RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

Is that video translated correctly? He said you have one of two possible downloads, one of 100 GB and the other 155 GB. The heck. Does Square Enix not know how to compress file size?

No one knows the actual download size. He's using the stated install size/requirement as a the reference. 100GB - non-4k install, 155GB - 4k install. Although I'd suspect the download itself will still be over 70-80GB. And no, they're not good with optimizing this game in general. The way they load the world is the dumbest thing ever, but nevermind.

The console version so far is around 90 GB installed. (all updates, all DLC)

The demo is actually very generous - you can finish Chapt. 1 in 30-45 minutes if you really want but you can also goof off around in it for multiple hours if you really feel like it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't wrap my head around the fact the entire accumulated knowledge of humanity is three clicks away yet ppl are more ignorant than ever.

We live in the age of information, therefore we live in the age of misinformation.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

HL3 better be revealed come E3 on account of this. Valve has played it loose and easy for too long to be pulling cross-promotional stuff with a dead series.

HL3 died when Marc Laidlaw leaked the story online. There is also Ted Beckman who left Valve for Arkane Studios.

If HL3 is ever released it will be the Fallout 3 of the Half-Life universe. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Wildly popular, extremely profitable, and immensely overrated?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If you change each of those adjectives to their opposite, you'll have the perfect description for Fallout: Van Buren.

Edited by Katphood

Well, yeah, it's been over ten years since EP2. These days, they're just solid singleplayer shooters with kind of hamfisted dialogue and story (actually, most heavily story-driven games STILL have this problem these days). At the time, though, original HL2 was revolutionary. That's sort of what happens to games that set trends and inspire copycats - other people take the formula and run with it, most of it for the worse, but some of it for the better.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The demo is actually very generous - you can finish Chapt. 1 in 30-45 minutes if you really want but you can also goof off around in it for multiple hours if you really feel like it.

it's now seeming like the demo of Chapt. 1 will have side quests disabled - likely meaning the Hunter quest chain would be unavailable. Still, that isn't a huge time aspect in Chapt. 1, so if one wanted to just fart around in the available areas you could waste a lot of time if you felt like, leveling and experimenting with Techniques and combat on the wildlife, etc. Still a decent demo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finaly I can sleep well at night. The world will be sooner much safer place!!! Trump's crusade against violent games and movies has begun!!!

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/president-trump-we-have-to-do-something-about-violent-video-games-movies/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

But the Half-Life series is already that.

*ducks for cover*

I would argue that the first Half-Life is properly rated.  At the time it came out there was a buzz about which game was going to revolutionize FPS gaming and take it to the next level.  Ironically, the games that were being discussed as the potential "game-changers" (Blood, Unreal, etc.) all failed to be that, instead Half-Life was the game that took the genre to the next level by weaving a compelling narrative into FPS gameplay, and managing to do it without a single cutscene to break up the game flow.  This was so well designed and executed that a protagonist who never utters a single line of dialogue became a cultural icon.

As for Half-Life 2, yeah, it's overrated.  It's still a very good game, but it's certainly not the greatest game ever made, or whatever.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would argue that the first Half-Life is properly rated.  At the time it came out there was a buzz about which game was going to revolutionize FPS gaming and take it to the next level.  Ironically, the games that were being discussed as the potential "game-changers" (Blood, Unreal, etc.) all failed to be that, instead Half-Life was the game that took the genre to the next level by weaving a compelling narrative into FPS gameplay, and managing to do it without a single cutscene to break up the game flow.  This was so well designed and executed that a protagonist who never utters a single line of dialogue became a cultural icon.

As for Half-Life 2, yeah, it's overrated.  It's still a very good game, but it's certainly not the greatest game ever made, or whatever.

The first five and a half minutes of Half-Life, the only thing you could do was walk around a bit in your train cabin. And it was the best thing ever.

1998 was an incredible year for gaming. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, StarCraft, Pokemon, Grim Fandango, Thief: The Dark Project, Banjo-Kazooie, Unreal...

Actually it might just have been the best year in gaming of all time.

• Like 7

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Half Life also gave us a platform for mods. Good memories of waiting ages for the Fileplanet queue to ping :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is there anyone around who could spare a couple minutes to go over some ~160 words "news broadcast" text that I have written for my current game / mod project? I need another opinion on it, also it might need tweaks, as I am not a native english speaker.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Public hearing in Hawaii concerning loot boxes with ESA lobbyist present.

You can skip to 2:30, if you want skip stuff not directly connected to the loot boxes.

I laughed hard when Chris Lee poked the guys with poker face "Pride and accomplishment" punch and have seen one of the guys interviewed failing to not laugh during that hearing :D

• Like 2

Yep but the only thing bad there is that Valve actually started charging people money for mods, things like Counter-Strike, Portal and Team Fortress were free but when they saw popularity arouse, they sought fit to make a profit cuz why not? Thus, prophetically starting the paid-mod practice in essense and retrospective - not that many people would actually realise this or want to admit it even.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Absolute Zero Translation just dropped all of their translations and removed all finished older translation projects... What a sad day to be a Tales of ... fan in this age :(

• Like 1

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUDNiyOf92o

The first five and a half minutes of Half-Life, the only thing you could do was walk around a bit in your train cabin. And it was the best thing ever.

1998 was an incredible year for gaming. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, StarCraft, Pokemon, Grim Fandango, Thief: The Dark Project, Banjo-Kazooie, Unreal...

Actually it might just have been the best year in gaming of all time.

Yeah, there was a great game  released in every genre i played that year. Even NFS was still great fun back then. :D And even Ja2 was supposed to  be released that year. Good thing it wasn't though. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I still love the original Half-Life because it had a pretty dark story and setting. Half-Life 2 was a great follow up but my brain simply cannot compute WHY Valve decided not to wrap up things with Episode 3!

In Portal 2 they even made an Easter Egg about their own failures regarding Episode 3:

Shame.

The only chance Valve have at redeeming themselves right now is...

*drum roll*

Portal 3!

That way they could somehow fix things by explaining certain story elements from the view of Apreture Science.

Edited by Katphood