What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Reached the credits in Dungeon Siege II.

The game is playable, but the only RP part in it is character's build. Story and maps are linear, gameplay gets rather repetitive by Act II, AI is non-existent, control over the party is poor. And the ending is in the DLC/expansion, Broken World.

Finally unlocked all the various activities in Destiny 2.  Patrols, strikes, etc.  Now I'm going to get sidetracked even more from finishing the main story questline because I'll be doing all these planetary activities instead.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Celeste. Or, rather, the story part. Haven't grabbed all the secrets yet or unlocked all the extra levels.

It's... odd. The first three quarters the game is a nice platformer with some puzzle elements and storytelling through visuals, environments and gameplay with barely any dialogue. Then the game suddenly dumps a massive amount of exposition on your head in the form of the only longer conversation there is, afterwards gives you a nice level with an interesting boss fight and then it falls apart a bit.

The final chapter is an exercise in frustrating level design. It's not difficult per se just sometimes you'll run into very long screens where the only way to get through is a healthy amount of dying while memorizing the path you need to take. Once that's done it's not hard to get through. In a way that's a bit like Quickman's level in Mega Man 2. Except with less beams and more crystal spikes.

I found that rather jarring because the rest of the game barely ever ventures into fake difficulty territory. To put that into perspective, the game keeps track of the amount of dying you do. The last (regular) chapter accounts for a full third of all my deaths.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Is Celest worth it? Did anyone end up getting Iconoclasts? Is anyone getting Crossing Souls? Crossing Souls, the game bent on killing the 80's by bringing everything from the 80's back just to qatch monsters to destroy it.

Have you ever heard of Zombies Ate My Neighbors? It's like that but 80's ish and more story.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I was reminded tonight why I tend to avoid games that involve playing with random strangers while playing Destiny 2 tonight.

I ran into a handful of idiots who kept shooting at me while I was trying to perform certain tasks (ie. buying guns, doing public events, etc.).  Bullets from other players don't actually affect you (though I believe rocket backdraft can), so it was merely just for the sake of being annoying.

I never understood why people do that.  Maybe I'm just old, but I don't see the entertainment in annoying other players for minutes at a time.

[/rant]

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was reminded tonight why I tend to avoid games that involve playing with random strangers while playing Destiny 2 tonight.

I ran into a handful of idiots who kept shooting at me while I was trying to perform certain tasks (ie. buying guns, doing public events, etc.).  Bullets from other players don't actually affect you (though I believe rocket backdraft can), so it was merely just for the sake of being annoying.

I never understood why people do that.  Maybe I'm just old, but I don't see the entertainment in annoying other players for minutes at a time.

[/rant]

I would never do this unsolicited with strangers/random online gaming.

My husband, on the other hand .... it's a thing, among many other things. And it's glorious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cities Skylines, is a city builder similar to old Sim City.

Pleanty of choices, but plot is rather predictable. No romance option, and all babymaking is happening off screen.

It is safe to say that it is one of best citybuilders on market (not that there is much of competicion).

• Like 1

Still playing Sim Settlements 4 as far as singleplayer games are concerned.

Decided to grab Vault 88, figuring out how to use those building pieces is turning out to be a pain.

So far I haven't gotten any settlement to 100 happiness. Sanctuary is now hovering around 91% though (seems to go up/down by 1% for no discernible reason) and I have quite a few others that are in the mid to high 80s.

Couple of things I noticed:

* need maximum charisma to be able to fill your settlement to capacity (or get Settlers from elsewhere, like some of those traders that you can get to join)

* non-humanoid inhabitants are capped on happiness, so getting rid of them is beneficial (eg. workshop droids, Ada, Strong,...) for the happiness score

* companion interaction with settlements appears rather wonky. I somehow have 21 settlers (while the cap is 20, and the 21sth came from the beacon) in Sanctuary, so I think one of my companions is counting as a Settler but not counting against the cap. Companions seem to also have an effect on happiness, even when they're just hanging around (though they appear not to count as unemployed). Not sure if I can be bothered to figure out what exactly is going on here, nor do I really want to remove all companions from Sanctuary at this point, so I'm building up another settlement purely with Settlers.

* if you have 4 unemployed Settlers no new ones will join, Provisioners appear to be counted as unemployed settlers(!). I imagine with associated drain on their happiness because of being unemployed...

So one of the things I did was instead of having my trade routes start at Sanctuary and fan out, which lead to having 4 Provisioners in Sanctuary (and no new Settlers arriving...) I swapped everything around so Sanctuary has no Provisioners at all and every other settlement has a maximum of 1 provisioner going to the next settlement until all trade routes eventually converge in sanctuary. Setting that all up was a bit annoying (and time consuming!) since obviously most of my resources are centralized in Sanctuary. Average happiness in my settlements sky-rocketed though.

Thinking of actually going back to Fallout 4 for a bit now and finishing up Far Harbor and maybe Nuka World too...might get some new building blocks for Sim Settlements 4 out of those, who knows! ;)

Edited by marelooke

Nioh.

eeehhh.

It's alright I suppose. I'm not a fan of so many moves being part of progression when there aren't very many to begin with. Stances are a dumb idea. Use combos instead.  Maybe that's just the fighting game guy in me. 

Actual learning curve is just getting used to all the things that are a bit ass backwards. Other than that just spam quick attack like it was Dark Souls. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

IIRC doesn't Japanese weapon fighting styles use stances (I know the Katana has several, not so certain on others)?  If my memory of that is correct, it seems like it could be an attempt to at least give a bit of a real 'feel'.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

[/rant]

I would never do this unsolicited with strangers/random online gaming.

My husband, on the other hand .... it's a thing, among many other things. And it's glorious.

But when it's your husband (or friends), it's more good natured ribbing than being a dolt to strangers.

When I played CoD for a stretch (around MW2), me and my friends used to always do stuff like that to each other because it also involved some friendly "trash talk" over mics.

I see it kind of like the difference between playfully greeting your friends with, "Hey, losers" and walking up to some stranger and saying, "Hey, loser".

• Like 1

Slowly making my way through MHW.  I love how chaotic hunts can get.  I was hunting my second Anjanath (to get crafting materials) and I tracked it down and the fight began typically.  I was doing fairly well, slowly softening it up, then, from out of nowhere, a Great Jagras, feeling really frisky, shows up.  At first I thought this would benefit me, as the 2 giant monsters would fight and I could use the diversion to get in some free shots.  While they did scrap, they also both came after me.  A Great Jagras, at that point, was no threat to me, on its own.  However, it was a really pesky distraction I definitely didn't need while fighting the quite dangerous Anjanath.  I just couldn't get the 2 separated so that I could get a 1 on 1 with the Anjanath.  Eventually, the Great Jagras ran off in 1 direction and the Anjanath in another.  I thought to myself "Great, now's my chance" and followed the Anjanath.  Turns out the Anjanath was just taking a different route to where the Great Jagras was to ambush it and I was right back to the same problem as before.  A chaotic 3 way battle ensued with me trying to get in pot shots on the Anjanath while trying desperately to avoid both of them.  Than a friggin' Rathian swooped down from the sky to complicate things further.  The battle spiraled out of control very rapidly and I was mostly just trying to not get trampled.  I had to get the Rathian out of there so I led it on a wild goose chase which separated it from the other 2 monsters.  Eventually I managed to lose it by going underground.  By then I had lost track of the Anjanath and had to search to find its trail again, which I eventually did and was quite relieved to find it had ditched (killed?) the Great Jagas and I could finally face it alone again.  In the end, I killed the Anjanath and got my materials, but that was a really crazy half hour or so of chaos.

:wowey:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Slowly making my way through MHW.  I love how chaotic hunts can get.  I was hunting my second Anjanath (to get crafting materials) and I tracked it down and the fight began typically.  I was doing fairly well, slowly softening it up, then, from out of nowhere, a Great Jagras, feeling really frisky, shows up.  At first I thought this would benefit me, as the 2 giant monsters would fight and I could use the diversion to get in some free shots.  While they did scrap, they also both came after me.  A Great Jagras, at that point, was no threat to me, on its own.  However, it was a really pesky distraction I definitely didn't need while fighting the quite dangerous Anjanath.  I just couldn't get the 2 separated so that I could get a 1 on 1 with the Anjanath.  Eventually, the Great Jagras ran off in 1 direction and the Anjanath in another.  I thought to myself "Great, now's my chance" and followed the Anjanath.  Turns out the Anjanath was just taking a different route to where the Great Jagras was to ambush it and I was right back to the same problem as before.  A chaotic 3 way battle ensued with me trying to get in pot shots on the Anjanath while trying desperately to avoid both of them.  Than a friggin' Rathian swooped down from the sky to complicate things further.  The battle spiraled out of control very rapidly and I was mostly just trying to not get trampled.  I had to get the Rathian out of there so I led it on a wild goose chase which separated it from the other 2 monsters.  Eventually I managed to lose it by going underground.  By then I had lost track of the Anjanath and had to search to find its trail again, which I eventually did and was quite relieved to find it had ditched (killed?) the Great Jagas and I could finally face it alone again.  In the end, I killed the Anjanath and got my materials, but that was a really crazy half hour or so of chaos.

:wowey:

Yeah, chaos in MHW is awesome. I'm still not as far in the game as i'd like due ot lack to playing time but chaotic scenes really do make my day every time. Like this one. wujuw6C.jpg Looks harmless to experienced players but i'm not there just yet. And i was laughing like mad while trying to fight them. I  was hunting Tobi-Kadachi btw.

• Like 3

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Nioh.

eeehhh.

It's alright I suppose. I'm not a fan of so many moves being part of progression when there aren't very many to begin with. Stances are a dumb idea. Use combos instead.  Maybe that's just the fighting game guy in me. 

Actual learning curve is just getting used to all the things that are a bit ass backwards. Other than that just spam quick attack like it was Dark Souls. 

Would not work for that game since most combos get interrupted by enemies with high poise.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Been flipping back and forth between my Warlock and Hunter in Destiny 2.  I prefer the powers that my Warlock has, but my Hunter looks "cooler".  Particularly the helmet and cape/hood combination is superior to anything my Warlock has.  Why, oh why, can't my Warlock find decent looking armor?

Now that I got Dark Souls 3 in Humble Monthly, I can finally give it a whirl. It's ... A really good fun, actually. Seems to have perfected the formula from DS.

My biggest complaint is that almost every character talking made me want to put my controller through my monitor. What the hell is up with almost every character giggling to close out every conversation?

...Why can't I be one of those nice people that aren't easily annoyed by things? :|

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My biggest complaint is that almost every character talking made me want to put my controller through my monitor. What the hell is up with almost every character giggling to close out every conversation?

It's a Dark Souls thing (perhaps even Demon Souls, but I don't have a console so...) The game tries to make it clear that nothing is really sane and functional anymore in the word, I think.

(Single-player) Daily Timed Hunt, Jan. 30th - worth 500QP. Most Dailies are 50-100QP so players might average 500-700QP a week.

It's 850QP to buy a single Vexxos (a limit-break magic making item that also sells for 500k gil).

Player wants 80 Vexxo's. Would take 2 years doing it "legit" via the Daily Hunt. Or...

Player can repeatedly turn back the PS4 clock back to Jan. 30th to exploit the game and do only that one specific Hunt 3 or 4 times a day or every other day, which means it might only take 2 months instead.

Guess what this Player is doing. Two years, **** that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Civ6 Rise&Fall. Pretty good. Didn’t spend too much time with vanilla but from little experience I have - expansion is certainly fun, but isn’t a “must have”. Would play with rather than without, but changes made aren’t game changing enough, to be a must have. Still new approach to eras is interesting, I like loyalty mechanic, making aggressive expansion still a valid strategy, while bringing some challenges with it. Governors are ok.

Making my way through Owlboy.... really disappointed. Art is impressive, but that’s about that. Gameplay is really really basic, mechanics poorly expanded upon and gimmicks make basic gameplay elements like exploration or combat more fiddly or boring than refreshing. Story treats itself very seriously, which with cartoonish design of the world just doesn’t work for me - it’s like Mario talking about cancer, it’s weird and uncompelling. About to do the final level, so maybe it will all come together and redeem itself, but so far it has been a chore to play though.

Still playing Celeste, grabbing crystal hearts and doing the B-Side chapters. There's some shenanigans with Madeline's hitbox going on. It's hard to describe but some environmental obstacles look like they're one pixel larger than the save ground below or besides, and when you grab onto a ledge just a bit too high you die instantly, which of course makes sense, but it's possible to climb into the same area without dying.

Seems like the grabbing animation extends her hitbox a bit. Considering the placement of these obstacles I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

Or it might just be the Switch port. The game also sometimes crashes.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.