What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I'm on an LG OLED 4k, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it. It's difficult to go back to a normal TV after that..

Anyhow, I also finished Assassin's Creed: Origins. Took me 92 hours and I even killed all the war elephants and won all the arena events. The only thing I intentionally left were the chariot races because I didn't like them. At all. Very good game all in all though. So much to see, so much to do. I also thought the side-quests were generally excellent and tied in with the main quest quite elegantly.

I had no problem blocking so for me it was working as intended. You can't just hold the block button or the enemies will start hitting you with block breaking moves (yes, even low level enemies). Dodge, evade and block, not just block.

I also finally finished a playthrough of Rise of the Tomb Raider that I started before Christmas. Funny thing is that I had actually stopped playing that game with 98% done and basically only the end battle left, without knowing it. It took me longer to get my bearings in that game again than it took me to 100% it.

I'm guessing next up on the list is an old playthrough of Shadow of Mordor that I have left hanging a while ago. It's just that I had my fun with the fighting system in that game and after that stopped being fun.. well, it feels like a drag to actually finish the story. We'll see.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Started up Far Cry 5.  Very, very early in.  I kind of like the setting so far.

One thing I have to get used to is the inventory management of explosives.  I can't seem to figure out how to switch explosives like I can my guns.  I ended up tossing away a dynamite stick for no reason because I was trying to "cycle" to the remote C4.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Can someone opine on Tyranny? Is it worth the hassle if I hope for a good story, characters or simply something unique out of my RPG experience. Bear in mind I played most of the genre's offerings since 1998.

I'd say pull the trigger. It's not a MINDBLOWING, GROUNDBREAKING NARRATIVE EXPERIENCE, but it's well worth the price of admittance. Solid characters, interesting premise, and some decent C&C. It also has one of the best introductory acts I've seen in a CRPG. As others have said, it's short, so commitment wise it's nothing too serious.

It's a bit heavy on the forced "replayability" and player ego stroking though, so you may find that grating—I know I did. Combat is bad, but it's Obsidian, so par for the course.

I enjoyed it much better than Pillars, which bored me to tears and never got around to finishing.

Also, don't bother with the DLC.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I just started Neverwinter Nights : Enhanced Edition today. I have been thinking of starting Spellforce 3 but have been putting it on the backburner for

the time being (since I'm in the middle of playing ; Ember, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Origins and now also Neverwinter Nights : Enhanced Edition).

NEW UPDATE: At the moment I'm just about done with Far Cry 5, I only have Jacob and Joseph Seed to beat and I'm done with this game.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I have been thinking of starting Spellforce 3 but have been putting it on the backburner

It's a good game. Got 46 hours in it so far according to Steam. Though I'd say 6 of those are load screens in Mulandir...

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Already came across a frustrating mission in Far Cry 5.  I had to tail a helicopter using a vehicle, but simply could not finish the mission because the friggin' vehicles steer like you're riding in a bath tub with no steering wheel.  I'd forgotten how bad the driving controls were in the Far Cry series.  I was quickly reminded of it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Already came across a frustrating mission in Far Cry 5. I had to tail a helicopter using a vehicle, but simply could not finish the mission because the friggin' vehicles steer like you're riding in a bath tub with no steering wheel. I'd forgotten how bad the driving controls were in the Far Cry series. I was quickly reminded of it.

I don't think tailing missions are fun in any game lol I'm not sure why devs keep injecting them into open world games. A simple cut-scene would suffice but... filler.

It's a shame that they didn't work on the driving physics. At least Watch Dogs 2 and Just Cause 3 improved upon its predecessors.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'd forgotten how bad the driving controls were in the Far Cry series.

Playing further into the game, I'm reminded of why combat, in general, in Far Cry games is more annoying than fun.

So basically you bought a full price open world game knowing you'd hate both the driving mechanics and the combat. Kinda makes me wonder why you bought it? You were expecting an engrossing story perhaps?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'd say having forgotten and being reminded of are a pretty clear indication that he didn't buy it "knowing"? :p

Don't ask too much

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Darksiders 2 Deathenitive Edition seems to have ironed out all the issues of the original release. Great optimization, nice job THQ and the other guys :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Replaying Far Cry 2, I instantly remembered that stealth in this game is no joke.

It's broken more like. I mean, it works and you can hide in the environment and such, but... Get silenced guns for killing people silently, 'cause machete won't cut it without people you're murderizing yelling before death. AI doesn't see through bushes, luckily. Some missions are manageable via stealth alone. Most... Aren't.