What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Okay, so I lied.  I decided to play a handful of Destiny 2's Crucible matches tonight so I could complete a couple of challenges.

Either I've gotten really good without knowing it, or I just happened to play with some really terrible players.  I finished at or near the top of the leaderboard all 4 games I played.  I'm almost scared to play again in fear of ruining the illusion that I'm good at this game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oof, gave up on Overwatch. Can't deal with the pubbies. I dunno what it is but that's the most toxic game community I've ever seen.

But there are so many toxic online gaming communities these days, how can you pick just one? :p

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm in act 3 of Diablo. This is the farthest I've gotten in the story. I know that the writers are intentionally telegraphing the plot twists, but dang, this story feels cliche as hell. Blizzard tried to do it (with mixed success) in Starcraft 2, but I really wish they'd add some branching narrative if they're going practically wave neon signs for all the plot twists. At least give me a chance to dodge a betrayal even if it means preemptively killing an NPC.

Other than that, having a blast.

Oof, gave up on Overwatch. Can't deal with the pubbies. I dunno what it is but that's the most toxic game community I've ever seen.

But there are so many toxic online gaming communities these days, how can you pick just one? :p

I'd say it picked itself by sticking out like a sore thumb, even when among other sore thumbs. :p

• Like 1

Finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

One of the best games to play on the PS Vita and without a doubt one of the best entries in the Uncharted series. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I finished Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. Haven't done all the dream battles yet, but they're starting to feel like trial and error. I'll get to them eventually, probably.

On to Chaos;Child! I was really excited for this one, it'll be my first Sci;Adv title that's not part of Steins;Gate. So far it's living up to my expectations with delightful characters, an interesting murder mystery, and hints at a conspiracy. The main character is so cringey it goes all the way to the other side and hits adorable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I dunno, CS of old was way more toxic, or even NS where being a commander that isn't some player's bitch results in being called things like a "catholic jew ****". It's just full of morons on voice chat or stereotypical types afflicted with delusions of competence.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Getting exotic engram drops in Destiny 2 isn't as exciting when you can only equip one for each category (one weapon, one armor).  I've got like 20 exotics that I can't even use.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I did specify community that I've ever seen, but CS bad reputation is legendary I admit.

I don't even know what NS stands for in this case.

Natural Selection I guess. It's also a Half-Life mod, like the original CS. Never played it though.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I did specify community that I've ever seen, but CS bad reputation is legendary I admit.

I don't even know what NS stands for in this case.

Natural Selection I guess. It's also a Half-Life mod, like the original CS. Never played it though.

The best HL mod there was, changed a lot. Shame the sequel didn't catch, suffered from brutal load times, steep learning curve. The community was pretty good though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still mucking about in Fallout 4. Kind of impressive how much time I've sunk into this game given how it manages to do pretty much everything it does badly (but praise where praise is due: the shooting mechanics are much improved compared to previous instalments). Except for allowing modders to pick up most of the slack, I guess...

I'm pretty sure that I've spent at least half my game time tinkering with settlements. Hell, currently my main reason to venture outside of a settlement is when I run out of one resource or another (aluminium has been a favourite lately, but I've actually managed to run through my entire stock of steel as well...). It's kind of funny how addictive the settlement system is even though it's actually pretty broken and almost entirely carried by mods (like the rest of the game I suppose, though the story doesn't qualify as "fixable", unfortunately)

On the note of settlements, I found a mod that just queues up all those annoying attacks so I can deal with them when it suits me. Pretty huge QOL improvement, that...

The quest 'Brain Dead' in Fallout 4: Far Harbor is pretty amusing. Fallout 4 is such a mixed bag, on one hand you have FedEx quests that make you wanna quit playing and on the other hand you have a few quests and locations that are very well thawed out.

Edited by Katphood

The quest 'Brain Dead' in Fallout 4: Far Harbor is pretty amusing. Fallout 4 is such a mixed bag, on one hand you have FedEx quests that make you wanna quit playing and on the other hand you have a few quests and locations that are very well thawed out.

That was a fun quest. I also liked where DiMA questions your humanity because you can't remember anything from before the start of the game. Existential philosophical question with a sauce of self-awareness.

• Like 1

[i also liked where DiMA questions your humanity because you can't remember anything from before the start of the game. Existential philosophical question with a sauce of self-awareness.

True. That line really made me think twice about the game itself. I think overall Fallout 4 is a very fun game even if it's not necessarily a good RPG. Sure, there aren't many choices to be made but I like how they dared to experiment with the idea of Vaults and their purpose. It's fun to see the outcome of the experiments the government planned before the war since some of them have gone absolutely sideways with results that no one ever expected. Vault 118 was a good example of that.

WoW still, Final Fantasy XIV, Heroes of the Storm, FighterZ, uhh... Railway Tycoon.

I have no free time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bought the remaster Secret of Mana. I was a big fan of the original and farmed the hell outta it multiple times as a kid. I'm really enjoying the hell outta it so far, it feels just like the old combat and while the VA isn't stellar and the people's mouths don't move, doesn't bother me a bit because I'm looking at this stuff as just extra bonus. Also I read complaints about the AI and while it's terrible, it always was. You eventually just started running certain ways by reflex to not get them stuck.

Can't wait to kids come home to try out the multiplayer.

• Like 1

I completed the original main objective of Monster Hunter World.  Of course, the game doesn't end there.  On the contrary, this is where the real game begins.  High rank quests and equipment are now unlocked and stronger (much stronger in some cases) variants of monsters are now out and about, along with some blasts from the past and possibly a brand new monster.  The grind for the ultimate gear to slay the ultimate beasts begins!  :dancing:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks