RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

Some gamer - "After the Battlefront 2 loot box debace, I don't know how any game company can become more hated than EA."

Konami - "Hold my beer."

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Public hearing in Hawaii concerning loot boxes with ESA lobbyist present.

You can skip to 2:30, if you want skip stuff not directly connected to the loot boxes.

I laughed hard when Chris Lee poked the guys with poker face "Pride and accomplishment" punch and have seen one of the guys interviewed failing to not laugh during that hearing :D

I like him, the cynic in me says that he's just grabbing for his 15 min of fame but also that he is playing the game masterfully. I can't fault him for taking advantage of a good situation.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Some gamer - "After the Battlefront 2 loot box debace, I don't know how any game company can become more hated than EA."

Konami - "Hold my beer."

But wait there's more!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Turok 1 & 2 remasters coming to Xbox One: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/turok-and-turok-2-remasters-coming-to-xbox-one/1100-6456985/

...and here's some new Shenmue 3 screenshots: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-26-new-shenmue-3-screenshots-show-more-dead-eyed-faces

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

What is Square Enix's obsession with porting phone versions of old games to PC?

Chrono Trigger is out on Steam today. And there's some complaints.

https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/968532390934188034

I don't mind the filter on scenes, FFVI's was worse. But the UI is a complete joke and the overworld is disgusting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

IIRC Ayla's dino tail ability was set so damage was increased as Ayla's HP decreased.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is where the one lonely guy in the back of the room yells out "Don't worry, someone will make a mod to fix that!"

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I bought the PSone versions of Chrono Trigger and FFVI from the PSN. I heard some complaints about those versions as well but at least they are closer to the original games. Still haven't played any of them though.

EDIT:

Why not!

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I don't know if all of you guys are following the backer updates on Deadfire - but the latest one deserves a share I think .. it's a little weird! :D

Sawyer looks strange without the beard, now.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Obviously a Beaker and Kermit parody, of course.

The very end bit was cool.

The ship navigation is very reminiscent of King's Bounty, as is the Deck combat—somewhat; though I don't see how to present any differently than KB did, and still have it do the job as well. 

Edited by Gizmo

Their website has become crap, compared to how it used to be.

It's bizarre. It's them, but under new management... and minus George Broussard. They say the real name of the company is still Apogee Software... except there is another Apogee company that licensed the Apogee logo... and it's not related to them.

Edited by Gizmo

Yep but the only thing bad there is that Valve actually started charging people money for mods, things like Counter-Strike, Portal and Team Fortress were free but when they saw popularity arouse, they sought fit to make a profit cuz why not? Thus, prophetically starting the paid-mod practice in essense and retrospective - not that many people would actually realise this or want to admit it even.

Portal wasn't a mod, the gameplay prototype wasn't Portal. Valve pumped a lot of money into CS, TF, and DoD, they wouldn't have been successful without Valve. Also many mod developers turned their own mods into pay for stand alone titles. Why shouldn't they charge for their work, why should people get mods for free? You should just be grateful that some modders are willing to work for free.

Paid mods aren't bad, and platforms taking a cut isn't bad, many mod hosts charge or get ad revenue. The problem was that Bethesda, who rely on modders to make their games good because they have a talent deficit, wanted to take a cut for something that enhances their product, they wanted to take away money from modders who they benefit from.

• Like 4