What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Bought humble monthly for Civilization6 (which is pretty solid for vanilla Civ game) but got distracted big time by Snake Pass. Really charming game with creative twist on platformers. Camera can be a bother in tight spaces, but for the most part really tight controls, even with mouse&keyboard (pad recommended).

On a side, finally making my way through Divinity:OS2. Not really digging it. It is probably the best coop RPG out there, but as a singleplayer experience it doesn’t work for me. It feels like a coop centric game which you can play singleplayer. Not bad per say, by any means, but something I play for my RPG completion sake, rather than enjoyment. I am sure if I gather a trusted friend or two, I would have a great time. D:OS1 was the same - great with a friend, average alone.

• Like 1

Capturing monsters seems way more ethical than killing them in MHW.  Now, I don't have to slay the creature, I just beat it up really really bad with a giant hammer, then hold it hostage for a while, before releasing it back into the wild.  Conscience = Cleared.

:shifty:

i tried to do that at my low level with Anjanath .... wasted 5 traps and 20 tranq bombs :S

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finally reached 100% completion in Hollow Knight! What a game. I'm still not done though... I'm yet to beat the true final boss as well as finish the Arena and tackle the DLCs... but the game says I'm 100% complete so I'm running with it.

• Like 1

Capturing monsters seems way more ethical than killing them in MHW. Now, I don't have to slay the creature, I just beat it up really really bad with a giant hammer, then hold it hostage for a while, before releasing it back into the wild. Conscience = Cleared.

:lol:

Incoming "Ultra realistic depiction of misuse of animals" articles all over the web in

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Capturing monsters seems way more ethical than killing them in MHW. Now, I don't have to slay the creature, I just beat it up really really bad with a giant hammer, then hold it hostage for a while, before releasing it back into the wild. Conscience = Cleared.

You Monster (Hunter)!

Wrapped up my Endless Space 2 game (in the end, I have peacefully betrayed everybody, forced them into peace and got a wonder victory. Oh, the wonder!)

Now I'm in the process of wrapping up my second playthrough of Prey. The level design and the mechanical interactions still leave me a bit speechless.

• Like 1

Bought Celeste for my Switch. Will probably be playing that soonish. :)

Do tell if it's as good as internetz sez.

The gameplay part yes, so far. It's both simple and captivating and the artstyle is rather nice. I just finished chapter 3, maybe it'll pick up but so far the much lauded story does nothing much for me.

The "boss" sections of the levels give a pretty good impression of an anxiety attack though.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Maybe it's just the story missions, but the planets seem so bare of things to do in Destiny 2 compared to Destiny 1.  Each new planet that unlocks is just a lot of walking with the occasional fight.  Maybe I'm just not remembering Destiny 1 clearly, but I swear it seemed more ... full of random bands of enemies and tasks to do.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So if a Steam game says it supports DualShock controllers, does that mean I can just plug in the controller into a USB port on the PC and the game should see/utilize it, or do I still need 3rd party software or a Sony dongle or some other such?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You still need something called DS4windows, my experience has not been stellar. The cabled connection was a bit janky, the bluetooth worked fine, but now it's stopped working altogether. 

That said once it's up and running you can peruse steam menus with it, I assume things like the big picture and the VR equivalent. Supposedly Sony did a firmware update that makes the driver part of it plug and play, I read that somewhere, didn't work out of the box for me though and it won't unless yours is new, as in recently produced.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've been using a DS3 with a regular USB cable for all my PC games, Stam, GOG, Humble non-DRM games. I also use it for emulated games.

I use Scarlet Crush input wrapper.

I prefer the DS3 over the DS4. It feels more comfortable to play with.

I purchased some cheap wired stuff for my PC. It is very close to DualShock, but has natively 2 built in drivers. For MMinput (classic joystick driver) and for Xinput (xbox driver). Some newer games detect only Xinput. I have tried DS3 and DS4 too, but without bluetooth dongle, you just kill the battery in no time :/ So I have chosen the cheaper alternative.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just use the same tiny logitech dongle that came with a mouse I don't even have anymore. It does keyboard, ps4 controller and headphones at the same time. I mean sometimes the audio starts to sputter with all that going on, but  point being, don't bother with the PS4 dongle, anything using the default windows wireless driver works just fine and they are all dirt cheap.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's always the Contingency.

There's this one little corner of space that has had the most hilarious trouble with unrest. It was once a pretty decent small-to-mid size empire. Now it's something like 6 or 7 different empires, most of which are only a single system. And the Contingency appeared smack dab in the middle of that. They're doing fabulous at cleaning up the borders, I tell you.

And as usual, they end up appearing right in the middle of my empire, then right at the border between me and someone who hates me, and then only attack me from that position. I don't know how this keeps happening. Their last hub was over where my ally met the Caretakers. And they focused on attacking the Caretakers, so all is right with the galaxy.

This is the strongest crisis I've ever faced, but I'm also fielding the strongest fleet I've ever had, due to a great willingness to go overcapacity. Now that I've destroyed all of the Contingency hubs attacking me and my allies, I've cleaned up the Caretakers and taken their space for myself, and I'm leaving the last one alive to clean up all those pesky empires that are trying to create a Federation against us. This game is turning me into a monster, I think.

My Determined Exterminator allies don't seem too bothered by the Contingency. With the threats to our own empires resolved, they decided we should attack the largest empire left on our side of the galaxy. I can't say the same idea didn't occur to me, after all I was checking if I could demand vasslization a mere month earlier. Nope, too big.

This should help.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Deeper into Arcanum than I've ever gone (which isn't saying much). Really appreciate the reactivity around your character's appearance; looking like you just came from slaughtering wolves in the wilderness should matter!

I rather liked the amount of reactivity Arcanum had, but I can't quite recall appearance having much of an impact in a whole lot of instances.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The main story seems a LOT shorter in Destiny 2 than it was in the first game.  Destiny 1 wasn't exactly an epic, either.  But Destiny 2 seems about as long as the first two planets in Destiny 1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing NWN 2 (main campaign) and just finished the tutorial. Took me about three hours.  :sweat: That's the longest tutorial I've played since Phantom Pain.

The longest tutorial I have ever played was in FFXIII. It's like 30 hours long.

Deeper into Arcanum than I've ever gone (which isn't saying much). Really appreciate the reactivity around your character's appearance; looking like you just came from slaughtering wolves in the wilderness should matter!

I rather liked the amount of reactivity Arcanum had, but I can't quite recall appearance having much of an impact in a whole lot of instances.

I think reactions are more tied to beauty stat and I think on some types of armor (eg. barbarian chainmail iirc)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Also race. It doesn't have much influence on the game, but it's a very nice detail that adds a lot to the atmosphere.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Playing NWN 2 (main campaign) and just finished the tutorial. Took me about three hours.  :sweat: That's the longest tutorial I've played since Phantom Pain.

The longest tutorial I have ever played was in FFXIII. It's like 30 hours long.

Well technically the Witcher 3 is the longest tutorial I've played, but I don't count it because the real tutorial was White Orchard which was a open world zone with everything in it you'll find in any other zone and allowed you to run around doing quests out of order. It was real gameplay that was used as a tutorial.