What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I can understand wanting to type a little less letters in text, but what is the obsession with initial abbreviations overall. Always makes me think of Robin Williams line in Good Morning Vietnam making fun of such. It gets a bit ridiculous after a while. :D

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was a space station in warcraft 2 ?

Wing Commander 2.    

Hey, SO2 lets you blow up space stations *with nuclear missiles*.

Thought the torpedoes I used were nuclear! Forgot I had the expansions actually, will be good to kill Jazz..eventually.

Well that's what you get for asking Maniac what he'd like to see in a new fighter model. Of course it ends up carrying a dumbfire nuke. Torpedoes were just phase shield piercing missiles, according to the manual.

I think Wing Commander 2 was the first game I've played where the storytelling affected me emotionally. I was sad when Spirit died and I really hated Jazz. With a passion.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

AC is both a game series with jumping off rooftops and silly genetic memory and a technology to keep yourself cool in summer.

...And my first thought was armor class.

I got distracted while writing and forgot to type that one. You don't know how long I was staring at that post trying to figure out what I was doing.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

There was a space station in warcraft 2 ?

Wing Commander 2.    

Hey, SO2 lets you blow up space stations *with nuclear missiles*.

Thought the torpedoes I used were nuclear! Forgot I had the expansions actually, will be good to kill Jazz..eventually.

Well that's what you get for asking Maniac what he'd like to see in a new fighter model. Of course it ends up carrying a dumbfire nuke. Torpedoes were just phase shield piercing missiles, according to the manual.

I think Wing Commander 2 was the first game I've played where the storytelling affected me emotionally. I was sad when Spirit died and I really hated Jazz. With a passion.

Wasn't the first game to get an emotional response from my (that would be a party wipe in the first Wizardry in the level 5 (?) repeating maze, 6 year old me was devastated) but yeah, I loathed Jazz. Indeed, despite there being better written villains he may still be the villain I've actively disliked the most in videogames. WC 2-4 were very well written, and even Prophecy had decent writing despite its problems.

• Like 1

Shame I never played it when it was current, I was mostly into X-Wing and TIE Fighter so not many characters. Oddly I don't ever recall seeing it in stores when I used to browse for PC games I couldn't afford or run, but I did borrow WC1 from a class mate and found the manual pretty damn cool.

I guess I might as well plod on with Wing Commander for now, after 2 I have to knock off 3 (which I also tried playing with a mouse and keyboard...I am full of unwise decisions) then 4.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I came into it late - and indeed into PC gaming fairly late since we only had a 286 with EGA graphics until around '94 or '95. Got a DX4/100 at that point, and a Creative bundle containing a Sound Blaster 16, double-speed CD-ROM drive and a over a dozen games. That bundle changed my life.

SimCity 2000

Rebel Assault

Return to Zork

Iron Helix

Ultima 8

Wing Commander 2

Syndicate Plus

Strike Commander

Railroad Tycoon

Civilization

Silent Service 2

F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0

I might even be forgetting some titles there.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

About 2 years ago I bought the Devil May Cry HD Collection for the PS3 and hadn't touched it till now. It was even sealed. :p

Last night I finished GTA IV: TLAD(which was friggin awesome btw!) and decided to give the...ehum... DMC collection a go. Felt good opening the shrink wrap off a brand new game. I still have a couple of sealed PS3 games. I'll open them one by one when the time is right. :) 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Wasn't the first game to get an emotional response from my (that would be a party wipe in the first Wizardry in the level 5 (?) repeating maze, 6 year old me was devastated) but yeah, I loathed Jazz. Indeed, despite there being better written villains he may still be the villain I've actively disliked the most in videogames. WC 2-4 were very well written, and even Prophecy had decent writing despite its problems.

Oh, sure, gameplay caused some emotional responses before Wing Commander. Elation at winning, anger, frustration, the usual. 's why I specifically stated storytelling. :)

I came into it late - and indeed into PC gaming fairly late since we only had a 286 with EGA graphics until around '94 or '95. Got a DX4/100 at that point, and a Creative bundle containing a Sound Blaster 16, double-speed CD-ROM drive and a over a dozen games. That bundle changed my life.

My Creative Bundle came with a Sound Blaster Pro, a double speed CD-ROM drive and LucasArts adventures. Monkey Island with a real CD audio track was amazing. But that was a bit earlier than the 16 came out.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Conpleted first scenario in Hard West on Hard. I needed only one restart during all of the missions. Thinking to go for Ironman attempt on Hard. But probably I should just go and play new unlocked scenarios.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What annoyed me most in Hard West is a memory leak that makes the game run worse the longer you play. Pretty much forced me to restart breaks every once in a while.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

SimCity 2000

Rebel Assault

Return to Zork

Iron Helix

Ultima 8

Wing Commander 2

Syndicate Plus

Strike Commander

Railroad Tycoon

Civilization

Silent Service 2

F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0

I might even be forgetting some titles there.

I had a 386 until 1997, no sound card at all too. So I had to imagine noises for pretty much all my games :lol:  Played a lot of F-117A until I got this bug that prevented it working, so I regressed to F-19 and also played Gunship 2k.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

but nobody's played it

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I played a little bit of Mysteries of Westgate. I remember getting horribly bored of it quickly.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Please, Don't Touch Anything on Steam (from our good pal ShadySands). One of those little wacky "end-a-thons", where you try to find all the different little secret endings through a variety of arcane steps or techniques in a very short game. It was fun to play around with for a couple of hours, and had decent music and visuals.

Scanner Sombre on Steam (also from ShadySands). Apparently, this was meant to be a VR game, which I did not realize. Oh well, it was a little bit of horror-exploration fun with a nice little gimmick of "painting" the pitch black underground cavern you're stuck in with a scanner to reveal the area as you go along.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I don't get why every review of Destiny 2 talks about how they improved upon the previous game.  IMO, so far it's the same game except the story (which wasn't that strong in the first one) got worse.  I actually thought the story was OK in Destiny 1.  This story is almost non-existent.

I'm losing steam with Destiny 2 for that very reason.  I've not bothered with finishing the story because it's so damn boring (and simplistic), and the activities can only hold my attention for so long.  Especially since I don't really like the PvP aspect.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Please, Don't Touch Anything on Steam

I thought that was the full name of the game.  :facepalm:

And I thought at first, it was his recommendation, how we should be managing our spending habits in the world of Digital Distribution, and was awaiting some new GabeN drama, in his lenghty post...

I ended up disapointed :'(

• Like 4

I don't get why every review of Destiny 2 talks about how they improved upon the previous game.  IMO, so far it's the same game except the story (which wasn't that strong in the first one) got worse.  I actually thought the story was OK in Destiny 1.  This story is almost non-existent.

I'm losing steam with Destiny 2 for that very reason.  I've not bothered with finishing the story because it's so damn boring (and simplistic), and the activities can only hold my attention for so long.  Especially since I don't really like the PvP aspect.

Because these reviewers were maybe not objective enough, and just parroted what Mr. Bobby has written on the checks, they received? :p

From November 2017, all I see and read about Destiny 2, is how bad the game is compared to number one, and even wall street news are giving advice to investors to stay from that trainwreck as far away as possible...

You should finish the story just to get a high level Exotic Engram. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I wouldn't mind playing the original Destiny again, you could do fun things on your own in that game and the PvP was a whole lot of fun, never managed to participate in any raids though. 

Maybe I'll try Destiny 2 once a complete edition is out.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.