RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Writers guild of America annouced nominations for videogame writing.

In the year that brought us among others:Night in the Woods, Hellblade: Sensua's Sacrifice, NieR: Automata, What Remains of Edith Finch etc.

Last I heard, to be nominated by the Writers Guild of America, the writer has to be a member of the Writers Guild of America. Of those four titles, only What Remains of Edith Finch was even developed in the US. And the writer probably still wasn't a member of the guild.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Writers guild of America annouced nominations for videogame writing.

In the year that brought us among others:Night in the Woods, Hellblade: Sensua's Sacrifice, NieR: Automata, What Remains of Edith Finch etc.

Last I heard, to be nominated by the Writers Guild of America, the writer has to be a member of the Writers Guild of America. Of those four titles, only What Remains of Edith Finch was even developed in the US. And the writer probably still wasn't a member of the guild.

The year that Rise of Tomb Raider won Witcher 3 was nominated neither written by a member nor developed in USA as well as Pillars. So you are mistaken.

I'm only slightly mistaken. They had to be a member of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus and have on-screen writing credit. They do indeed not have to be in WGA jurisdiction. However it's still not open to everyone because of those conditions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Writer's Guild's rules for video game nominees are here: http://awards.wga.org/wga-awards/rules-videogame

The other question that raises to mind is whether or not all the eligible games even bothered to submit?  But based on my outsider's view and MobyGames, I don't think any of the mentioned games have a clear writer credit (one Co-Writer on Night in the Woods but who did they co-write with?, Additional Writing on Hellblade and Edith Finch, subwriter on Nier)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

All I can say is that What Remains of Edit Finch had a pretty unique and compelling story with heaps of interesting, quirky and often somber twists and turns. The entire game was very beautiful woven around the storlylines, in plural, I feel the need to emphasize, which made one equally impressively story braid.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I don't disagree that the mobile game and the sports game are strange to me. But as far as I can find they meet the criteria the WGA sets out. Not knowing what else was turned in for consideration it's a bit hard to argue about.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Most award organizations have ancillary motivations, and tend to serve those that have ties to them.

I don't pretend they decide the canonical milestones of substantive craftsmanship. I'm just happy when something I think is truly worthy of recognition gets free publicity on someone else's bill.

To be fair, most remasters are given for free, to those who have owned the previous games... examples include Bioshock 1 and 2, Skyrim, Guacumelee, The Vanishing Of Wthan Carter, Divinity: Original Sin, Darksiders 1 and 2... and others. There's really no justifying why they aren't giving it free to pre-existing owners (Well... Greed is as good as a justification if any). I suppose it's a good way to fund their next game project lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

To be fair, I don't want remasters anymore. The old ones are just fine. Once upon a time we all happily cheered over a remake but nowadays you get remasters like Dark Souls which are essentially useless. 

I for one, can either play the game 720p@30fps on the PS3 or go for the PC version for 20 bucks if I want performance. 

Also, for the love of whatever you like, Sony: let me play my PS3 games on the PS4. That way I don't have to buy remasters, I can simply play the games I ALREADY OWN!!!

These are the games that I own on the PS3 that have these so called remasters....you guys tell me if it's worth it:

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Prototype

Prototype 2

Darksiders

Darksiders 2

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

God of War 3

Skyrim

And when you wish for one remaster that is actually worth your time(Fallout: New Vegas, Demon's Souls etc.) you won't get it!

Weird eh?!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

​Demon's Souls they can't really do because Sony owns it. At the very least DS1 will have online functionality again on PC, which it currently doesn't have because they broke it and never bothered to fix it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, but 60fps and online function isn't worth the 40€, imo, and I don't believe they believe it is worth it. On the other hand, apparently they aren't upgrading the game to the DS3 engine and I've heard rumors about them not changing how combat works, etc... That makes me extremely skeptical now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So I just discovered this modder (Dragbody) and .. I'm blown away - he's modded basically all the important NPCs in Fallout New Vegas and it looks spectacular. Makes the game look better than Fallout 4

Here are some examples

• Like 5

Fortune favors the bald.

I used his mods the last time I tried to replay NV, love their quality

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

DK Tropical Freeze coming to Switch and DK is also a DLC character in the  Mario+Rabbids DLC ... sheesh. I'll have to stop fantacizing about Switch and just buy it already before  what i want to play combines into €1000+.  :unsure:  :wacko:  :ninja:  :grin:

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I thought the Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen renaster was essential. Original7I had the game on PS3 and the 24-29fps frame cap and 720i rez made me sick most of the time and hurt my eyes. I loved the game but never could play or finish it for that reason.

-------------------------------------------------------

Will be competing with Kingdom Come on February 13th!

Edited by TrueNeutral
The edit button exists for a reason. Use it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Edit button doesn't load sometimes on phone :(

Now I switch to full version and it works. Sorry about that.

Now I'm trying to think of a way to make this comment useful and not in vain.

Okay, I found something you may like...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/589780/The_Red_Strings_Club/

The Red Strings Club is on sale for $11.99 from $14.99, it's a pixel graphix indie game in which you bartend and try to bring down a corrupt organization

I think fans of Thimbleweed will love it^

Iconoclast is releasing soon, January 23, right around the corner...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393520/Iconoclasts/

No word on price yet as far as I know but I'm guessing anywhere in the range of $14.99-$19.99.

For anyone who didn't know, Iconoclast is an amazing looking pixel art platforming game, similar to Megaman in that respect.

Additionally, the Deadfire page on Steam is up! You can view it here...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/560130/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire/

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1