RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

The cynical part of me wonders if the Anthem delay has anything to do with coming up with a nefarious clever scheme system to milk suckers dry give their valued customers a sense of pride and accomplishment while avoiding another PR disaster.

I'd place a bad bet on that just to show them how little confidence I have that that's not the case.

• Like 2

• "Bring the Player, not the Class" is one of the misinterpreted things of all time. It was a response to a completely degenerate situation, back when there were no raid wide buffs, they were all party based.

Uh, sure. That wasn't at all about Blizzard mishandling what could have been a decent response to class necessity in raid setups.

Not sure why you sound like you're disagreeing while repeating what Ion said about it verbatim.

• "Bring the Player, not the Class" is one of the misinterpreted things of all time. It was a response to a completely degenerate situation, back when there were no raid wide buffs, they were all party based.

Uh, sure. That wasn't at all about Blizzard mishandling what could have been a decent response to class necessity in raid setups.

Not sure why you sound like you're disagreeing while repeating what Ion said about it verbatim.

Probably because I'm disagreeing with the reasons given, not their conclusion. I do agree with what they were saying - just not the way they came to said conclusion. ghostcrawler was often stubbornly refusing to acknowledge issues. That's not being misinterpreted... :)

Edit:

Changed the wording to make it clearer.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hm. Would I be correct in assuming you didn't watch the Q&A but only read MMO-Champion's paraphrased summation? Sadly, MMO-Champ's coverage of these things is generally... lacking.

In the actual video that statement is in the context of a question and Ion essentially says what you're saying and says they're making changes accordingly. :)

• Like 1

Monster Hunter World surpasses 6 million in less than 3 days. Impressive, fairly impressive!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Oh yeah, socializing with the average WoW PvPer is really what I want to do. :p

09/21 release date (well on or before that date).

Hey! That's hurtful! ;_;

Well, it's true, after spending far too much time in BGs I end up feel like ganking people in real life :p
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm. Would I be correct in assuming you didn't watch the Q&A but only read MMO-Champion's paraphrased summation? Sadly, MMO-Champ's coverage of these things is generally... lacking.

In the actual video that statement is in the context of a question and Ion essentially says what you're saying and says they're making changes accordingly. :)

Guilty as charged. Silly me assuming the blurb was accurate. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Monster Hunter World surpasses 6 million in less than 3 days. Impressive, fairly impressive!

How shocking!!! A good game has good sales. And without Games as a Service bull****. Who would ever thought about that!!!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This takes place before RDR by my understanding.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

https://kotaku.com/gta-online-is-full-of-abandoned-modes-1822637245

GTA Online can be boring without a group's worth of friends, who knew.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably why I don't like games anymore, they keep telling me to socialize.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I thought this was interesting. CI Games removed Denuvo from Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 so DSOGaming took the time to actually test how this affected the performance of the game.

To make a long story short, the DSOGaming team noticed a significant reduction in the game's loading time. However, they weren't completely certain if the reduction was a product of the removal of Denuvo or game optimizations done by the developer. The previous performance issues still haunted the game, and there were zero improvement in graphics performance. This was expected to a certain degree taking into account that Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is a GPU intensive title after all. It might be a different story with games like Watch_Dogs 2 or Assassin's Creed Origins, since they are more demanding on the processor. Now, we just have to wait until Ubisoft removes Denuvo from them.

Loading times changed (unconfirmed being Denuvo or the patch itself). Performance impact? Zero. See, resident board idiots? Instead of blaming all the bugs and performance issues in the world on Denuvo, how about you actually test it first?

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That was a good read. I was planning on giving GTA: Online another go but not anymore. The first time I tried it felt pretty empty, not much has changed it seems. Only more content that is wasted on the godawful multiplayer mode.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I thought this was interesting. CI Games removed Denuvo from Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 so DSOGaming took the time to actually test how this affected the performance of the game.

To make a long story short, the DSOGaming team noticed a significant reduction in the game's loading time. However, they weren't completely certain if the reduction was a product of the removal of Denuvo or game optimizations done by the developer. The previous performance issues still haunted the game, and there were zero improvement in graphics performance. This was expected to a certain degree taking into account that Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is a GPU intensive title after all. It might be a different story with games like Watch_Dogs 2 or Assassin's Creed Origins, since they are more demanding on the processor. Now, we just have to wait until Ubisoft removes Denuvo from them.

Loading times changed (unconfirmed being Denuvo or the patch itself). Performance impact? Zero. See, resident board idiots? Instead of blaming all the bugs and performance issues in the world on Denuvo, how about you actually test it first?

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/241144/ci-games-silently-removes-denuvo-4-0-from-sniper-ghost-warrior-3

When you say A you should say also B.

"This was expected to a certain degree taking into account that Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is a GPU intensive title after all. It might be a different story with games like Watch_Dogs 2 or Assassin's Creed Origins, since they are more demanding on the processor."

In other words, so also you understood it. Because we board idiots can understand it easily... in this game the bottleneck is GPU. So even if you make by any miracle your CPU processes 10x faster, you will not increase any performance, because the bottleneck of the preformance is *drumroll* GPU.

Edit2: also I do not see any mention of trying to reproduce well know bugs in the testing environment with and without DeNuvo. Without this debugging, any "evidence" of not impacting performance is by no means any real evidence, just another "controversial" article about DRM on the internet.

For me the significant reduce of loading times is pretty much good enough hint, that DeNuvo indeed negatively impacted the CPU usage during processes, which are not using GPUs for their acceleration...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Why didn't they get a PC they *knew* was CPU-limited (think lower-end dual core with like a GTX 1080 or something), and test with that? Might as well test with several RAM speeds while you're at it, too... You had a shot to either kill or confirm this thing, and you wasted it!

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Did someone say RANDOM Video Game News?!

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/counter-strike-video-game-co-creator-jess-cliffe-arrested-for-sexual-exploitation-of-a-child/692871385

Co-creator of CS arrested.  Funnily enough I had thought it was just Gooseman alone who made it.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/counter-strike-video-game-co-creator-jess-cliffe-arrested-for-sexual-exploitation-of-a-child/692871385

Co-creator of CS arrested.  Funnily enough I had thought it was just Gooseman alone who made it.

You have to have a bail hearing even though you haven't been charged?

Police did not immediately release details, and Cliffe was not charged with a crime. Police did not say if an actual child was harmed. Cliffe does not have a criminal history.

Jail records show he was booked at 1:17 a.m. into the King County Jail. He’s expected to have a bail hearing Friday afternoon.

I need to watch more Law and Order

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Why didn't they get a PC they *knew* was CPU-limited (think lower-end dual core with like a GTX 1080 or something), and test with that? Might as well test with several RAM speeds while you're at it, too... You had a shot to either kill or confirm this thing, and you wasted it!

Yeah, I wouldn't be too sure on that. It also depends on whether they actually 'removed' the Denuvo DRM or just... 'neutered' it so it never triggers.

If it's still doing its DRM functions but they've been set to always return as 'OK' then there would be no effect on performance- since the checks etc that effect the performance would still be being done. That's how the hax solutions to Denuvo DRM work, and indeed how most removals of SecuROM's limited activation system worked as well (SecuROM was still there, it just accepted any hardware profile as legit once it was 'removed'). That method requires limited testing as opposed to properly removing it.

Having said that, the reduction in loading time suggests that at least one part of Denuvo's DRM system may have been genuinely turned off at least, since it was doing constant read/write as part of its DRM encryption cycling, leading to accusations it was trashing SSDs prematurely.

• Like 3