What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I played a little bit of Mysteries of Westgate. I remember getting horribly bored of it quickly.

The plot picks up after a while but it's also going to end on a cliffhanger. I really enjoyed it though, it's a shame that's where the DLC and expansions for NWN2 ended.

It's crazy how good Mysteries of Westgate is. It blows away Mask of the Betrayer and its epic level silliness.

I really liked it, but it's not a patch on Mask of the Betrayer. But still found it better overall to the main campaign and Storm of Zehir.

I always prefered low/mid level campaigns.

Gameplay wise epic level feels like a parody.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think I'm nearing the end of Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. It feels a lot more dramatic than the first one, or simply that there's not nearly as much downtime for the characters to goof around. There was one scene not long ago where the characters got to relax and be funny and it made me realize how much I missed those moments. Still, I really like this and am aching to go back and play the very first one.

Also doing a bit of The Fall since Part 2 is out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Decided to push through and finish the final main story missions for Destiny 2.  The final battle was kind of disappointing in that the only challenge were the hordes of minions shooting at me from all over the place.  The boss himself wasn't difficult at all.

I'll see what other activities now open up to determine whether I'm going to stick with it for a bit longer or move on to the next game on my to-play list.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I always prefered low/mid level campaigns.

Gameplay wise epic level feels like a parody.

For me, levs 5-15 are the sweet spot for D&D.  Both low level and epic level D&D sucks IMHO.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I fought a Rathalos in MHW and holy crap did I get my ass whooped.  Now, eventually I did manage to slay the beast, but I did faint twice (three times if you cont my first encounter after which I retreated to base to properly gear up) and I almost ran out of time.  I would do well for a while then the Rathalos would just be like "Welcome to stun lock.  Oh, you're poisoned, on fire, and stunned?  Here, let me swoop in and hit you again while you're helpless and just make sure you never have a chance to drink a potion or put yourself out."  I think I had 2, maybe 3 minutes left when I finally got that giant sucker down.

Next up, I need to take down a Diablos.  At least the Diablos, unlike the Rathalos, can't fly, though it can burrow underground.  I encountered one in the wild many moons ago when I was still using fairly low tier gear.  It 1 shot me.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't seem to get any gear in Destiny 2 that's above 300.  I guess I'll have to start playing some of the game modes I don't particularly enjoy since the single player missions/roaming around do nothing but yield more and more 300 level gear.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing a little bit of Neon Chrome on the PS Vita. It's a twinstick shooter. You're basically a dude, you run around, you shoot and loot stuff and you level up as you clear one stage after another. There is also the occasional boss fight after each 4-5 stages which also serves as a checkpoint. That's roguelike I guess.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hm, I tried Destiny 2's free trial. I uninstalled the game after finishing the first mission.

Not sure why but Bungee shooters just don't click with me. Never have. Didn't like Halo either... and I actuall like shooters. Meh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I started to play Tales of the Abyss, for the first time. I really like the game, the characters and story. Sometimes there is to much talking, but no need to grind at all. It took me some time to get into the combat, but I can manage bossfights most of the time without knockouts.

But I hate the fact, that Namco has robbed me of this experience in my teenage years :/ The only way how to play this game at that time, was to go the console piracy way. Because it was impossible here to buy US model of PS2 :/

Because of that, I never knew, that such magnificent games like Tales series ever existed, before Tales of Xillia was released on PS3. After that, I bought every single of them, for my PS3 and PS4. But I have still missed few PSP and NDS releases, because I simply did not knew that some of this games even existed :(

I have not finished the game yet, but I can already say, that TotA is the best PS2 generation RPG, I have played. Square Enix started at that time to put much more money into FF games, but they were schooled by lower budget Tales of games, and I've found about it only 13 years later :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Interesting. What the gold ---> time conversion rate?

It's dynamic pricing that changes from hour-to-hour but it appears to be in the region of 175-200k per month for US servers. Other regions are more expensive.

Live pricing here

I took a break from WoW back in May last year, ended up not bothering to come back because I'm playing other stuff most nights now, and with nights reserved that means no raiding, and no reason to play.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

God Eater 2: Rage Burst. Like Monster Hunter, but on PC.

Played for 20+ hours, then looked up the approximate length (50-60 hours). Not sure, if I'm going to finish the game. The plot is cheesy and the gameplay is repetitive, but the first 10 or so hours were fun.

Has anyone tried the secret of Mana remaster yet?

Nope, I just love the original and have an emulator.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Interesting. What the gold ---> time conversion rate?

Not worth it unless you've got nothing better to do. :p

But yeah like Humanoid said the price varies a bit as it's a player driven economy but generally about 300k gold for a month (or 13 euros worth of battle.net balance). US is about 100k less than that I believe.

I'm not much of a gold farmer, but I've essentially hit all my goals this expansion (last heroic tier set, all the cosmetics I want) and I've got about 20 days left. Might as well make 'em count, as it will cost me less when BfA hits end of summer. I already pre-ordered that too, even though I never pre-order, because that I had enough gold to slash 75% of that price. Wish I'd realized we'd be powering through heroic and running out of stuff to do early, otherwise I'd have saved up enough gold to get it for free. :p

• Like 1

I hate the fact Destiny almost forces you to do Raids and Heroic Strikes to get the highest level gear, but don't have a match-making to allow people who don't have friends who play the game to join into a game.

At the very least, I don't *think* it does because when I went to play the current Heroic Strike, it sent me in solo and didn't match me up with anyone.

They can match you up in PvP Crucible and even in the regular Strikes Zavala gives you, but not Raids or Nightfalls?  Dumb.

Still playing Monster Hunter World.  I'm guessing at least 25 hours in at this point, but who knows, since I can't find that information for the life of me on the PS4 (it's right there in front of you on Steam).  Someone help me out here and tell me how to find this super basic information that should, by all rights, be very easy to find.  Anyway, the game is freakin' awesome.  I'm Hunter rank 10 now and about to tackle my first 6 star quest.  This is easily my early front runner for GotY 2018.  Of course, there is a lot of year left.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Played Dungeons 2....made me feel like replaying DK2. Didn't really game much this weekend, nothing really getting me motivated, other than torturing myself with Overwatch comp MP

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra