The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Welcome to the next installment of stuff you find weird, random or interesting and wanted to share.

I got nothing, so checking my Facebook feed I found equal oppertunity robot boning: Unstoppable Bionic Penises

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/08/male-sex-robots-unstoppable-bionic-penises-coming-year-7213306/

Previous posts:

am gonna add one thing by noting how exclusion ain't so much protection o' innocence or future innocence. rules 'which set guilty free when govt violates rules ain't so much 'bout protecting the innocent as is 'bout protecting rights of everybody, innocent or guilty. is the kinda thing which should make gd happy 'cause makes rights more important than justice or even people. we go to great the lengths in this country to protect intangible ideals from government interference, even to the point we is protecting wrongdoers, evildoers, from the State.

HA! Good Fun!

Exactly correct. There are far too many examples of heavy handed abuse of the citizens by the US government. Frankly I am surprised this whole thing ended as peacefully as it did. It's hardly unheard of for Federal law enforcement is to shoot the suspects and all the witnesses. I

Geekscape Podcast - Recruiting a new co-host, Casper van Dien

Casper talks about working on the Sci-Fi classic ‘Starship Troopers’ and working with directing geniuses like Tim Burton and Paul Verhoeven! We also talk a bit about his own directing work and how he approaches it as an actor! And of course I’ve got to mention Casper’s appearances in two of my favorites: ‘Beast Master III’ and ‘Wing Commander IV’! The man has a ton of awesome sci-fi stories so sit back and enjoy!

I did find a little amusement in the "Okay, so WIng Commander IV. I took a job just to get Mark Hamill's autograph." aspect.

I had no idea he was in 4.

• Like 18

Meanwhile in Russia:

Very related;

My Polish coworker has been blasting this over the two-way at work all day. :p

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"And I looked, and behold a pink flamingo. And his name that sat on him was Death"

"Just lovin life. lol. Nah, jokes. Lookin to reap some peeps this summer. If ur gonna make dumb decisions in the water, I’ll be waiting. Holla! "

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I doubt anyone thought that in 98 :p

We still told people not to drink turpentine in 1998.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder if false alerts are somewhat common and are only now being reported on due to the political climate, or of there is something else going on. Is their system designed in tandem with the US or are they being set off by seismic activity, or is there really some sort of activity coming out of NK that is being tracked.

It's all very odd.

In both cases though, it was the civillian alert system screwing up, not the military/government screwing up. That article doesn't say why, but the NYT article does: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/world/asia/japan-hawaii-alert.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fworld&action=click&contentCollection=world&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront Like Hawaii, that case was someone 'accidentially operated the equipment', or in other words, 'pressed the wrong button'.

Stuff like military screwups or near-misses that you hear happened in the Cold War don't usually get revealed until years or decades later.

Isn't that the same guy who tried to do the independence stuff last year? He's been doing it since 2014. Also, it's a pretty obvious splitting of more rural/Republican areas from Democrat areas.

If we had to split the state, I'd rather it be decided among voters rather than one guy saying this is how we should split the state, no ifs, ands, or buts.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell