RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

If they want me to advertise their brand on my body they should pay me, not vice versa. Brand fanboys are useful idiots for corporations.

addons-tshirts-mousepad.jpg

am recalling a number o' boardies lusting after the hoodie available via deadfire backing, yes?

*shrug*

personal, the only game developer swag we ever wore were cavedog entertainment, and is 'cause we genuine liked their logo

Cavedog_Entertainment_Logo.jpg

and even their april fool's logo

frozen_yak.gif

we did enjoy total annihilation, but it were the cavedog logo we liked for the t-shirt and hat and whatnot.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If they want me to advertise their brand on my body they should pay me, not vice versa. Brand fanboys are useful idiots for corporations.

am recalling a number o' boardies lusting after the hoodie available via deadfire backing, yes?

*shrug*

personal, the only game developer swag we ever wore were cavedog entertainment, and is 'cause we genuine liked their logo

Cavedog_Entertainment_Logo.jpg

and even their april fool's logo

frozen_yak.gif

we did enjoy total annihilation, but it were the cavedog logo we liked for the t-shirt and hat and whatnot.

HA! Good Fun!

I didn't.

Although I should clarify - I specifically meant company brands. I.e. that Obsidian logo. Like, band tour shirts are cool. Still a bit of walking advertisement, but okay. Record label shirts? That's that fine line Eddie Izzard described:

"Dean Martin with one toothpick? Quite cool. Two toothpicks? Looking like a ****-head."

Dragon Age shirt? Quite cool. BioWare logo shirt? Unless you're working for them, looking like a ****-head. And Playstation shoes is waaay higher up that list. :lol:

What the hell is going on, Sony?!

I've now pre-ordered a Hunter, Kratos, and Crash.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

so the following is actual a test?

choose the poe t-shirt or mousepad is getting you rat pack membership, but select the obsidian t shirt and forever be dismissed... just another one o' those curiously bearded millennial d-bags who wears hats and sunglasses indoors, owns multiple designer cashmere hoodies and is as obsessed with social media as a socal teenage girl. 

choose wisely young hero.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah not seeing the association ... am neither bearded nor millennial yet own multiple Pillars and Obsidian shirts with a hoodie inbound. Suppose arguably a d-bag in certain lighting, however. 

don't ask Gromnir to explain.

"Although I should clarify - I specifically meant company brands. I.e. that Obsidian logo. Like, band tour shirts are cool. Still a bit of walking advertisement, but okay. Record label shirts? That's that fine line Eddie Izzard described: 

""Dean Martin with one toothpick? Quite cool. Two toothpicks? Looking like a ****-head."

"Dragon Age shirt? Quite cool. BioWare logo shirt? Unless you're working for them, looking like a ****-head."

am admitted a bit lost concerning the distinction which makes the poe or dragon age shirt dean martin kewl, but the obsidian shirt closet fodder for ****-heads. 

is the guerrilla tacos t shirt fun or fit only for ****-heads?

GTDINOLOGO.jpg?format=300w

is kewlness if is advertising the tacos, but not the guerrilla taco brand?  am admitted a bit baffled.

HA! Good Fun!

ps a couple years ago we got a couple john deere baseball hats we picked up at a local feed store.  off a rack they were 2 for $8.

home-img1.png

thought it were kinda funny for us to be sporting a john deere baseball cap. 

'course what were genuine amusing were when an acquaintance o' ours showed us his vintage john deere cap he got online from some kinda specialty hat site. 

*shrug*

we clear don't get kewlness. 
Edited by Gromnir

Pretty weird industry where a small developer like Obsidian manages more projects at once than a massive one like Bioware. I get that the scales are different, but it sure seems like bad business to be all in like that. Do movie studios do this?

• Like 4

Pretty weird industry where a small developer like Obsidian manages more projects at once than a massive one like Bioware. I get that the scales are different, but it sure seems like bad business to be all in like that. Do movie studios do this?

Which is why (one of the reasons, anyway) some people believe we are headed for another industry crash.  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Which is why (one of the reasons, anyway) some people believe we are headed for another industry crash.

The 'middle' (middle studios and AA games) have largely already fallen out. That's a bad sign. Having only large 100 million dollars prodjects or 4 million dollar indies isn't a sign of a healthy market.

• Like 3

yeah not seeing the association ... am neither bearded nor millennial yet own multiple Pillars and Obsidian shirts with a hoodie inbound. Suppose arguably a d-bag in certain lighting, however.

don't ask Gromnir to explain.

"Although I should clarify - I specifically meant company brands. I.e. that Obsidian logo. Like, band tour shirts are cool. Still a bit of walking advertisement, but okay. Record label shirts? That's that fine line Eddie Izzard described:

""Dean Martin with one toothpick? Quite cool. Two toothpicks? Looking like a ****-head."

"Dragon Age shirt? Quite cool. BioWare logo shirt? Unless you're working for them, looking like a ****-head."

am admitted a bit lost concerning the distinction which makes the poe or dragon age shirt dean martin kewl, but the obsidian shirt closet fodder for ****-heads.

is the guerrilla tacos t shirt fun or fit only for ****-heads?

GTDINOLOGO.jpg?format=300w

is kewlness if is advertising the tacos, but not the guerrilla taco brand? am admitted a bit baffled.

HA! Good Fun!

ps a couple years ago we got a couple john deere baseball hats we picked up at a local feed store. off a rack they were 2 for $8.

home-img1.png

thought it were kinda funny for us to be sporting a john deere baseball cap.

'course what were genuine amusing were when an acquaintance o' ours showed us his vintage john deere cap he got online from some kinda specialty hat site.

*shrug*

we clear don't get kewlness.

You're looking for a hard and fast rule where there isn't one. Let me explain it otherwise: People wear game shirts, movie shirts, etc. all the time. It means little. You're probably a fan.

You wear a bunch of corporate brand crap, though? That's not the mark of a fan but a fanboy. I feel that the internet has supplied enough proof that fanboys are, essentially, the devil. A useful corporate tool, but in any other way horrific.

There's a case-by-case scale. A 'Last of Us' t-shirt is not the same level as Sony Playstation 3 Sneakers. If you dress like a corporate tool, you probably are one.

To go full godwin on it, the former's fine but the latter's like wearing a Waffen SS uniform. Sure, it's possible to wear one when you're NOT a Nazi, but that's unlikely and you can't blame others for thinking you are. :lol:

Looking forward to you taking this much more seriously than it deserves again. :)

• Like 1

That looks like a game that's really rad...  that I would be really terrible at...  Then I would write things in the What Are You Playing thread like

I'm playing Iconoclasts and I really want to love this game.  I mean, it's a great game, but I'm really terrible at it and it's frustrating the **** out of me.  I need to stop, it's hurting my hands and my sanity.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm one of those people who ordered the Obsidian hoodies

I have a bunch of "nerdy" clothing though

A random sampling

41hqAkjq8%2BL._SX342_.jpg22708843_1933574683548604_21085379239419xppvnosm3hvorudc7tmf.pngzXFejIu.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooh those DS9 shirts... @.@

Extra Credits opened up Pandora's Lootbox, then shook it until controversy fell out.

Edited by Oner