What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

It's a grind right from the start. The first two outposts will be kinda fun, but then you'll beginning to tire out already.

I am a bit tempted as well, but I know Ubisoft formula and I know that I get super annoyed by them a couple hours in and I know that I never finish any of their games ever. Heck, even at a price of 10 euros I'd feel like it wasn't worth it.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Stellaris made some changes in the latest beta that were very relevant to my current game. Namely they stopped Driven Assimilators from getting Machine Worlds and merged Ringworlds into Galactic Wonders. I loaded up my save and saw that I still had Machine Worlds, but Ringworlds is gone and I had a perk freed up.

I want to say to anyone interested that if you're playing beta, or if you're waiting for it to hit a release version, don't play on Ensign difficulty. It's kind of a joke. Until last night's update, all of the AI empires were starving on both food and power. And even after it, none of them can actually afford a fleet of more than a handful of corvettes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Good that they're reworking the Ascension Perks, I hope they have a good look at some of the others as well. A few of them are barely useful or were nerfed to oblivion with 2.0.

I hope Paradox manages to make choosing perks interesting throughout the entire game. At the moment it feels like perk choices are only meaningful in the early game. Let's take Mastery of Nature, for instance, which one either picks up as the first or possibly second perk, or not at all. Interstellar Dominion is like that as well. It helps in the early game especially xenophobic empires to expand and claim easily while influence is at a premium, but picking it as fourth or fifth perk? Nah.

Well and then there are perks like Share Destiny...

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Bought Far Cry 5, but I'm still finishing up AC Origins.  I thought I was closer to finishing off the main quest than I actually was.

So lucky, I want both of those and plane to get them whem the price drops.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Far Cry 5 kind of falls somewhere in between 1 and 2.

For a second there I thought you were talking about the game series and there was suddenly a total black out in my brain.

But yeah, with me it's pretty much always '2'.

The last time I bought a game that I was excited for was Nier: Automata.

Currently, the only game I am anticipating is Death Stranding. Other games tend to look pretty boring for some reason, no matter how good they look. None of them seem to offer anything new in the story department but Death Stranding sure looks thought provoking. I always wondered what will become of humanity and if there will ever be a sudden change in the way humans 'live'. Death Stranding seems to be dealing with that sort of topic.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Oh, dang. That sort of thing can happen with Amazon. 

But hey, why not give it a spin? 

I'm pretty sure I'll buy it some time in the future just to see how Far Cry Arcade is. The map editor can be fun in Far Cry games.

Good that they're reworking the Ascension Perks, I hope they have a good look at some of the others as well. A few of them are barely useful or were nerfed to oblivion with 2.0.

I hope Paradox manages to make choosing perks interesting throughout the entire game. At the moment it feels like perk choices are only meaningful in the early game. Let's take Mastery of Nature, for instance, which one either picks up as the first or possibly second perk, or not at all. Interstellar Dominion is like that as well. It helps in the early game especially xenophobic empires to expand and claim easily while influence is at a premium, but picking it as fourth or fifth perk? Nah.

Well and then there are perks like Share Destiny...

Mastery of Nature was changed for 2.0. It's no longer for tile blockers, but increases the size of a planet. The utility of that I've seen arguments around, but it's now at least consistent throughout the game.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

****.. it was the Uplay version.

meh, now I don't feel like bothering.

Get the refund?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Epistory - typing chronicles - I believe SandySands gifted this to me. What a gem. No futher comments needed.

But currently I can't play anything on steam (including Epistory) since I'm quite pissed. Apparently, I have been waiting 8 days for my refund for a purchase that has been on a hold for 8 days, and it apparently doesn't matter that I done a refund the very next day. I will still have to wait more. I hate my bank.

Edited by Melusina

I am revisiting the Gild box games of the 80s. Starting with the Champions of Krynn. Opened with a major encounter with a Taunt by my Kender Ranger. Black Dragon breath proceeded to rain down on him though he completely saved my party by drawing the acid to him. I proceeded to nuke them with fireballs from 3 characters, followed by 2 Knights with 2 handers. I love these old games....

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

AFAIK, Getting most any Ubi game from Steam forces you to go through Uplay, anyway. Why would you want to throw yet another layer of DRM on top of Denuvo, VMP and Uplay?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Mastery of Nature was changed for 2.0. It's no longer for tile blockers, but increases the size of a planet. The utility of that I've seen arguments around, but it's now at least consistent throughout the game.

You're right that it at least remains - arguably - useful as long as there are planets you can use it on. I was more referring to the tile blocker removal cost reduction that comes with taking the perk. That's a lot of credits saved at a crucial time when you pick it as a first perk (especially when combined with a governor with cheaper tile clearing).

So if you want to use Mastery of Nature it's pick up early or lose out on the in my opinion more useful part of the perk, the edict is a little too situational and a tad expensive. There's a bit of irony hidden in the perk as well, now with the changes it would have been a good pick pre-2.0 where colonizing planets even if they were small could provide a much needed border expansion.

edit:

My current campaign is going well. The Contingency activated, which wasn't very surprising, the game seeded a lot of machine and materialist empires, and more than half of my own population is made up of power drilling synths.

Of course it activated right after a galaxy spanning war between the largest power blocks happened. The unchecked devouring swarm empire on the other end of the galaxy didn't help the matter either. Three of the sterilization hubs spawned close to me and are already bombed out. It's both funny and sad seeing the other side of the galaxy unable to deal with a single hub. Even with the help of an awakened empire next door.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

AFAIK, Getting most any Ubi game from Steam forces you to go through Uplay, anyway. Why would you want to throw yet another layer of DRM on top of Denuvo, VMP and Uplay?

It's also always online, you have to connect to their store even to buy non premium items like health packs and ammo, just so you always look at their retarded microtransations every time. 

Refund it is. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is it May/June yet?

I really want those FFXV official mod tools now. I'd just be happy with being able to create/reskin the clothes at this point, darnit. I don't care about repurposing questlines/Hunts or adding new monsters, vehicles, or complex new content mods - I need clothes! How can a rpg full of obvious fashion-horse dudes have hardly any CLOTHES.

And chocobo colors! I need more chocobo colors! ***

***1st world gamer complaints

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Near as I can tell to play Ubisoft games past a certain year running it through Uplay is _required_. 

In fact, if you wish to play Ubisoft games from now on it would make more sense to simply purchase it from their own service, maligned as it is, as getting it through Steam would seem to just add an unnecessary hoop to jump through just to play the game.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm going through Dead Man Switch - Vox Populi: a port of the original SRR campaign to the SR:HK engine.

It's not a 1:1 port—it has quite a bit of user-generated content, but so far it's decent. Surprisingly polished other than the fact that some conversations at the hub are mistimed, which occasionally produces rather nonsensical and confusing banter. My biggest gripe is that without a proper SDK, music cannot be ported, so I'm stuck with the HK themes. I don't think I'd be able to go through DMS again in the original engine after HK, so otherwise, it's great.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Decided to go back to Witcher 3 and finish up Blood & Wine. It takes more time to finish than most games do. The story isn't nearly as good or coherent as Hearts of Stone though.

Finished Blood & Wine. What a needlessly long and tiring 'final act'. Otherwise a fitting end to one of the greatest pieces of DLC ever. 

Edited by Katphood

Aviary Attorney. First game I've ever played of this type (Ace Attorney parody). I rather liked it, though the final act was very underwhelming.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.