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Philando Castile charity wipes lunch debt for schools in the district where he worked

That's how Philando Castile, who was killed by a police officer during a 2016 traffic stop, used to help kids who couldn't afford lunch. The school nutrition supervisor would dip into his pocket and pay the bill.

Now a charity run in his name has multiplied his mission by thousands, wiping out the lunch debt of every student at all 56 schools in Minnesota's St. Paul Public Schools, where Castile worked.

"That means that no parent of the 37,000 kids who eat meals at school need worry about how to pay that overdue debt," according to a post at the YouCaring fundraising page Philando Feeds the Children. "Philando is STILL reaching into his pocket, and helping a kid out. One by one."

Pam Fergus, the Metro State University educator who runs the fund with her students, dropped off a check for about $35,000 this week at the school district's office, she told CNN.
The money will clear every cent families owe for school lunches. That's important because until the debt is paid, students' caregivers cannot submit paperwork to request free to reduced-price lunches, based on need, Fergus said.
"They just keep accruing the debt, every day getting (further and further) into debt," she said, adding that some families owed as much as $1,000.
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

28276853_2092115051019927_45337184212139

These the same 'independent women' who demand half 9or more) of their ex husband's assets? L0L  Shame on them and the new age husbands who do the same thing.

Marriage = everything shared Divorce = splitting of EVERYTHING

There's also an assumption inherent in the comments that divorce is only ever instigated by the wife in a marriage who is leaving an abusive relationship with a husband who is "awful people".

Its a reductive argument to the point of pointlessness.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been noticing that people are reacting to me differently now that I am in much better shape than I was a few years ago. It seems that I may be less approachable. I don't believe my demeanor has changed, or if it has, I'd say it has changed for the better as I feel more positive and energetic. However I've noticed my typical smile and greetings are not returned in the same manner as they used to be.

I mentioned this to my wife and she put out an interesting theory. Men who are a bit overweight are more approachable and considered friendlier (jolly?) and more intelligent. Fit men are seen as gym rats and muscleheads.

It is reversed for women. An overweight woman is seen as lazy and not intelligent, while a fit woman receives much more positive attention, particularly from males.

At least, that this her theory. But I am finding it to be true. Ah well, I will console myself by staring at my abs in the mirror. :p

how wasteful and addicted one has to be for this? If you can't even take a shower without your phone...

...Unless you're a camwhore, then it might be useful, I guess.

have been doing navy showers since we were a sprout.  a long hot shower, particular during winter months, were a costly extravagance for us as a child.  even now, no hollywood showers save when on vacation or business trips... and perhaps when enjoying lady company.  

am admitting we do enjoy long showers, even if we do so infrequent.  'course, turn a long and relaxing shower indulgence into more work or internet time strikes us as quirky and counterintuitive at best.  then again, am equal puzzled by folks who put widescreen tv in their bathroom.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"The basic idea is to hop in the shower, get wet all over, turn off the water while soaping up, and then rinse clean."

We were always doing this since I can remember (well, personally I'm not doing that anymore for years now...), but nobody ever called it "Navy Shower" or something like that.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"Navy showers" have a hose with a nozzle that requires you to be pushing a button for water to discharge, kinda like a garden hose sprayer. With the sinks you press the plunger and the water runs for some predetermined time before shutting itself off. Toilets are salt water so they don't care about the usage of that.

Weird someone would take 20 minutes to shower. The hell are they doing in there? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Weird someone would take 20 minutes to shower. The hell are they doing in there? :p

My wife and daughter will tell you they are dealing with all of their hair.

women is odd 'bout hair.  our hair were long 'til we near got our neck broken in high school when we were tackled by hair playing football.  cut hair short the next day and have never gotten anywhere near true long since then.  even so, long hair does require an extra minute (or two if is extreme long as were Gromnir's) but don't buy the double-x chromosome nonsense 'bout shower time.  our hair were middle-of-back long and we were working construction, doing ranch jobs, or playing sports so as to be dealing with maximum filth hair cleaning.  long hair added a mere two minute max (which %wise were a significant increase) to our total shower times.

have been told by women how shaving legs ('n stuff) requires considerable time as well, but is no excuse for having the water running the entire time during such.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nothing new to most I guess, but was decently put together.

women is odd 'bout hair.  our hair were long 'til we near got our neck broken in high school when we were tackled by hair playing football.  cut hair short the next day and have never gotten anywhere near true long since then.  even so, long hair does require an extra minute (or two if is extreme long as were Gromnir's) but don't buy the double-x chromosome nonsense 'bout shower time.  our hair were middle-of-back long and we were working construction, doing ranch jobs, or playing sports so as to be dealing with maximum filth hair cleaning.  long hair added a mere two minute max (which %wise were a significant increase) to our total shower times.

have been told by women how shaving legs ('n stuff) requires considerable time as well, but is no excuse for having the water running the entire time during such.

HA! Good Fun!

I would say that this is depends on what hair you have though, and what showerhead and water pressure you have. It takes me about 10 minutes to do a shower (Not counting the 5 minutes I need to wait for applying medicine) because getting the shampoo out of my hair is a nightmare, and then conditioner (when I cba).

If I visit my friends place this is taken down to something like 7 minutes because the showerhead and waterpressure is really good.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken