What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Making my way through Owlboy.... really disappointed. Art is impressive, but that’s about that. Gameplay is really really basic, mechanics poorly expanded upon and gimmicks make basic gameplay elements like exploration or combat more fiddly or boring than refreshing. Story treats itself very seriously, which with cartoonish design of the world just doesn’t work for me - it’s like Mario talking about cancer, it’s weird and uncompelling. About to do the final level, so maybe it will all come together and redeem itself, but so far it has been a chore to play though.

Sounds like an Indie title to me! Art heavily outweighing every other aspect, basically Indie is an art generator.

Blew up the space station so, WC2 is done. I guess I'll go back to Stellaris until the RNG shafts me again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started Hard West yesterday evening. Have only 1 mission behind me. It looks very promising.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There was a space station in warcraft 2 ?

Wing Commander 2.    

Hey, SO2 lets you blow up space stations *with nuclear missiles*.

Thought the torpedoes I used were nuclear! Forgot I had the expansions actually, will be good to kill Jazz..eventually.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm having fun with Shining Force, but man have games come a long way since then :) The initiative system where I can't even guess what unit will play next can be frustrating.

I thought Shining Force had a turn based system where you could move any character you wanted to during your turn?  Has it really been that long since I played it?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I wish they'd actually released all of SF3 in the US instead of just the first chapter.  Or are you counting SFCD / SF Gaiden as the third game?

Now I want to replay SF games. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Benny only leads the charge when he chooses to do so, I'm all about charging forward with my obscenely gigantic hammer, though it is useful when Benny distracts the monster so that I can smash it in the butt.  I don't tell Benny what to do, Benny acts on his own.

I totally didn't read "obesely gigantic hammer", nope. I also didn't almost fall off my chair laughing when I realized that I did not read that...

Got bit bored with Far Harbor so I went back to the one thing that is challenging and at some point will kill you in Fallout 4. The true endgame. There were no scrub dares to go. I am, of course, talking about building settlements!

I might also have fallen about 5 or so stories down while building my vault. Buildings can defy gravity in this game, but it appears living pixels can't. Ouch.

Edited by marelooke

I wish they'd actually released all of SF3 in the US instead of just the first chapter.  Or are you counting SFCD / SF Gaiden as the third game?

Now I want to replay SF games. :(

Shining Forces 1-3, Shining in the Darkness (dungeon crawler), Shining the Holy Ark (dungeon crawler), and Shining Wisdom (a Zelda-like).

I wasn't that crazy about Shining Wisdom and could never beat Shining in the Darkness, but I remember liking Shining the Holy Ark.

• Like 1

All the Shining Force games follow the same basic combat system. And yes, I've played all three, melkathi. :p

Tell me I don't get to pick who acts. Because if I can then I haven't figured out how :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wasn't that crazy about Shining Wisdom and could never beat Shining in the Darkness, but I remember liking Shining the Holy Ark.

Yeah, that's exactly what I remember. Shining the Holy Ark is still my favorite in the series. Its pretty simple in terms of difficulty and a bit short for an RPG, but I enjoyed a lot. (I even bought a used Sega Saturn years later so I could replay it.) 

It's so hard to keep up with abbreviations. 

HP is a printer and a boy that lived.

DOS is both a game with bad writing and a disk operating system.

AC is both a game series with jumping off rooftops and silly genetic memory and a technology to keep yourself cool in summer.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I still get a giggle out of people using D2 to refer to Diablo 2 and responding as if we're talking about D2

I have no life. :(

• Like 1

I still have to remind myself that here, most of the time PoE doesn't mean Path of Exile.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

AC is both a game series with jumping off rooftops and silly genetic memory and a technology to keep yourself cool in summer.

...And my first thought was armor class.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.