RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

I'm one of those people who ordered the Obsidian hoodies

I have a bunch of "nerdy" clothing though

A random sampling

41hqAkjq8%2BL._SX342_.jpg22708843_1933574683548604_21085379239419xppvnosm3hvorudc7tmf.pngzXFejIu.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooh those DS9 shirts... @.@

Extra Credits opened up Pandora's Lootbox, then shook it until controversy fell out.

Well in my oppinion, games should not cost more than 30USD. And I guarantee, I can put as much stuff out of my ass to support my argument, as any other guy.
Looks like Jim Sterling decided to invest some of his time, put some facts out of his ass, and saved a trouble for me and many others, to give just a different oppinion, why AAA games are “so expensive to make” :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kIPNckHDN8

EDIT: How in the hell it is possible, when I post video on this board, that in one case the link automatically converts to video thumbnail, and in other case it just transforms into url tag... can someone explain me?

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not sure if this was posted before, but this dude just compiled a 500+ book on the history of CRPGs, and posted it for free here:

https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/update-19-crpg-book-released/

It's a pretty good read even if I disagree with a bit of what I've read so far.

• Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Square-Enix responded to the "Your FFXV benchmark tool has issues/isn't a good benchmark tool" stuff.

Someone posted this on the Steam forums, I didn't discover it.
The FFXV facebook page community manager is the one who posted it.

https://www.facebook.com/ffxv/posts/1946290452354936

We would like to thank the gaming community for all the feedback on our recently released FFXV WINDOWS EDITION benchmark tool.
Your feedback will help us fine-tune the performance of the game.

We wanted the benchmark tool to approximate the level of visual quality and performance you can expect from your PC environment when running FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION.
A Level Of Detail (LOD) issue has been discovered that affects the benchmark scores.
The benchmark also suffers from stuttering; both of the issues will be addressed in the shipping game.
While the settings in the benchmark are largely pre-selected for simplicity’s sake, the final game will feature highly customizable settings with On/Off options for a wide variety of settings.
The benchmark will give you an idea of how beautiful the game will be upon release, but for the reasons stated above, the benchmark may not accurately reflect the game’s final performance.

Nice of them to respond and acknowledge the LOD issue. Also, glad for the verification that there will be a lot of custom on/off options. I mean, I was expecting at least some of that sort of thing on a PC version, and would've been greatly annoyed if there was only "High/Standard/Lite" presets, just nice to have it verified, lol.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pillars of Eternity II coming to the switch?  What is this world coming to.... lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx?

Judging by some of the posts in the Deadfire area it's the end of the world

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hopefully when I get my Switch (waiting for a good price) I'll use it more than my toaster. I don't think I've even used my toaster for 3-4 years now at least (nor have I bought a loaf of bread in that time).

I don't think it runs Win98. :devil:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Hopefully when I get my Switch (waiting for a good price) I'll use it more than my toaster. I don't think I've even used my toaster for 3-4 years now at least (nor have I bought a loaf of bread in that time).

You're going to be waiting for several years because Nintendo rarely discounts unless there's a reason to discount. 

I thought you guys would be interested in this...

Focus Home Interactive and Vostock Games (devs behind the S.T.A.L.K.E.R franchise) have reveiled their newest game

FEAR THE WOLVES

Fear The Wolves is an post-apocalyptic Multiplayer battle royale in which players will have to "survive" with given resources.

Will be available on consoles as well as pc...

Source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/07/fear-the-wolves-is-battle-royale-in-irradiated-chernobyl/

I don't care much for Stalker games but I must admit, I am interested in this and I don't even like Battle Royale games :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

*(not actually the same dev, although some of the guys that used to work at GSC Game World before they were all unceremoniously laid off did help form Vostok Games)

BR market is already crowded, wouldn't be surprised if this made the company crash and burn. Furthermore, the connection to Stalker is tenuous at best due to BRs playing like the complete opposite kind of shooter Stalker was in most respects. Furtherfurthermore, it's not like the Stalkers were the best technically, and it seems like most BR games are utter technical disasters initially, so I can't see that going well for them when the current crop of BRs have had so much time to mature, and will have even more by the time it comes out.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

According to the guy who owns GSC one of the main reasons for them shuttering was that the devs kept on trying to turn Stalker into a MP game behind his back. Given the obsession with faction wars it might not have been BR, but certainly was as at least as much PvP as PvE focused.

Funny really, the teams spawned by GSC and Stalker haven't actually done 'proper' Stalker since. Metro is linear as anything and more reminiscent of FEAR, and the Vostok people seem to be obsessed with MP despite Clear Sky being the worst Stalker by a mile.

• Like 1

Did anyone ever played the Stalker multiplayer mode? I remember that one of the games at some point had it, but I don't remember anyone ever talking about it. As of now I'm under the impression that most Stalker fans never wanted this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I believe it was really just a checkbox thing, though I myself never really gave it a fair shake. From what I remember when I was reading and re-reading articles on the first game during the long agonising wait I came upon a preview that focused on the multiplayer, which seemed to offer only somewhat more depth than Counter-Strike (something like teams that would hunt for Artifacts throughout the level to sell so they can buy better gear).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

This is pretty much the reason why I don't like most multiplayer games. It feels like such a waste of time... grinding matches for better gear... wow. No thanks.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pillars of Eternity II coming to the switch?  What is this world coming to.... lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx?

Certain PC Players: "If you bring this Console Game to PC you must redesign the UI to cater to PC Players, you must support keyboard, mouse and rebinding key. These are all reasonable and imminently possible as redesigning UI and inputs, while not trivial, are completely possible without effecting core gameplay."

Same Certain PC Players: "No! You can't port a PC game to Console! It can't be done! You're dumbing my game down as this is the only way you can get my glorious PC game to run on a console! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo00000000000000!!!!!!!:"

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Certain PC Players: "If you bring this Console Game to PC you must redesign the UI to cater to PC Players, you must support keyboard, mouse and rebinding key. These are all reasonable and imminently possible as redesigning UI and inputs, while not trivial, are completely possible without effecting core gameplay."

Same Certain PC Players: "No! You can't port a PC game to Console! It can't be done! You're dumbing my game down as this is the only way you can get my glorious PC game to run on a console! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo00000000000000!!!!!!!:"

Sorry I don't want to cater to any side BUT having something simple to be able to control by more complex periphery is easy without changing its core function, other way not so much.

Lets take example from cars

You can control car with automatic shifting almost same in car with 3 pedals. Try drive manual shifting car with only brake and accelerator...

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well as long as they have different UI/Xs, shouldn't be a problem.  Well other than bringing more console untermensch to the forum. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra