What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Forgot about wearing a "Ring of Nixperience", which meant my anime boy band were gaining xp, but not tallying it up to gain levels in FFXV, so actually had about 490k XP. Took it off, slept the night at the high class resort, and gained 31 levels in one go.

There's been quite a few posts in fora going "Bug! Can't level up!", people reply "Take off the Nix Band" and then "Oh..."

I was rather dubious about having all those things (most of which were paid dlc in some form or another) just dumped into the game from the getgo like that for new players, and it's been rather amusing to watch the ruckus. "Why/What are these cheat items in my inventory?! Can I remove them?" "I put on the Ragnarok and lulz this game is so easy" and "AP too easy to get? (while wearing AP boosting bonus accessories)" and "Fishing is too easy (while using the dlc fishing gear)" and ...

The choice of having them there is fine, but many don't seem to understand or even read item descriptions, it's like they just put them on because they are there. lulz.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I realized why AC: Origins' quests don't seem as good as in previous games.  This time around, each main quest is short and to the point (not very many, if any, steps involved from start to finish), and each side quest seems to have very little to do with the main quest.

In previous games (at least the ones I recall), it seemed like everything mingled together.  Side quests made sense in the context of how completing them tied to the main quest.  For instance, doing a side quest to save factory workers as a favor for some dude tied into the main quest because that dude was helping you, and also because doing so weakened your enemy in that region.

Doesn't seem to be that same connection this time around from what I've seen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Old age has made me weak, tempted to dumpo Deserts of Kharak down to the easiest difficulty and just get it over with.  The SP campaign is interesting, at least and I do like the idle chatter you hear from units, such as some guy complaining that he knows his tank better than some REMF or Command advising a unit to check its bio filters for no reason at all, nothing to be worried about

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was just playing through "Dragon Age Inquisition" again, and ended up doing a RAGE QUIT (3rd fail) during the "Michael the Demon" fight.

Sometimes I really hate that game.

Also, I have been playing "Call of Duty WWII" and "Battlefield 1"  with TOOL playing in the background. I probably should start acting my age...

• Like 1

Here's vidoegamedunky roasting it: 

Really? LOL. I played this with a few exotic dancer friends at a local bar, and we had a lot of fun playing (It was on her laptop). Banging shots on a successful mission completed. We were getting pretty hammered. So that was probably an important mitigating factor. And it was really, really stupid and very creepy. Steam will sell just about anything. That being said, it's really not worth playing. I wouldn't have except for my company at the time fired it up.

I like the banter between the characters in Vermintide 2.

Was killing some nurgle warriors and rotters, and the battle wizard commented "Oh, so you kill the guilty too?"  (I am playing the witch hunter)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Vermintide 2 and some Duke Nukem Forever.

First one seems quite fun, Duke Nukem not so much.

Personally I found DNF's DLC to be much more fun than the base game.

There was a DLC for DNF??? I haven't heard anything about this game since its failed release.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Managed to get FFXV stable at 4k but only at 30fps. So I can't take videos while playing that way. Screenshots/Ansel are still fair game.

It looks really good on the 4k TV/native 4k w/high textures/LoD. 1080 with 150% scaling produces crisp screens and videos with less aliasing issues but doesn't look as good on the 4k TV.  I'm glad I bought more system RAM tho - it's gone up as high as 11GB while playing for a while.

I've had very few performance issues but there are more tiny bugs/glitches than before - with some of them also present on the console version. For me only minor irritants, nothing major. Still, annoying they're in both versions.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sunset Overdrive - almost finished with the main campaign, heading for the dlc's soon.

Battlefield 4 - playing the dlc maps whenever there are enough players, varies depending on the time of the day. 

Battlefield: Bad Company - playing the SP campaign which still feels better than most war movies I've seen during my lifetime. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Vermintide 2 and some Duke Nukem Forever.

First one seems quite fun, Duke Nukem not so much.

Personally I found DNF's DLC to be much more fun than the base game.

There was a DLC for DNF??? I haven't heard anything about this game since its failed release.

Yep. The Doctor Who Cloned Me.

Finished Dishonored 2 Shadow playthrough on Hard difficulty. No kills, no void powers.

My reward? Shiny new achievements to show off on my profile to the world.

Never did beat Alien: Isolation so I'm working on it tonight. Trying to cross off games on my backlog.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

PREY(2017).

The level design and all that stuff feels great but I'm not sure if I like having big chunks of story suddenly shoved down my throat. 1 hour in and some guy explained to me what mimics are and what they do but I didn't get all of it. I guess there is more to this place than meets the eye, and I'm not just talking about the gimmicks. Something feels...off!    :geek:

Soundtrack is freakin AWESOME btw...the last game I remember that had a good soundtrack was Nier: Automata.

Yep. The Doctor Who Cloned Me.

It was great fun. Edited by Katphood
  • Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

4k @ 150% scaling is to die for.

Too bad I only get 18-20fps that way. But ... it's playable enough to run around and use Ansel. Which apparently is the only important thing to me, anymore.

I mean, native 4k is great just to play in. But the screens ... they come out even better with more scaling and ... MUST BE EVER MORE HI-RES SCREENS, MORE.

I think my computer is crying.

• Like 2

More Assassin's Creed Origins.  Giza was the emptiest of the "main quest" maps.  Short main quest, very few side quests.  I don't think there was even a blacksmith/weaver there.  On to Memphis, where more seems to be going on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ghost of A Tale. It's a decent stealth/adventure game. Nothing groundbreaking, but it looks stunning and plays well enough. Some minor issues, but nothing game breaking.

I want it!!!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Bah, I used to play that when it was still in super early access. Posted screenshots before it was cool to do so. :p

Haven't had time to patch it to the release version though.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bah, I used to play that when it was still in super early access. Posted screenshots before it was cool to do so. :p

Haven't had time to patch it to the release version though.

Wait, it's been released? Guess I should have actually clicked the link in those last few backer e-mails...

(seriously why do people keep doing that, just put your damn content in the e-mail instead of sending us to some website...)